✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post-VLV Fans?

getithom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you would consiter me.

After the x&y tour was over, like seriously a week after it was over, was when I became a real fan. But I went all out when VIVA was released;

however, I was a fan even when yellow first came out. I loved that song, but I was to young to even know the difference between bands. I know thats not what were talking about though so meh :)

I'm a total X&Y fangirl :smug:

lmao this. i'm always afraid to say this, but x&y was really what got me hooked...probably because ROBTTH and Parachutes was out when I was younger and I was more into NSYNC and that kind of stuff then (i know, I KNOW, im ashamed ha) but I remember when x&y came out, I didn't have a whole lot of spare change, but I would go to the virgin megastore and listen to that cd for houurrrrssss in that store lol. Even though I had loved them from "Yellow". I first saw that video when I was 15 and have been a fan ever since, but X&Y was when I became die hard.

I'm always afraid to admit that here cause it seems to be the black sheep of their albums, but i love it. Come on; that album that gave us Fix You, A Message, 'Til Kingdom Come & Swallowed by the Sea? How can you not at least appreciate it?

I hate to say this but I only started liking them a few months ago, but now I have all their albums, b-sides, pretty much everything they have ever put out :D

hey, if anything, at least you had a crapload of stuff to satisfy you :D it'd be like, all 4 album releases at once right?

I started liking coldplay after listening to violet hill, i thought it was brilliant and just blew me away but i didn't go searching for other coldplay music until after i heard VLV, i didn't really know what to look for then but after Viva and violet hill i felt i needed to listen to more of their music, i remember for a few weeks after listening to VLV i would go online wherever, go on youtube and sit for as long as i could watching videos and live performances, i couldn't describe the way i felt each time i got up from the computer, it was like nothing i had experienced before with music.

I noticed that knew some of their earlier stuff mostly from AROBTTH but wasn't a fan, i was too young to understand what they were about...so i'm a proud post-VLV fan because if it wasn't for it i would have never known coldplay :nice:

hey, if anything, at least you had a crapload of stuff to satisfy you it'd be like, all 4 album releases at once right?

yep its pretty crazy, all of a sudden I was drowning in everything Coldplay, (which is not a bad way to die by the way ;))

one minute I didn't know who they were, and the next thing I know 80% of the songs on my IPod are Coldplay songs :D

Hm I don't really know.

First one I heard was Clocks, and it was um, long time ago. So long time that I didn't remember any lyrics or even Clocks riff! Then 1-2 years ago I heard Clocks once again in the commercial, but it was only the begining whithout singing, so I still didn't know what is this song called. But in the next few days I discovered that my friend had it on her phone, so first thing I did was downloading it. But I don't know if it was before VLV or after. All I know is that after some time I heard Viva La Vida in YCD so maybe it was after. Hm. Really hard to say :rolleyes:

But it doesn't matter right? All that matters is that I love Coldplay and there music.

I liked their songs before VLV, but I really didn't listen to much other than their singles before VLV. I guess back then I didn't really use the computer for anything other than neopets (:facepalm:) and I didn't really listen to the radio. So I never heard about bands other than the ones I already had heard.:shrug:

I liked their songs before VLV, but I really didn't listen to much other than their singles before VLV. I guess back then I didn't really use the computer for anything other than neopets (:facepalm:) and I didn't really listen to the radio. So I never heard about bands other than the ones I already had heard.:shrug:

:laugh3:

I was young and when Speed Of Sound came out it was non-stop on Lebanon's radios and my brother who's now 19 liked Coldplay so I was like :"Philippe what's that song? I like it"

so he told me that there's a band called Coldplay and they do great music so I searched Coldplay on wikipedia I read their biography and then after listening over 300 times to Speed Of Sound it began to be my fav. song so after this I forgot about them but when VLV came out I was like :"Hey it's the band I used to love a long time ago!" I loved VLV I bought it I discovered CPing I came here and now I'm talking to you and I'm proud !:)

July 2005 I was in a bad accident and was in physical therapy for 9 months -- 2.5 hours a day, 3x a week. They had the same freakin' cd playing on a continuous loop, which I now know was "X & Y." I wasn't a CP fan at the time and I was sick to death of it. I asked my therapist how he could stand it and he said the office manager was a huge CP fan and controlled the P.A. system. He & I used to talk music and when I was discharged I made him a mixtape and called it, "Not Coldplay." And now I've got CP on a continuous loop (not really), but more than just "X & Y."

technically the first coldplay song i'd ever heard was yellow, but i was 2 young 2 really understand it, then it was clocks, and then that morning, i was watching violet hill on vh1's top 20 thingy, and i was hooked, strangely enough i went out and bought X & Y instead of viva, idr y but i friggin loved it

i became a fan after the i tunes commercial, but i do have to say that im 15 but three years ago i had my first ipod and i really didnt know what kind of music i wanted to buy, 2006 was my first year,and first time i listend to radio and in this case i really didnt like what i was hearing too irratating espeacially now. but again at that time i didnt know what kind of music i liked becasue well i never was intrested at all in music ( wasnt social as a kid) . but i was an mj fan(share his B-day)so one day i bought two of his cds and put them up on my ipod and listed to my cd player, then i guess that was all i listend to i was too shy back then to try something else , during the time i saw the commercial for itunes coldplay thing, iwas instantly hooked then i bought the cd and put it on my ipod, later on during a 2 month peroid i bought x&y and rush of blood to the head. coldplay and mj kinda in weird way tought me not to think that just be coz im a young kid at that time i dont have to listend to crappy mainstream music, im free to listen to whatever music i want,(preferable old 70s,60s, 90s, and the good 2000s) and to this day i never looked back.:)

I'm actually not sure. I think it all started when I saw the commercial on TV for VLVODAAHF, I had heard of Coldplay before though. I kinda fell in love with Violet Hill. I started to listen to the other songs on the album and I really liked them all. I later started to look at their videos on Youtube and found Talk. I quickly remembered the song from a couple of years back, I guess I heard it on the radio back when it was released. I started listening the songs on X&Y and then took the step to their older albums. I realised that I had heard a lot of their songs on the radio when i was younger, but I didn't know who they were back then.

It really surprises me that if I compare my joining date with other around here, I joined before about 70 percent of the people on here (if not more) whilst I thought I was kind of late with discovering Coldplay. I remember going t oa record store where there was a 'buy 2 get the 3rd cd for free' action and I picked Coldplay for the free cd (parachutes), because I knew some of their singles. This was a couple of months before X&Y was released.

Last year I downloaded Viva la Vida (the song) because I'd heard it a few times and liked it. Then my friend made me listen to Clocks, saying, "You'll recognise this one." It took me 3 seconds to recall ancient memories of hearing this song in the car way back when it was popular. So I downloaded it. Then I heard Yellow and got that. Then was Speed of Sound, then, of all things, White Shadows. Then I though "Why not?" and downloaded the whole of VLVODAAHF. I liked every song immediately, and then got X&Y, and AROBTTH and Parachutes. I downloaded all four albums over one week. I was instantly and permanently obsessed.

This was all in November, 2009. All of it. My friends had liked Coldplay for ages, and now I wish they'd introduced me sooner. LP5 is going to be the first album I ever care about coming out sooner.