✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

AAAAAHHHH they finally posted a video!!!!! :bomb:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRYs1dq1CK0&feature=player_embedded]DRC Music - Damon and Jupiter - YouTube[/ame]

Sounds great and Remi says there's more on the way! and Damo's looking as gorgeous as ever :dozey:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how true those solo album rumors are? It doesn't sound like him to be honest, he's always been kind of against solo albums lol. Then again maybe it will be something small like Democrazy was. Who knows... I could be wrong.

look at him and cute raven :3

tumblr_lqhooe53x81qmoxweo1_400.jpg

Maybe there is some truth to the solo rumors, I'm honestly surprised! Who knows tho, he'll probably change his mind :lol:

“Then I’d like to do a record with my own name on it,” he smiles, his silver front tooth giving him a cheeky glint. “I don’t know what but there’s lots of stuff. I tend to be one of these people who has a lot of plates spinning and the ones that spin the longest are the ones I end up making music with.”

— Damon Albarn, Q 2011

Also this DRC trailer IS BEAUTIFUL *___*

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nZ4zOJ_Ig&feature=player_embedded]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nZ4zOJ_Ig&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I pre- ordered the vinly the other day :dance: the album isn't released until Oct. tho :/ Damn, I really love Halo and the other tracks so far.

I'm not sure how true those solo album rumors are? It doesn't sound like him to be honest, he's always been kind of against solo albums lol. Then again maybe it will be something small like Democrazy was. Who knows... I could be wrong.

look at him and cute raven :3

tumblr_lqhooe53x81qmoxweo1_400.jpg

I HATE RAVENS.. but this picture is cute :}

Maybe there is some truth to the solo rumors, I'm honestly surprised! Who knows tho, he'll probably change his mind :lol:

“Then I’d like to do a record with my own name on it,” he smiles, his silver front tooth giving him a cheeky glint. “I don’t know what but there’s lots of stuff. I tend to be one of these people who has a lot of plates spinning and the ones that spin the longest are the ones I end up making music with.”

— Damon Albarn, Q 2011

Also this DRC trailer IS BEAUTIFUL *___*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2nZ4zOJ_Ig&feature=player_embedded

I pre- ordered the vinly the other day :dance: the album isn't released until Oct. tho :/ Damn, I really love Halo and the other tracks so far.

Oh yes solo album pretty please!

I agree about the trailer, this is really interesting!

Aaand I'll leave this here for you Liz --> :heart:

Perrine!!! :kiss:

i think this place needs a proper spam!

there are some new albarn family pics and omg missy is so tall for an 11 year old!! :O

Screenshot2011-09-15at83112PM.png

Screenshot2011-09-15at83204PM.png

tumblr_lrlaku5D9T1qcilyeo1_500.png

how cute are they!!! :nice:

tumblr_lrotbrh5hn1qdns7so1_500.jpg

tumblr_lrot6mMRel1qdns7so1_500.jpg

^these were emailed to my friend from one of the violinists in Doctor Dee, super sweet her took pics for her :3

tumblr_lrmmuwlTlc1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr8p5gQkWa1qcilyeo2_250.gif

tumblr_lrbi5i02ub1qieo92o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr5vt4uB8n1qhn0r3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr3yqjCbDl1qdns7so1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr3yl8yKur1qdns7so1_500.jpg

tumblr_lr0xr9pxEP1qcilyeo1_250.gif

tumblr_lr2fbpf8vD1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

and new interview here!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/8765744/Damon-Albarn-captures-the-hum-of-Africa.html#.TnTTwA4-MIM.twitter

:D

OMG the first pic, I sometimes stand like that too :D it's so much more comfortable than normal standing... my family teases me for it but now I can defend myself with "the Albarn does it"

Missy looks so much like her mother! looks like all she got from her dad was the head shape... imma keep my fingers crossed for a mini-Damo sometime in the future (no overcreeperishness intended)

I won't go through every photo and comment on it (as much as I want to) but I will say this- in the 3rd one his jeans are sagging to such an extent that his... rear looks deformed :P

and the last one.....those eyes are staring into my soul.......0_o

Yeah, I do see some of Damon in Missy tho, she has THE NOSE. And her personality seems very much like his from what I've seen :lol: she's a great mix of them both tho i' m sure :nice:

If you've ever seen Rudy Albarn, Damon's nephew, he is certainly a little Damon looks just like him. Although a Damon junior would be adorable, I think they may be a bit too old now to be wanting another baby though lol.

haha true, but I wouldn't say it's completely out the question till they get to their 50s :P still, both THE NOSE and the personality?! I approve... plus I've always been the awkward tall one so I can sympathize with her

I actually read something a while ago about her being interested in singing... can you imagine a female version of Damon's voice?? *dies*

and aww, I didn't know he had a nephew! somehow Rudy seems like the perfect name for a mini-Damon :nice:

Nope you never know his sister did just have a baby and she's only a couple years younger, guess nothing is impossible lol.

Oh really? haha i don't know myself if she likes singing, she's super obsessed with Chelsea football tho (as you can tell from the pics) and seems a bit of a tomboy.

Yes adorable nephew just search him on FB and you can see adorable!!! :3

Liz- yeah, I don't remember what the article was... as for the shirt, we already knew she and Damo had similar fashion sense (*cough*Minnie*cough*) :lol:

laundromatlock- I actually saw that right before I came here, my heart skipped a beat... he even went so far as to say they're not friends anymore :shocked2: AAAGGHHHH what does this mean?!?!?!?

The Damon/Jamie thing makes me sad. But they will make up. It might take them awhile and they may never do Gorillaz again but they are so ingrained in each other's lives I can't see them calling it quites forever. They are both really dominant, opinionated, and stubborn aries guys :P they clash more than we fans probably know. I'm not totally surprised as the last 10 years they have lived on the same street, worked together and taken family vacations together. No wonder they might want some time apart. Anyway I think they will make up in time. I'm more concerned about them as friend than I am about Gorillaz tbh since Damon will always be making awesome music regardless.