✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

Wow ok, I am not actually surprised that he has something else on this year :lol:

No I havent! Maybe I will have a look and see if I can find it, I'm sure it is very interesting. I've seen a couple of her drawings etc before, which were amazing from what I remember. Hmm, I think just from looking at her she seems really independent.

Yea I always remember from NDLTR, when he talked about how he went travelling with her to africa, and how she'd been travelling herself in the 90's.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I agree :lol:

He must be such an extrovert. Obviously.

Can't wait to hear this Dr Dee album, near enough as a solo album as we have got so far. I just really want him to do a solo album, under the name 'Damon Albarn'.

I read he wanted to make "empty club" music. Which sounds quite Think Tank.

Tinie Tempah's got a new album out soon, I'm hoping Damon does a turn. Unlikely of course, but he did it for Kano.

Ah yes I remember reading that about him wanting to make music about being in a club, etc. I agree it does sound very think tank! That whole album holds it's own space for me, it has this weird echo to it. It's own time. I dunno :lol:

I think you're right!

It's weird, I think my favourite of his albums is between Plastic Beach and The Queen, but I want a Blur album, then a solo album more than anything else. :D

I definately agree about The good the bad and then queen project being one of his best albums.

Most definately, I mean I am happy to hear whatever he is doing, so much variety, but at the same time, there is a special place in my heart for Blur for me :lol: and he needs to do an album under his own name because well, he is far too talented to not do so, and get the credit for it sorely by himself.

I definately agree about The good the bad and then queen project being one of his best albums.

Most definately, I mean I am happy to hear whatever he is doing, so much variety, but at the same time, there is a special place in my heart for Blur for me :lol: and he needs to do an album under his own name because well, he is far too talented to not do so, and get the credit for it sorely by himself.

Don't get me wrong, Blur are my favourite of his bands. 13, Blur and Think Tank are my favourite Blur albums, the order changes, but they've never released "the masterpiece" for me. Just consistently good albums (The Great Escape aside...).

Happy birthday Damon!

I'd love to hear a solo album but I don't know, it's not something I need. I think that no matter how many projects Damon can do what I wish the most is that my favorite band gives us a new album.

But I agree with you all. The Good The Bad and The Queen is a wonderful album, and I could listen to it everyday of my life.

Don't get me wrong, Blur are my favourite of his bands. 13, Blur and Think Tank are my favourite Blur albums, the order changes, but they've never released "the masterpiece" for me. Just consistently good albums (The Great Escape aside...).

Again, totally agree, like with Radiohead, I think OK Computer is their masterpiece, 100%, but with Blur.....I couldnt really pick one. They've had many amazing eras and albums, but not really that one point that was their pinnacle.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMON :wacky:

tumblr_m1asjoPIL21qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m12cc3KATz1qb3xkxo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332551553&Signature=rgSqoL2WAuNWT%2B6%2FDCqh0mWTCns%3D

tumblr_m19fy4WOaP1r6n7gwo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332551583&Signature=GPurPMLDTPgzP9aysERiql2iAhI%3D

I am late, but Happy Birthday for yesterday DAMON! :D

He is such a style chameleon :lol:

Hey.. I stumbled across this thread while looking at Damon Albarn pictures a couple of days ago. :D

I just spent the past 2 hours looking at Damon-spam you guys have put up and I love it. <333 -To the point where I signed up for the forum even though I kinda don't like forums.

I just read your story Lizzybear about meeting Damon @

Anyway I will try to rewrite most of it because I want to remember all the details the best I can.

I got to Detroit around 3:30 and parked but had to go find change for the dude monitoring the lot, so I walked around the venue and then BAM! There was Mick Jones from The Clash outside signing some things.

Anyway I ran up once I saw Mick and thank god I had my London Calling CD with me, he signed it and was SO adorable and sweet like this cute little grandpa or something lmao! He signed everyone’s things and I shook his hand through the gate and told him I liked his rings (he had some badass silver rings on his one hand) and he said thanks and then I asked if Paul was coming out. He said he might be out, just to keep an eye out for him. I had only been in Detroit 10 min. and I already met Mick! How awesome! He was seriously WAY too nice and so smiley. Awwww!

No more than 10 min. pass and here comes Jamie !!! I couldn’t believe it! He just came out by this side door out behind the theatre by the buses and walked over to us and asked us how we were doing. He was so chill and laid back, SUPER sweet and nice. He signed everyone’s things and then even sat down on the other side of the gate/fence and started drawing for us! It was AMAZING like seeing Jamie at work in his studio or something. I have some really great pics of him on my camera that Haley still has lol, but since he was on the other side I couldn’t get a pic with him sadly.

He did talk with the group of us quite a lot though. I mentioned something about Chicago to another fans standing there, and he was asked, “Chicago is that where you live? That’s my favorite American city.” I felt like saying “fuck yeah it is, you guys can crash there anytime lmao!” Then I asked him if he was going to come out on stage again like he did in New York and he said no that he was so embarrassed and he still had to get Damon back for that. He said he hates stuff like that and that’s why Damon is the frontman and he is the artist. Awwww he was shy. Then I just told him how happy I was that they were touring the US and came over here. He said it was their pleasure and they were happy to be here. So as he was still drawing everybody things, all I had on me still was that copy of London Calling that Mick signed so I asked Jamie if he wouldn’t mind just signing that as I didn’t have anything else. He didn’t mind at all and said he would be honored to sign next to Mick Jones on there, haha. Anyway he was super sweet and too kind and chatted with the group of us a little more. I asked if he knew if Damon would be out and he said right now he was sound checking and then they had to eat dinner, but then he pointed to his bus and said that’s Damon’s bus so he has to walk there after the show at some point and if you’re here he will come over.

Anyway Jamie maybe stayed with us for about 7 min. or so but he kept coming in and out and coming over a couple more times for people who just came and wanted something signed. He was just great! I also spotted Smoggy going in and out and I called him over. For those of you who don’t know, Smoggy is Damon’s bodyguard, who I wasn’t sure how we would get along really. But I started talking to him and being nice and just asking politely if he could have Damon come out. He said Damon was playing a very serious game of ping pong at the moment LMAO! Anyway the key to Smoggy is just being chill and polite, but still letting him know you’re a big fan and really want to meet Damon. I told him I did like him in Bananaz too and he goes, “You saw me in Bananaz?” hahaha and you could tell that was a big ego boost for him LMFAO! And I said, “YES! I loved you and Damon in Bananaz, you two are so funny together.” So yeah he liked hearing that. Also! Smoggy was totally wearing Damon’s love beads from the 90s. I’m not even joking, it was the exact necklace and I have no idea why Smoggy was wearing them :S

So like I said Jamie and Smoggy kept going in and out and smoking their ciggies together. And a bit earlier I met up with Geordan and she is seriously one of the sweetest girls I’ve ever met. We both met up with Haley and some of her friends later too and the concert passé was complete lol. Jamie even came over and signed for Geordan too since she came a bit later, I can’t get over how sweet he was. He did his little J-Weasel whatever he calls himself in Bananaz pose and it was seriously hilarious! His facial expressions are the best, he really is a cartoon himself I think.

So by now it was getting pretty late and the show was about to start in about 45 min. So I was getting nervous that maybe Damon wouldn’t come out afterall. So I asked Smoggy if he would do me a favor, I just asked him if he could maybe get my Fool’s Day vinyl signed and give Damon the letter I wrote for him (Yes, I know so cheesy, but it was nothing weird. Just things I wanted to thank him for and you know what I would like to say to him if I ever had the chance to talk to him properly for a bit). Smoggy didn’t mind at all and he also took this other girl’s ticket to get signed. There was this other guy too, Rob who asked Smoggy to get him this picture signed but Smoggy thought he was one of the ebay guys and said no. (See there were about 3 or 4 ebay guys there just to get autographs and sell on ebay. Which is shitty, I didn’t realize people actually did that stuff. I thought most of the stuff on ebay was just old fans who didn’t care about a band anymore or something. I mean I knew it happened but not that common I guess? If that makes sense? Anyway I guess Smoggy knew who they were since they had been at their hotel having them sign a bunch of stuff already.

And so Smoggy said no and asked him to name the first two Gorillaz singles then… he didn’t know them. Rob was mad though, he actually was a fan and he was nice to talk to while we were out there waiting. Him and Smoggy kind of got into it LOL he then got mad and called Smoggy all kinds of names but his real one. He called him, Snuggy, Sneetches, Smudgies, LOL the list when on and on. I couldn’t believe it. I also kind of told him to shut up, that if he pissed Smoggy off he might ruin it for everyone!

A couple minutes later Smoggy came back out with my vinyl signed (he signed the cover for it) and said Damon told us to go inside since it had started raining really badly and that he promises he will be out after the show. I thanked Smoggy for everything as he went back inside and I talked a moment to the girl there too if she was gonna stay afterwards.

Before I know it, a VERY familiar figure came around the other side of the buses. IT WAS DAMON! And I thought I was gonna pass out ‘cus he pointed at the three of us too and started yelling something. I was like, “oh shit.” And when he got closer I could hear what he was saying. He goes, “Smoggy says you three are still out here in the rain. Go inside now, I don’t have time to meet with you all now I have to get ready. I’ll come out here after the show, I promise. Just go inside now before you all get sick!”

;_______; kjsdkfjklsdjfjds I couldn’t believe it, I was just like, “Yes, yes yes!! Damon whatever you say!” He sounded like a freaking dad LMAO! I can just imagine him yelling at Missy about something like that.

Before he could say anything else, he was starting to go inside and kept telling us to go inside, that dude Rob piped up again and told Damon it was shitty how “Your Snuggie henchman dude, says you won’t sign my stuff ‘cus he thinks I’m from ebay!” And he actually started yelling at Damon about it. I was like, “Shut up! Don’t yell at Damon!!!” And Damon just said, “He’s looking out for my best interests ok?! I will sign it after the show” and you could tell he got a bit mad at that but oh just lksdjfksjdlkfjlsd it was so UNFy seeing him get upset at us for standing out there and then at this dude. Plus he was getting pretty wet now too and it reminded me of those shower pictures (yes, you girls know what I’m talking about lskdfslfjoiweuiotjrekgt ).

So after that Damon went back inside, and kept telling me and the other girl Sarah to go inside now, before we get sick. We were seriously speechless when he left, we just turned to each other and started laughing and then ran inside, don’t want da Owlbarn coming out mad at us again. LMAO! Seriously though, that was really sweet of him just to come out there and tell us to go inside, he didn’t want his fans getting sick. Plus he promised he would come out after, so he better!

I met up with Geordan again and told her what just happened, she couldn’t believe it either. Anyway, I was just shaking from excitement the whole time. We went to find our seats and tried to find Haley too. I thought my seats was suppose to be on Paul Simonon’s side but it actually got moved to Mick Jones side, so sadly I didn’t see too much of Paul the show, but he did come over to Mick’s side and they played Glitter Freeze right in front of me later. Anyway I’m getting ahead of myself.

We eventually did find Haley and that was amazing to meet her and her friends. Everyone was seriously so friendly and we all got along great. Like I said before best concert buddies ever!!! The passé was complete lol.

Also the security at this venue didn’t give a shit about anything LMAO! The opening act, N.E.R.D. (who were pretty good) let some people jump up on stage with them and start dancing! It was hilarious. Also I spotted Jeff Wootton backstage laughing at them too (oh god, Jeff is so cute!!) and I gave him a smile and waved to him. He saw me and gave me the cutest smile and little wave back sldfjlewjtioirueitj5.

And now it really didn’t take that long for Gorillaz to come out after N.E.R.D. and I orgininally had 2nd row seats, but like I said the security at this place didn’t care about anything and so when they came out I just moved right up to the stage. The pit wasn’t even crowded and not many people were going crazy throughout the show either, I think I was one of the only ones going insane during every song.

This was the setlist:

1. Orchestral Intro

2. Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach

3. 19/2000 (with Rosie Wilson)

4. Last Living Souls

5. Stylo (with Bobby Womack & Bootie Brown)

6. On Melancholy Hill

7. Rhinestone Eyes

8. Superfast Jellyfish (with De La Soul)

9. Tomorrow Comes Today

10. Empire Ants (Little Dragon, Yukimi Nagano)

11. Broken

12. Dirty Harry (with Bootie Brown)

13. El Manana

14. White Flag (with Kano and Bashy)

15. To Binge (Little Dragon)

16. DARE (with Rosie Wilson)

17. Glitter Freeze

18. Plastic Beach

Encore

19. Cloud of Unknowing (Bobby Womack)

20. Feel Good Inc. (De La Soul)

21. Clint Eastwood (Bashy)

22. Don’t Get Lost in Heaven

23. Demon Days (Bobby Womack)

So as you can see they played A LOT, a full two hours. It was definitely a show you got your monies worth out of. It was two hours but it seriously felt like 10 minutes, it flew by. This show blew my mind. There was never a dull moment. Damon really is an amazing front man, I don’t even know how to describe how great he was. And this is just Gorillaz, where he tries not to be a front man really, he’s always talking about how this is everyone’s show and tried to share the spotlight I think with everyone on stage. Man, if this had even been a Blur show, I don’t know! He would of jumped into the pit, I know it, he was so hyper and lost in the music.

Some highlights from the show:

During Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach, they have Snoop Dog on the big screen singing and you should of seen Damon’s face looking up at Snoop on there LMAO! He was so in lurve with his Snoop, I have a picture of him just staring up at Snoop when I get my camera back from Haley I’ll be sure to post all of them.

Also I can’t even remember how many times he leaned over and held out his hand and let me grope him LMAO! I couldn’t believe it! Me and another girl on the other side of the stage were just going crazy during every song and singing along to everything and I noticed he kept coming back to the two of us and letting us touch him HEHEE! Also I got to touch his melodica and hand while he was playing Clint Eastwood. He held me and this other girls hand too at one point and when he let go my hand slid down and I touched part of his bare tummy and I got to touch all down his thigh and leg ;_______; yes it was a proud groping moment. I’m sounding like a right groupie, but honestly if Damon Albarn is leaning down to you, who isn’t going to touch him? Well I sure as hell am. Plus you could tell there was still that bit of young showoff -ishness that he still has. Just the little smirks and stuff you could tell he loved it.

I got Rhinestone Eyes and Feel Good Inc. on video too which involves lots of cute Damo dancing. His little dancing was really cute throughout the show when others were singing. I practically cried during El Manana and Broken too. Those two songs especially are so emotional. It seriously looked like Damon was going to cry when he was singing Broken too. He just makes every song it’s own and puts all the emotion into it. It felt like he was living all those songs right there and then.

To Binge was so lovely too. Of course him and Yukimi Nagano come out there and hold hands and sing the song together. Before they started singing he was laughing and said, “We both have a song we would like to sing to all of you.” Lol it was super cute. And then after they sang it, he was talking some to the audience I forget exactly what he said now, but he went to put the mic back and he dropped it and he looked so sad LMAO. It made a big “PLOP” on the stage and he was all, “FUUUUUU!! “ and stomped his foot and just went back to his piano. Lol, he’s so hard on himself if he messes up on something.

During White Flag too Damon of course waves around that huge white flag for a bit. And when he went to stop he got all tangled in it and he was trying to find his way out of it while he was trying to get to the piano. It was hilarious and he started laughing about it. Also, Mick Jones did this little like Arabic dance, during White Flag. It was the most ridiculous, cutest thing ever. Seeing a member of The Clash up there doing this little like Arabic almost belly dance thing was just gold. You could tell Paul just looked over at him and shook his head and laughed. Damon too was sitting behind the one keyboard during this song with his beer and when Mick started doing that dance, Damon started cracking up and almost spit his beer everywhere LMAO!

Another huge highlight was when during Glitter Freeze, Paul comes over and him and Mick were seriously about a foot away from me just rocking out and giving that song their all. I was just screaming my head off at having half of The Clash right there! They still have it man, Paul’s basslines were better than ever and Mick was just so cute his little dancing all night and singing along to everything too. Damon too didn’t miss a single note, he sounds AMAZING live. He has such a wide range so he hit all his low notes and all those super high ones too. Plastic Beach and Demon Days near the end too, it sounded better than even on the album. His voice really is just amazing.

During the encore too I brought out the little Clash Sandwich sign I had for Mick, Damon and Paul. Mick saw it right away since I was right in front of him and he had himself a little giggle over it and really liked it. Damon say it next and you could tell he laugh. He gave me a funny little smirk and then just leaned his arm down and let me grab all down his arm LMFAO! It was like my little price for making a funny sign or something. Sadly I don’t think Paul saw it though since he was on the other side of the stage ☹ But it’s ok.

During Demon Days, some chick came up from behind me too and just ripped the setlist right off the stage! It was so fucking rude! Mick and Damon both looked at her like wtf, they weren’t even done playing and he was ripping up their setlist from the audience. She left the show after that too, didn’t even stay for the end! Fucking rude.

Anyway, I couldn’t believe how fast the show flew by. Every song was just fantastic, everyone sounded beyond amazing! All the songs sounded just as good or better than even on the albums. There was never a dull moment. I just wanted to make this concert last forever.

After Demon Days though I went and grabbed Geordan and Haley and her friends and we all went back out to where Damon said he would be out at. Now it was REALLY pouring down the rain. We were still all on our concert high and Haley got one of Cass’s drumsticks though. We waited out there for a while and then sadly Geordan had to go since he dad didn’t want her getting sick out in the rain like that since none of us had umbrellas or anything. So I was really sad she had to leave, but I know my dad or mom would of done that too ☹

I probably waited out there for about 1 hour and 20 minutes though before he finally came out. I felt so bad too because Haley and her friends had to leave too. We even switched cameras so we could take each other’s pictures with Damon. Since she left, we totally forgot to switch back. So we are going to have to mail each other our cameras back LMAO! So we won’t be able to put up any pics until then sadly.

I was getting really discouraged too, I was starting to think he wouldn’t come out after all, which would of probably made me cry since he said he would. The roadies were being assholes too and kept telling us to go away, that they already left. I saw their tour buses and no one was on them, I knew they were still in there. Rosie also came out twice, she was so nice to us and told us Damon was up in his room still doing business stuff with the theatre before he could leave. She said it would be about another 30min. and that we should go home before we all got sick. I wasn’t leaving until those tour buses pulled out. Also some guy who said he was “Bobby Womack’s man” said “Sorry folks! Bobby’s not feeling good tonight, but he says he loves all y’all and here is Damon Albarn’s towel!” then he threw the towel over the fence and I caught and just covered my head with it. LMAO I doubt it was his towel I just wanted something to keep the rain off. I don’t know why that dude would have Damon’s towel anyway. Plus none of us were really there for Bobby Womack anyway so we were all just like, oh meh.

There ended up being only 5 of us that stayed and met Damon. Those ebay guys were persistent, two of them stuck around. Me and that Rob guy and another guy were the only fans who stayed. So HEH I was the only girl there! Hahah more Damo fo’ ME!

Eventually I did see Smoggy come out and called for him again. He started yelling at the roadies saying, “I told you to let those girls come and stand under here, they have waiting in the freezing rain this whole time waiting on him? I told you all to let them stand under here!” The roadies were all like, “we thought they were all from ebay!!!” and then they all kind of disappeared once Smoggy yelled at them LMAO! Seriously though how totally sweet of Smoggy.

Right after that, I heard this loud, “WOOOO” and out came Damon running with this backpack that he threw into the air and caught again (it seriously looked like a hobo sack! LMAO!) and I started screaming just from exitment!!!!! He ran over to the gate where we were at and OMG ksdfjhisehruweuirej there was this gap in the gate just big enough for him to stick his head through and before I knew it about 4 inches from where I was standing he stuck his head through there and goes “HAhAH HI EVERYONE! ! HHAHHAA” and gives us all the craziest smile (he looked just like a freaking Owl sticking his head through there LMFAO)!! I screamed and touched his face and he was still laughing like a maniac.

All 5 of us then just crowded around him and we were trying to open that gate to actually get to him! Man he was looking crazy though. He had been drinking a few beers on stage and doing business in his room my ass, Rosie, he was up there smokin’ some joints that’s what he was doin’

Anyway I was telling Smoggy, “Smoggy, open this gate!!!! Get someone to open it!! I have to give Damon a hug!!!!” and poor Smoggy was trying his best and he said, “I know I know I’m trying here darling!” LMAO! And Damon kept poking him telling him, “Yeah Smoggy come on, open the gate, can’t you figure it out?” and laughing at him and teasing him. And Smoggy goes, “Well you could help too ya know!!” and Damon’s like “I can’t figure it out” and those two couldn’t figure out that fucking gate lock! It was comedy those two. Pure comedy, I couldn’t believe any of it!!

So I was like sigh these couple of idiots here and reached in there and fucking unwrapped those chains around it and open that gate myself FUCK! I must of looked crazy, but I had seen the guys been opening and closing it all night so I knew what to do. But Damon was still laughing, like “Well she got it open alright.” Also those ebay assholes were still trying to push their stupid pictures through for Damon to sign them. And Smoggy told them to stop pushing the lady LMAO! And Damon says, “yeah! Stop pushing!!”

But once I got that gate open, I just went and said, “DAMON!” gave him a big hug and he was still laughing and hugged back. He smelled like weed some and then this really nice cologne that he must of tried to cover it up with. He was so happy to, he just kept smiling and he signed everyone’s things even though Smoggy was still yelling at those ebay guys to “fuck off you ****s!!” and he still thought Rob was an ebay guy too and told him to back off LMAO and here Smoggy is offering to take my picture with Damon and telling the dudes to fuck off HAHHAAH! It was unreal I was getting the special treatment being the only gal around LMAO!

I had Damon sign the actual Fool’s Day vinyl, like right on the middle part of the vinyl so it’s now signed on the cover and the middle part of the vinyl. And I asked him if Smoggy gave him a letter before the show. He looked up and said, “Are you Liz Rassberry?” and my mouth dropped open I couldn’t breath! Kldsjflsdjfljsdfds Just hearing him say my name, I thought I would die. Seriously. And the way he said my last name, he said it like, “Raasburry” very posh and so British sounding lsdjflksdjfjsdjfd JUST UGH!!!!

So I nodded my head like crazy and said yes that was me! He smiled beautifully and said, “I like your name.” and I go, “I like your name too” (OMG what an idiot I was herp derrrrrrp). He laughed then and said, “Thanks, and yes I did get it. I read it before the show. It was very lovely.” I thought I was going to cry, I was so moved by the fact that Smoggy did give it to him and he actually took time to read it and remember my name!! I was literally SPEECHLESS. Smoggy then asked if I wanted a picture since I had my camera out. I gave it to him and then I hugged Damon again and he was still laughing and then I turned to let Smoggy take our picture. I have no idea where that crazy face Damon pulled came from but LMFAO! I looked at the picture right after Smoggy took it to make sure it turned out ok and Damon asked if it was good and I showed him and he said, “Ohh god, ok. I always take terrible pictures.” Then I said, “NO no it’s perfect, thank you so much.” But I think he is kind of right because no matter how many beautiful pictures we have of the man, he is seriously 10 times more gorgeous in real life, pictures don’t do him justice at all!

Smoggy was saying they had to go now. And I gave Damon one more hug and I had hugged him so much, I was just saying, “I’m sorry! I’m so weird, hugging you so much.” And he said, “N’aww you’re real sweet love.” Lksdjfklsjdfjewoiuioeuroieuiroeu. He called me love. And sweet. Yeah I melted.

Then he said, “Ok take care! Get inside somewhere ok! Bye, everyone!” And then someone closed the fence/ gate again. And I just yelled bye and lots of thank yous! And I thanked Smoggy again, I told him he was awesome and said thanks for everything. He said, “No problem, love. We’ll be seeing ya!” Take care” and went to the buses too.

I felt tears in my eyes, I really did. I just couldn’t believe how wonderful Damon was and he really is a special person, just someone you remember you know? I just kept thinking about that line in Alex’s book that says, “Damon was the kind of person that people talk about” and he really is. He was everything I thought he would be and more, funny, kind, great with his fans, a total sweetheart. The whole night was just beyond amazing. I will remember it forever. I still cannot believe all that good luck I had. I really hope more fans get to meet him on this tour too. Like I said and Riley said before me, just find those buses and wait patiently by them. They all have to get on their bus sometime or another. Also be polite and don’t be afraid to talk to people, but be very nice and good things will happen to you too!

OMG <33 I know that was a bit ago but you are so lucky. That is so awesome :stunned:

and Happy Birthday Damon :P

Hey.. I stumbled across this thread while looking at Damon Albarn pictures a couple of days ago. :D

I just spent the past 2 hours looking at Damon-spam you guys have put up and I love it. <333 -To the point where I signed up for the forum even though I kinda don't like forums.

I just read your story Lizzybear about meeting Damon @

OMG <33 I know that was a bit ago but you are so lucky. That is so awesome :stunned:

and Happy Birthday Damon :P

Oh hello! Welcome lol. Yes I noticed that in damon albarn google images this place and my damon blog comes up a TON LOL all over the internet.

Naww thanks! :blush: it was a great memory.

And crap idk why my photos are blank now :thinking: they are still on my blog.

More pics:

tumblr_m1czc0PFpL1r5v7rco1_500.png

tumblr_m18p8ikVkG1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m15rie94Pt1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1bosyADvu1qcw7ifo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1c3poFCNU1qa02uno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1ca0diFaI1r6oteno1_500.jpg

tumblr_m12cc3KATz1qb3xkxo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m18i9j3Gpp1r8bg1no1_500.png

tumblr_m19fy4WOaP1r6n7gwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m193x5ndqn1qb3xkxo2_250.gif

That story really is incredibly cool. I always love it when I hear stories from other fans who meet my favorite celebrities and report back that they're really nice and cool and everything. It makes me feel a lot better should I ever be lucky enough to get such a chance.

Off topic (sorry), but just realised my favourite Damon lyric;

‎"When the days, they seem to fall through you, well just... let them go."

Says everything really. Happy birthday, hero.

I love that song. Great choice.

That story really is incredibly cool. I always love it when I hear stories from other fans who meet my favorite celebrities and report back that they're really nice and cool and everything. It makes me feel a lot better should I ever be lucky enough to get such a chance.

I love that song. Great choice.

Thanks for being sweet you guys! I love Damon fan stories, I've honestly never heard a bad one, he's incredibly kind. That was the last one I shared publicly tho. Pretty sure some tumblr people legit hated me and Laura after we kept hanging out with him last year so i stopped sharing :lol: whatever..

Aw, that sucks. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Am I envious whenever I hear people talk about meeting someone I want to meet? Sure. But it's not their fault they were in the right place at the right time. And it's cool to hear the stories anyway, because they're always entertaining and interesting and fun, and I like knowing fans have such good experiences like that. So yeah, share away!

And you're welcome :).