✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAH I can't keep track of all this!! I'm gonna keep a lookout for someone posting the entire opera online :D hey, a girl can dream...

Liz- THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for those gifs!!! they're mesmerizing :rolleyes3: And I just heard The Reigning Queen- it's beautiful! Nice to finally hear the full version of the 5-second clip in that one trailer (I knew I'd love it)!

Oh, and I just found this:

damonbbc.jpg

the lighting makes him look almost.....angelic :freak: (and there's the bitchface twin on the right... :laugh3:)

So I've been stalking twitter for all kinds of updates. Looks like Dave, Alex and Paul were all there for the premiere AWWW I hope Graham gets to see it too. Feeling da love~

Now tweets are saying the opera went great and Damon and Johnny Depp are at the same club (may or may not be hanging out? i think they just ended up at the same club) and damo's getting his dance on :lol:

OK so some pics are already surfacing :bomb:

117770022.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB36AFB53E92233B532E99E34984DF7194A452D2E4CB428FEBE30A760B0D811297

117770033.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB7C5EF1CDF235E49A2E99E34984DF7194DBF46F1A249DC29DE30A760B0D811297

117770012.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FBD005A78E69E970A02E99E34984DF719425D0408354FBF786E30A760B0D811297

117770013.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FB3A8C1A0FB5B342042E99E34984DF719443718736B8B6278DE30A760B0D811297

OK i'll keep updating as i find stuff sdlkfjal

Paul? Like... McCartney Paul? :shocked2: And Dave and Alex and WHY AM I NOT THERE?!?!? (I'm half expecting him to collab with Blur after tonight, not just Gorillaz... again, a girl can dream :dozey:)

And hold on, AAGHHHHH, Johnny friggin' Depp is friends with Damon now?? And I'm not there to witness it?! :bomb:

Pics would ease the pain a little but they aren't showing up for me :( Must......see......NOW.........*salivates*

Oh, I almost forgot- 7-min. making-of vid here with lots'o'Damo: http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/video/2011/jul/01/damon-albarn-doctor-dee-video

Oh, that was stupid of me... *facepalm* Well I'm excited about him being there too!! XD Blur + The Clash is just as perfect as Blur + Macca.

Your tumblr looks pretty awesome, I can't believe I'm just finding out about it now... Yeah, so many Damo things are coming at us at once, I completely understand not being able to post them all here :nice: Reviews look good so far btw, as was to be expected!

amazing pic *saves to computer* And the vid's great too. Thanks yet again Liz! :dazzled:

And HI PERRINE!! I was hoping all the original thread people would eventually come back... Nice to finally meet you!

You can call me Amanda btw, I still haven't gotten used to Manderz :nice:

I'd love footage of the opera too... anyone wanna find some for us? I wouldn't mind pics of Damo + Johnny either :P

Well hello Damon thread :}

Are there any vids of the opera?

Also, love his new song <3

amazing pic *saves to computer* And the vid's great too. Thanks yet again Liz! :dazzled:

And HI PERRINE!! I was hoping all the original thread people would eventually come back... Nice to finally meet you!

I'd love footage of the opera too... anyone wanna find some for us? I wouldn't mind pics of Damo + Johnny either :P

I don't think so we've just seen small snipets of the opera so far. Hoping that there will be a soundtrack or DVD of it soon tho :/

Oh I wish, sadly I don't think Johnny and Damon hung out at the same bar, I think they were just both spotted there. After Johnny being so close with Oasis and Alex and him having a brawl back in the 90s I could see why Damon and him might not be BFFs :P

P.S. weeee my friend met damon yesterday :D in manchester. hope she finally got her pic with him all i got was a mega exited message from her hehee I'm so happy for her.

Hi! Nice to meet you too Amanda :nice:

I don't think so we've just seen small snipets of the opera so far. Hoping that there will be a soundtrack or DVD of it soon tho :/

Oh I wish, sadly I don't think Johnny and Damon hung out at the same bar, I think they were just both spotted there. After Johnny being so close with Oasis and Alex and him having a brawl back in the 90s I could see why Damon and him might not be BFFs :P

P.S. weeee my friend met damon yesterday :D in manchester. hope she finally got her pic with him all i got was a mega exited message from her hehee I'm so happy for her.

I hope we'll get something, really curious to see what it sounds/looks like!

And that's so cool! How did that happen?

So mad I couldn't of gone, why are flights so expensive?So far everyone I know who wanted to meet him has, either before or after the show.

Perrine, my friend said he had just came out of Sainsbury's with a toothbrush and toothpaste and she asked him for a pic. It was only 5 min. till the show started but she said he didn't mind and was really smiley and nice to her and rubbed her shoulder when they posed for a pic :dead::dead::dead:

That's too bad, when you're really determined to meet him at a Gorillaz concert it's not that hard I'd say :nice:

So mad I couldn't of gone, why are flights so expensive?So far everyone I know who wanted to meet him has, either before or after the show.

Perrine, my friend said he had just came out of Sainsbury's with a toothbrush and toothpaste and she asked him for a pic. It was only 5 min. till the show started but she said he didn't mind and was really smiley and nice to her and rubbed her shoulder when they posed for a pic :dead::dead::dead:

Ugh D:

Always so sweet! Wtf for the toothbrush haha

I had a feel that I should have went out back to see if I could meet him, but my mom said no, that should should on our way home. And afterwards I talked to someone on my deviant art account and they said that their friend went to to same concert and met him afterwards out back and I so I was pissed at my mom and said I told u so.

^ aw :( don't worry there will be other opportunities and damo is always so fan friendly, i'm sure you'll meet him.

Yeah Perrine, he had just finished eating dinner at Pizza Express and she said he went to get a toothbrush, guess he didn't want food in his teeth before the show :P

The last night of the opera, I guess Jude Law was there :dead: he's such a Damo fanboy, my friend passed them on the way to a pub but she didn't talk to them (WTFFF).

And look he shaved right after the show. RIP the beard!

tumblr_lo39vzNLnm1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

Ya it's my life goal, to meet and take a picture w/ Damon. If I ever do go to England I'm probably gonna be standing right next to him and notice it was him after he left, it's happened twice before with 2 different actors, Josh from "Drake & Josh" and the guy that voices as Sponge Bob, I know what he looks like but I could never remember his name.

And look he shaved right after the show. RIP the beard!

tumblr_lo39vzNLnm1qcilyeo1_500.jpg

Hello everyone again :)

Awww, doesnt he look sweet, all baby faced and smooth without his beard :lol:

He did suit the beard, but he just has that sort of face, he looks good with both, and different hairstyles etc. :nice:

I havent seen much about the Dee show, only saw Damon perform a song on a program over here a couple of weeks ago and that sounded beaut-e-ful, so yesss, i need to investigate further!