• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

!!!!

i thought this place died again, maybe i was wrong :P

the good the bad and the queen after party:

dublin honest jon's backstage and after party at their hotel ooolala :P

and sorry to be the bearer of bad news but damon said he never said anything about a blur american tour :(

Just out of interest, was that a party open to everyone or were you invited?

I had to leave early. Missed the title track and On Melancholy Hill :bigcry:

Aww poor thing! The end was lovely. That hour and a half DJ set at the beginning however was NOT :P

And yeah all the parties were invite only, I know I'm spoiled.

Wooow. You're very, very lucky. What's Damon really like?

Yeah, I had to leave at 10:15, and the support act was just clearing the stage at 9:25. And it said "special guests"... I was beginning to think I wouldn't see Damon at all that night :/... He's my ultimate hero, seen him with the main three bands now, so I'm happy.

He's really kind and thoughtful. I mean idk it's so weird now after meeting him and hanging out a bit, he's just very normal. You would never know he's famous just having a conversation with him, he just doesn't act it at all, very down to earth and open to a lot of people. Very chill and hilarious as well, has the best stories.

That support act lasted wayyy too long. One of the security guards at the front was even like "damn you guys are patient!" ahaha!

He's really kind and thoughtful. I mean idk it's so weird now after meeting him and hanging out a bit, he's just very normal. You would never know he's famous just having a conversation with him, he just doesn't act it at all, very down to earth and open to a lot of people. Very chill and hilarious as well, has the best stories.

That support act lasted wayyy too long. One of the security guards at the front was even like "damn you guys are patient!" ahaha!

Haha!

And I'm glad to hear he's a nice guy :) As I say, he's my absolute hero, he's the reason I got into music (listening and performing). He's a great, great man.

I HAVE BEEN MISSING OUT WAY TOO MUCH. THIS IS THE EFFECT OF NOT VISITING THE FORUM. BLARGH.

LIZ OMG :bomb::bomb::bomb:

and if blur can't even make an american tour i doubt i would be able to see them at all. bleh.

Does your mate work for Reading or festival organizing? I can't see that happening unless Blur put out a new album tbh and Alex made it sound like they might just be recording one new song or something. :confused: They already did the reunion shows so it would be weird and bit gimmicky if they kept playing festivals without any new stuff. I don't know if I believe it but I could be totally wrong :P And I hope if I see Blur one day it's something more intimate than a festival.

Does your mate work for Reading or festival organizing? I can't see that happening unless Blur put out a new album tbh and Alex made it sound like they might just be recording one new song or something. :confused: They already did the reunion shows so it would be weird and bit gimmicky if they kept playing festivals without any new stuff. I don't know if I believe it but I could be totally wrong :P And I hope if I see Blur one day it's something more intimate than a festival.

Nope, he's a Reading obsessive and a massive Blur fan. He claims there are clues, one of them being the statement from the Reading organiser about Stone Roses not playing 2012 as it would be "inappropriate". Personally I can't see it happening either, I'm not sure if I want it to happen. It'll be three years since I saw them at Hyde Park and that was the joint-best gig of my life. Nothing's changed, and as Damon said, they've got nothing new to give.

However, they have been given the Brit for Outstanding Contribution. Maybe new material is round the corner?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know if people have heard, but William Orbit claimed on Twitter recently to have been working with Damon. That could mean any project, but he went on to tell Coxon well done for nailing a guitar take.

Have to say I'm more than a little surprised if Orbit is working with them. Despite 13 being my favourite album, I would've expected them to go back to the classic sound revisited for a big return.