✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question- I don't think Denholm's ready to reveal it but we may find out in time. So far all we know is that Damon wasn't invited to Jamie's wedding since apparently they've had another falling-out, and just when they got over the last one... :\

The Damon/Jamie thing makes me sad. But they will make up. It might take them awhile and they may never do Gorillaz again but they are so ingrained in each other's lives I can't see them calling it quites forever. They are both really dominant, opinionated, and stubborn aries guys :P they clash more than we fans probably know. I'm not totally surprised as the last 10 years they have lived on the same street, worked together and taken family vacations together. No wonder they might want some time apart. Anyway I think they will make up in time. I'm more concerned about them as friend than I am about Gorillaz tbh since Damon will always be making awesome music regardless.

You have a point there- I'm automatically in love with everything Damon does. Still, I've spent the past year cycling through all their albums on a walkman, which somehow brings you much closer to the music than an iPod can... I listened to Empire Ants in the dark the night of my birthday (I'm an Aries too- they make me so proud), The Fall got me through a cross-country road trip, etc etc... I can't imagine it all ending now when I discovered it just a matter of months ago :( Their friendship definitely comes first though.

So, Jamie didn't invited Damon to his wedding, since according to Denholm (btw i didn't asked him anything) they are in bad terms.

I am still unsure of what to make of this...

Oh gawd. No. But I guess I agree with Liz. Hopefully the time apart would cure they friendship. It did with Graham and Damon, didn't it?

guize forgive me if i forget Blur's history ugh i'm such a fail fan. k need to make time to watch NDLTR again.

What happened between them? I dont know about anything. :shocked2:

I don't think anyone knows details right now. Im sure some of it must of come from Jamie moving to France as soon as the Gorillaz tour ended. He was signed up to be a part of Doctor Dee but then dropped out :/ Maybe Damon felt left out as Jamie went to stay with Emma. Being the workaholic the Owlbarn is, he probably expected Jamie to keep his work commitments. There is probably more to the story than just that though.

Oh gawd. No. But I guess I agree with Liz. Hopefully the time apart would cure they friendship. It did with Graham and Damon, didn't it?

guize forgive me if i forget Blur's history ugh i'm such a fail fan. k need to make time to watch NDLTR again.

yes and :whip: get back on the blur craze you!

Oh and this is one of the cover's for November Q magazine HNGGGG :bomb:

tumblr_lrzkztbeAW1qcilyeo1_100.jpg

preordered my copy omggg so much shaking and fapping when that arrives :dead:

My dear friend Shelley scanned it already :D she's gonna scan the interview tomorrow!

tumblr_ls7543htOL1qc161po1_500.jpg

tumblr_ls760c6qlc1qc161po1_500.jpg

I

CAN'T

UGHGHG

FAPPING

:dead::dead::dead::dead:

Oh fuck. Those eyes. THOSE EYES :bomb::bomb:

and it doesn't stop at the eyes ok

UGH, I want that issue too!

tumblr_ls832hUTUX1qc161po1_500.jpg

tumblr_ls832hUTUX1qc161po2_500.jpg

i think that's the interview

sideprofile damon. helpp

and btw, i have no regrets quoting those pictures though i don't have to. heh

Man, i can't believe that in this October we'll see a colaboration between Damon, Flea and Tony Allen!

Really hoping for a record to come out of that

I AM JELLY!!! But no that's awesome dude!!! Are you gonna try and say hi to Damon and the crew afterwards? You really should a bunch of people met him tonight after the Oxjam for the DRC album launch. Loving the pink hat he wore tonight HAHAH!!

tumblr_lsb2lg4zb21qdns7so1_400.jpg

I AM JELLY!!! But no that's awesome dude!!! Are you gonna try and say hi to Damon and the crew afterwards? You really should a bunch of people met him tonight after the Oxjam for the DRC album launch. Loving the pink hat he wore tonight HAHAH!!

tumblr_lsb2lg4zb21qdns7so1_400.jpg

Lol, you misunderstood me. I'm not in England, i'm just anxiously expecting the project :D

Ok, Liz. LIZ. I got kicked off the computer last night before I could comment on the pics, but I swear the EXACT thing I was going to say was "THOSE EYES :bomb:" 0_o

Thanks for the interview btw- I looked up "Seasons in the Sun" and it's so sweet but haunting, I can totally see how it inspired him... They obviously misquoted him though. The Albarn does not giggle. :P

I might've mentioned this before but I really like that club-no-one-goes-to idea of his. It's almost like a sarcastic take on pop culture..... I'm sensing a trend here :P and it sounds hard to pull off but he's never had any problems with that.

and lol, him and his hats... the "real men wear pink" thing is so overused yet so appropriate here XD is it just me or does he look kinda mid-90s-Damon-ish?

now I have to go find vids of the launch, though I broke half of my headphones just in time (listening to Blur of course) so I won't get the full effect :(

yeah Albarn doesn't giggle he "hurrhurrhurrr"'s :P

his fav color may be pink, first the minnie mouse shirt now more bold with this hat LOL.

yeah he does, he looks great rn (well he is always looking great but you know EXTRA SOMETHING SOMETHING LATELY)

this guy has a bunch of vids up of the launch, how great, such an intimate performance:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

and the guy met him afterwards too :nice: (see he's ripped off damon's PB red and black striped shirt as well :lol:)

tumblr_lsc3goDQQo1qdns7s

U should totally go!! And take lots of pics! Wish I could go :P.

Gah!! My order never went through!! No matter what computer I use the website won't let me order from the US!! thats BS!! I'll check eBay or amozon. And I got my starshaped DVD finally!! Lovn it :)

AAAAHHHHHHH that means you might meet him 3 more times in the near future (along with all the awesome people he's working with)!! Do this thread a favor and tell him we said hi when that happens? :P

Too much Damo in that video... my senses can't handle it :bomb: There really is something about him lately, I can't put my finger on it...

Btw in honor of Steve Jobs I feel like I should post this:

damonalbarnandstevejobs.jpg

RIP.

Also there's the whole Gorillaz singles album thing, but something tells me that's just their way of keeping the fans interested while they figure out how to break the news... :cry: Murdoc's "end is nigh" stuff is just making it all the more painful.

I saw Talib Kweli and Mos Def performing together on Colbert just before and since Damon's linked to both of them I can't help but wonder if he had something to do with them getting together... :nice: Too Late's one of my favorite Damon songs, come to think of it. *heads off to Youtube*

That would be awesome if u did say hi for us :).

Hopefully, if they do end everything with this album, they'll add on to the story of Gorillaz cuz I finish the plastic beach thing and Murdoc goes missing at the end. I'm hoping it's not the end tho and pick it up 4 to 5 years from now like they did w/ Demon Days. A friendship like Damon and Jamie's doesn't or couldnt end like this. But who knows really. We'll just have to wait and see what the future has to offer.

Aw poor Steve, he seemed like a fanboy that day lol rest in peace, Steve.

Well never say never to Gorillaz. News has leaked that Blur and Gorillaz have switched management. Therefore something in the future must be going on if they felt the need to switch. All the this news with Damon's bands lately too makes me think he might resurface Blur for something soon. Because I really thought the good the bad and the queen were over as well.... never say never to damon :P