✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damon out on his birthday lmao the peep show sign :P

http://damonalbarn.tumblr.com/post/19823776182/damon-out-on-his-birthday-at-la-bodega-negra

also i have a full rocket juice d/l if anyone wants it i can private message it to you, i feel a bit bad giving away damon's stuff for free since honest jons is kind of a small record label, but i think privately is a little better then putting it on this thread publicly.

http://www.nme.com/news/blur--2/62830

He then went on to say that he feels it might be the last song he ever writes for Blur, adding: "I don’t really do anything with Blur any more - there’s this concert this year but its not a full time thing at all. Maybe this tune's a last little coda to the whole story."

Didn't he say something similar about Fool's Day :thinking:

Didn't he say something similar about Fool's Day :thinking:

Damon: I never close the book on a project.

Graham: There will definitely be a new album.

Alex: There will definitely be no new album.

Damon: Don't count on a new album.

Graham: There will probably be a new album.

Damon: Maybe we'll release EPs.

Alex: We still meet up and play music.

Orbit: I am working in the studio with Damon and Graham.

Damon: We came up with a song about Notting Hill carnival, but it's not relevant anymore.

Dave: We're working on something.

Damon: Under The Westway could spell the end of Blur.

Your guess, my friend, is as good as mine.

Damon: I never close the book on a project.

Graham: There will definitely be a new album.

Alex: There will definitely be no new album.

Damon: Don't count on a new album.

Graham: There will probably be a new album.

Damon: Maybe we'll release EPs.

Alex: We still meet up and play music.

Orbit: I am working in the studio with Damon and Graham.

Damon: We came up with a song about Notting Hill carnival, but it's not relevant anymore.

Dave: We're working on something.

Damon: Under The Westway could spell the end of Blur.

Your guess, my friend, is as good as mine.

I'm thinking they just want it to be a suprise and just want to hide the fact it was leaked.. It's kind of like the Gorillaz thing, the whole no one was originally supposed to know it was him? He isn't particularly the best with secrets and surprises I think.

I'm thinking they just want it to be a suprise and just want to hide the fact it was leaked.. It's kind of like the Gorillaz thing, the whole no one was originally supposed to know it was him? He isn't particularly the best with secrets and surprises I think.[/color][/font][/b]

Well he's either doing it because he wants everyone to believe nothing he says, or he's just being totally honest and they actually do have no idea what's going on.

If it's the first one, he can't keep messing us around and then give us no material, that's just mean.

If it's the second one... well they've been under the impression at least once that there will be a new record, that doesn't just come from one song, surely?

My bet is that there are a few bits and pieces of songs here and there. And they are working on something new, but it's taking a long time to figure out.

Well he's either doing it because he wants everyone to believe nothing he says, or he's just being totally honest and they actually do have no idea what's going on.

If it's the first one, he can't keep messing us around and then give us no material, that's just mean.

If it's the second one... well they've been under the impression at least once that there will be a new record, that doesn't just come from one song, surely?

My bet is that there are a few bits and pieces of songs here and there. And they are working on something new, but it's taking a long time to figure out.

Well thing about that is, there was an interview, and for the love of god I can't remember where I saw it, but none-the-less, the interviewer asked about the rumors that he'd been practicing with Blur, and he was about to answer, then he leaned back and asked "Am I allowed to talk about that?" then he turned back and said "Its nothing... Yeah, it's nothing." SO possibly it's back and forth because someone is telling them not to discuss it, possibly?

Well thing about that is, there was an interview, and for the love of god I can't remember where I saw it, but none-the-less, the interviewer asked about the rumors that he'd been practicing with Blur, and he was about to answer, then he leaned back and asked "Am I allowed to talk about that?" then he turned back and said "Its nothing... Yeah, it's nothing." SO possibly it's back and forth because someone is telling them not to discuss it, possibly?[/color][/font][/b]

That's interesting actually... Knowing that excites me.

tumblr_lfo5xqIhYA1qd1240o1_r1_500.gif

...In Damon I trust, I wish I had the patience :(

Who knows what is or isn't going on with blur, they all say contradicting things. I would love them to release an album or ep because I believe that 'magic' is still there which was evident from the 2009 shows. I don't really know if damon is as dedicated or indeed any of them, but I think there is a part of them all that wants blur to be together.

Who knows what is or isn't going on with blur, they all say contradicting things. I would love them to release an album or ep because I believe that 'magic' is still there which was evident from the 2009 shows. I don't really know if damon is as dedicated or indeed any of them, but I think there is a part of them all that wants blur to be together.

They've all got different lives now, but surely... just a few recorded tracks shouldn't be that much of a big effort?

And if there's anyone who can chuck a fantastic album together amidst a heavy schedule... It's Damon Albarn.

Exactly that is the point, they simply have their own separate lives now which is obviously only natural. I also think they could put something together but on their own terms, when they are available and more relaxed pace and schedule. Who knows! :lol:

Well thing about that is, there was an interview, and for the love of god I can't remember where I saw it, but none-the-less, the interviewer asked about the rumors that he'd been practicing with Blur, and he was about to answer, then he leaned back and asked "Am I allowed to talk about that?" then he turned back and said "Its nothing... Yeah, it's nothing." SO possibly it's back and forth because someone is telling them not to discuss it, possibly?[/color][/font][/b]

That's interesting actually... Knowing that excites me.

tumblr_lfo5xqIhYA1qd1240o1_r1_500.gif

...In Damon I trust, I wish I had the patience :(

Yeah it was Pitchfork

http://pitchfork.com/news/45414-damon-albarn-talks-2012-plans/

It's whatever tho. He's a troll. I mean this discussion pops up every time a Blur member mentions the word Blur. I'm not worried about it, whatever happens, happens.

That's the thing as well, Damon and grahams friendship is so beautiful, so of course it must all have a special place in their hearts :nice:

gramon <3

tumblr_m1dzz1PuYg1qdwjvbo3_500.jpg

That's the cutest pic I've seen in a while. :blush:

It was during Tender at the Brits. Thought, I'm having that for my Facebook cover photo.

At one point, I had my profile picture as a Best of Blur mock-up. I did one of the Arctic Monkeys for my sister's Tumblr.

tumblr_lx8q3rEVpt1r7jlivo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1332867690&Signature=bqkSXHDdI17tQJ62udIVtXHQXxA%3D

(Unrelated I know. Sorry!)

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. Does DA feature on it a lot?

Vocally, no. But if you want an Albarn moment, listen to Poison.

Something else I'd recommend to any Albarn fans who haven't seen before is Bananaz. Watched the other day, great film, minus Damon being sick and sitting on the loo. And Jamie is so Murdoc, it's unreal.