✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Damon Albarn thread.

eff-exx

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, don't be! It's pretty depressing over here at the minute. The weather is crap too!

I really want to go to America, so I'm jealous of you. I've never been! I seem to be the only person never to have been in the USA.

So did you become a Damon fan through Blur first and then Gorillaz, or the other way around?

i guess the grass is always greener right? lol. ive never been out of the country. hopefully one day.

i definitely started crushing on damon because of blur. i got into them in high school. tbh i dont love the gorillaz. i like them, but they arent my fave. i still have 2 get plastic beach. they are actually gonna be playing near me in october (3 and a half hours away) but i srsly cant decide if i should go or not. :\ the only reason i would be going is damon and its a long ass drive and expensive.... i think im gonna hold out and hope for another blur reunion, although thats a long shot i know. :(

how about you? :glasses2:

2usd6qu.jpg

kbd7rs.jpg

HE LOOKS SO EXHAUSTED. poor bb. (i love this video. i watch it every night before bed)

blah. time for bed for me 2 lol... :veryangry2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5aN4ARdDhQ]YouTube- Blur - No Distance Left To Run[/ame]

Sorry for multi quoting almost everything you girls just posted...

ahaha. i liked that one. i read them on my cell on my lunch break at work and busted out for that one and the bike one. :laugh3:

hmm... maybe i will make a tumblr then. everyone on my twitter feed seems 2 have one. :\ idk. it'd be a nice place 2 post all my damon pics. well besides here of course.

2yug8si.jpg

You should totally make a tumblr. It's where I find all my Damon/ Blur/ Gorillaz piccies and all the girls (and yes we even have a few guys :lol: ) on there are awesome! If you make one, follow ---> me and I'll follow you back and pimp you out to the other Blur fans and tell them to follow you since you DO have some yummy Damon pics/ gifs.

Yeh I'm so glad I joined here too. You guys are really nice and friendly.

Two things: Where did that pic of Damon on the toilet come from? Between that and the bit in Bananaz, the boy really has no shame :laugh3:

Also, where is the sketch Jamie did of Damon from? "Ski Jump nose" made me laugh quite a bit. But bad Jamie :whip: Damon's nose is perfect!

Aw thanks! I agree all us girls in here are lovely.

He really doesn't have any shame, I read this one interview where it's just Damon and Alex. Damon got up half way through and said he had to use the loo. Alex brings out a book and starts reading it saying something about how it's going to be a while till Damon's done since he takes legendary long craps or something along those lines :lol: If I find it again, I'll post it in here.

i know that toilet pic is in the album booklet for best of blur.

and damons nose is FLAWLESS lol. <3

im so happy i joined here 2!! u guys are awesome.

where are you all from?

2eewmz9.jpg

Are you serious? ahahahahahah that toilet pic is in the Best of Blur? AHAHA that's so ironic, "here's our singer, on the toilet, best we have." Hilarious.

I'm from the lame state of Indiana in the US :dozey:

What about you?

Oh god, don't be! It's pretty depressing over here at the minute. The weather is crap too!

I really want to go to America, so I'm jealous of you. I've never been! I seem to be the only person never to have been in the USA.

So did you become a Damon fan through Blur first and then Gorillaz, or the other way around?

We can switch any time honey! I was in Dublin for a weekend and I love the Irish, everyone was super friendly with us. Besides your shit loads closer to Damon than I am.. :shifty: lol

i guess the grass is always greener right? lol. ive never been out of the country. hopefully one day.

i definitely started crushing on damon because of blur. i got into them in high school. tbh i dont love the gorillaz. i like them, but they arent my fave. i still have 2 get plastic beach. they are actually gonna be playing near me in october (3 and a half hours away) but i srsly cant decide if i should go or not. :\ the only reason i would be going is damon and its a long ass drive and expensive.... i think im gonna hold out and hope for another blur reunion, although thats a long shot i know. :(

2usd6qu.jpg

kbd7rs.jpg

HE LOOKS SO EXHAUSTED. poor bb. (i love this video. i watch it every night before bed)

blah. time for bed for me 2 lol... :veryangry2:

Aw. I love Gorillaz. I honestly think I can say I love all the music he has put out. But of course Blur is much more close to my heart and I do prefer them over Gorillaz if I had to choose.

Thank you for all those pics and that yummy gif!

He does look so tired... bless

:heart:

tumblr_l02ztd4BRb1qzfku8o1_500.jpg

I think grass over here would be the greenest. LULZ.

Don't worry y'all. I'm the furthest away from Damon. :lips:

btw, i'm up for a NDLTR or Blur @ Hyde Park or Starshaped watch party :smiley:

I'm up for that too. :shy:

BUT OMGGGGGGG TIMEZONES. :wreck:

tumblr_l02ztd4BRb1qzfku8o1_500.jpg

That girl's smile... :uhoh:

omg. damon and graham are so precious. <3

wheres the gif of him and graham kissing tho!! *goes 2 find...

jjnzth.jpg

33le1hu.jpg

2sadv0l.jpg

2131zmg.jpg

These are awesome :laugh4: Especially the meme!

and im so excited for a watching party...like i said i dont own any of the dvds yet. ;_; NDLTR is on its way here tho. :P i will try and get my sister 2 put starshaped up top of netflix for me...
I don't have Starshaped DVD either but we can watch it on youtube!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XD-GmBKeok&feature=related]YouTube- Starshaped-Blur Movie part 1[/ame]

The quality's not good, though. :\

this one is cute, a little sketch Jamie did of Damon:

tumblr_l6uw6jz0cj1qd7ug3o1_400.jpg

:lol:!

Is that Jamie's handwriting? It fucking rocks.

I'm up for that too. :shy:

BUT OMGGGGGGG TIMEZONES. :wreck:

INORITE?! :bigcry: Do you have time for watching it now? Well... not really now just around 11 am/12 pm GMT. I think this would work the best?

I'm from Slovenia but I'll go to England for 5 months in less than one month :D I became a Blur fan far too late. I remember listening to their songs on the radio gazillion years ago so when I downloaded The Best Of 3 years ago, I already knew a lot of the songs. For some reason I didn't get into them until some time last year after seeing people talk about the Hyde Park gig and Blur slash in another fandom. After that I decided to listen to them more and voila. :)

Oh well. I think I will make a tumblr after all. :mellow:

Since everyone has said there name in here, I apologize, the few times I've posted I don't think I said mine. I'm Audrey btw. :)

this one again heehe!

damociggy.gif

omg. damon and graham are so precious. <3

wheres the gif of him and graham kissing tho!! *goes 2 find...

28aojf6.jpg

aww <3

Is it just me or does anyone else feel a little guilty when they see Damon and Graham and then Damon and Jamie pics?

Considering the history and stuff between Graham and Jamie and all. I hope they are friends now again.

I feel as if I skipped a few posts here and there, by looking at this page's quotes... :thinking: So I decided to look properly lulz.

Bad habit of scrolling fast. :shame:

2mruzw7.jpg

YES

:laugh3::laugh3: It's pretty ironic, in my opinion, the whole Oasis breaking up and Blur reuniting. Wonder what do they say when they think about it.

this one is cute, a little sketch Jamie did of Damon:

tumblr_l6uw6jz0cj1qd7ug3o1_400.jpg

I didn't see this one until Nina quoted it. :shame:

Jamie's handwriting does look like the handwriting used for the Gorillaz sign, anyone else agrees?

I don't have Starshaped DVD either but we can watch it on youtube!

YouTube- Starshaped-Blur Movie part 1

The quality's not good, though. :\

INORITE?! :bigcry: Do you have time for watching it now? Well... not really now just around 11 am/12 pm GMT. I think this would work the best?

I didn't know Starshaped is on Youtube already. :surprised:

/fail fan.

Not on weekdays, my mum would kill me. :\ I have school and though I just roam the Internet (not exactly with my mum's consent), if she hears Damon's sexy voice, she's gonna come into the room and ask why aren't I studying. And I do have my final exams end of next month so I should be studying.

But if y'all can't do it any other time, perhaps I can try to fit in. :nice:

Is it just me or does anyone else feel a little guilty when they see Damon and Graham and then Damon and Jamie pics?

Considering the history and stuff between Graham and Jamie and all. I hope they are friends now again.

Hey Audrey!

I didn't know that too. What happened?

where are you all from?

England

I'm Irish. Where are you from?

Ooh I didnt know you were from Ireland, very nice, I want to visit Dublin eventually :lol:

Also Audrey, nice to know your name too now! :laugh3:

This thread is so crowded I love it :wacky: too many things to quote

Well, I grew up hearing Blur on the radio and liked some of their songs, but I didn't really understand the whole Britpop movement, to be honest. I found it quite alienating. It was kinda like when people have in-jokes, if you know what I mean. I've always liked Damon though. I've always thought he was beautiful, but I really didn't realise that the man is a genius! But I really fell in love with Gorillaz a few months ago. There are few bands that I've loved so much. I now consider myself to be a blur fan too though. I've been listening to them alot lately and my orininal idea of them was wrong. They are a fantastic band, and their music is so diverse, which is not something that can be said about most bands.

He really doesn't have any shame, I read this one interview where it's just Damon and Alex. Damon got up half way through and said he had to use the loo. Alex brings out a book and starts reading it saying something about how it's going to be a while till Damon's done since he takes legendary long craps or something along those lines :lol: If I find it again, I'll post it in here.

That sounds hilarious! If you do come accross it again, make sure to post it here!! :wink3:

Ooh I didnt know you were from Ireland, very nice, I want to visit Dublin eventually :lol:

Yeh Dublin is one of those cities that you either love or hate. I personally don't feel much affection for, but a lot of people love it! Hope you do like it whenever you get over!

And regarding the Graham and Jamie thing - I believe they were both in a relationship with the same woman (at different times, I think), and this caused a lot of friction between them. Of course with Damon and Graham's relationship being a bit rocky, this didn't help much.

(sorry for the long post!)

Aw. I love Gorillaz. I honestly think I can say I love all the music he has put out. But of course Blur is much more close to my heart and I do prefer them over Gorillaz if I had to choose.

I agree, Blur is my first love of all that Damon has done, which I've only come to realise in recent months, no idea why :lol: but yea, I definately do love Gorillaz music too, Demon Days has to be one of my favourite albums ever, the whole feel and atmosphere of that album is just wonderful to me.

I think I found Blur through Wikipedia. o_________o

And regarding the Graham and Jamie thing - I believe they were both in a relationship with the same woman (at different times, I think), and this caused a lot of friction between them. Of course with Damon and Graham's relationship being a bit rocky, this didn't help much.

Oooh! :wacko:

I like this place crowded. It's great that more and more people are posting here; it makes the conversations much more interesting!

Not on weekdays, my mum would kill me. :\ I have school and though I just roam the Internet (not exactly with my mum's consent), if she hears Damon's sexy voice, she's gonna come into the room and ask why aren't I studying. And I do have my final exams end of next month so I should be studying.
I'm okay with basically anything. I don't do much until September so that means I always have time for watching it. Except for wacky hours such as 1 am - 10 am gmt when I sleep :laugh4:

Oh. It must've been very awkward for all of them. Hopefully they've moved past it and get along well now.

And don't worry about long posts. Long posts are cool.

I hope you guys' don't find this offending, because I find it funny, really.

Has anyone read Uncylocpedia?

I love their article about Blur and related stuff. :laugh3:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Blur

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Damon_Albarn

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Graham_Coxon

:laugh3::laugh3:

180px-Blur_reuno.jpg

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

:|

I'm okay with basically anything. I don't do much until September so that means I always have time for watching it. Except for wacky hours such as 1 am - 10 am gmt when I sleep :laugh4:

Ahaha! Yeah, I would be in school when it's 1am GMT. I'm GMT+8. Friggin big difference lulz.

Ahaha this has to be the most active thread on all of Coldplaying now :mellow: I also love that more people are here. The more the merrier!

Since everyone has said there name in here, I apologize, the few times I've posted I don't think I said mine. I'm Audrey btw. :)

Hey Audrey!

And yeah, :\ I hope they have let all that rubbish go and can get along now.

Hey Audrey! You have a lovely name. :smiley:

What happened between Graham and Jamie? Being a total noob, I've no idea :embarrassed:

From what I've heard it's quite the dramarama! :P

I believe Jamie actually started out being friends with Graham first back in 1991 even. They were pretty close, Jamie use to even give Graham cute little shout outs in his Tank Girl comics. He did some interview with Blur too... something about Artists interviewing Musicians or something and Damon use to be sort of rude to him back then and didn't like him. It eventually kind of changed and Jamie and Damon got closer. Then as already mentioned, I don't know if Graham was still dating his girlfriend, Janie or not. But Jamie ended up dating her either while Graham and her were still going out OR right after they broke up... She was also one of Justine's best friends, so as you can imagine it was probably awkward for Damon to see her end a relationship with his best friend and then get in another one with another one of his friends. Poor Graham too! Then I think Jamie and her got married too and had kids, but they are divorced now.

Then I'm sure the whole Damon moving in with Jamie in the late 90s didn't help things much either, it probably seemed by that time that Damon was giving more attention to Gorillaz rather than Blur.

So I don't know if they are ok now? I know someone asked Graham if he left Blur because Jamie and he said no.

I hope they are ok because they both seem like Damon's best friends in his life.

:nice:

:laugh3::laugh3:

180px-Blur_reuno.jpg

AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

:|

Ahaha! Yeah, I would be in school when it's 1am GMT. I'm GMT+8. Friggin big difference lulz.

:lol:

That Damon page is hilarious...

Damon Albarn (baptised Damien All-Bran, but he prefers Damon Albarn and will try to fight you if you call him by or allude-to his baptismal name)

Albarn is currently on holidays in Ghana on a voodoo healing course, as he happily hopes this will help him restore and find his former voice. He's also talked candidly of his heroin habit and multiple orgy scam which destroyed a nation of randy teenaged girls' hearts

hahaha wut.

Oh and Nina what Blur slash were you reading?

and Blur slash in another fandom. After that I decided to listen to them more and voila. :)

there are some pretty damn good stories on live journal. I just read in an NME article too that Graham admitted to reading some of that stuff! :stunned: Stories about him and Damon. OMG, I'm honestly not too surprised, they are such luvers :lol:

I agree, Blur is my first love of all that Damon has done, which I've only come to realise in recent months, no idea why :lol: but yea, I definately do love Gorillaz music too, Demon Days has to be one of my favourite albums ever, the whole feel and atmosphere of that album is just wonderful to me.

i LIKE gorillaz, but ive only heard 3 songs lol. clint eastwood is one of my favorite songs ever. i have the first 2 albums so when i have a chance i will listen 2 the whole thing. blur will always be my favorite. <3 gorillaz werent even around yet when i started listening 2 blur! (im old i guess lol) i remember watching mtv and seeing the girls & boys video and fell in love lol. oh and i also saw the video for melancholy hill last night and loved the song. :) im waiting for my paycheck so i can order the good the bad and the queen. ;)

omg u guise...how do u multi-quote?? :thinking: i just tried it a million times and just made a mess. :\

anyway, im from wisconsin! it is so boring here! :veryangry2: and when/if i go 2 ireland i wanna go 2 cork! i heard cillian murphy is from there and i <3 him 2.

im not sure how we are going 2 work out a NTLDR party with the time zone thing. i didnt even think about that...but i tried watching starshaped online and part one is the only part up there. i found NDLTR and Bananaz tho!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2SZAQ4Rmc4]YouTube- No Distance Left to Run Part 1 (FULL MOVIE !!)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L0FCu2E8sQ]YouTube- Gorillaz - Bananaz (Part 1)[/ame]

:cool:

and liz. i will totally try and make a tumblr this weekend then add u. i hope i can figure it out... :embarrassed:

sorry for all the randomness. here is a damon pic spam 2 make up for it. :P

5slrs.jpg

vi1ag9.jpg

omg. i used 2 LOVE robbie williams lmao.

2sacdgz.jpg

8z1b29.jpg

5yylgx.jpg

All I had to do is look at two pages of this thread and.. <3

lulz. The Blur page.