✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

U2 CANCEL APPEARANCE AT GLASTO - REPLACED BY GORILLAZ

Oh Alex is a hawt brunette doctor.

what can u say to this :D

U2 used Muse as their supporting act. Is coldplay big enough to do that? After 30 years of career U2 keeps filling massive stadiums and satisfying everyone who goes to their shows. I assure you that just taking into account the Vertigo Tour, more people in Mexico have attended to U2's shows than coldplay's. And Bono is just 50, Look at the Stones and Paul McCartney or David Gilmour. Creativity is what matters, not age. In addition, Bono is one of the most important man on the music business, and one of the best and most charismatic frontmans. This is a fact despite you loathe their music or not.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 8 million that bought viva and the 10 million that bought xandy tells me that Coldplay are bigger than u2,

coldplay had almost 3 million people in 172 gigs around the world ,not a big difference ;)

the almost 3 million followers in twitter and the 4 million in facebook tells me that coldplay are way bigger than u2 in that aspect too

Okay, want to play the numbers game?

Lets see 3 million people at 44 shows vs. 3 million at 172. I think the math is pretty obvious, more people on average for a U2 show.

Twitter and Facebook. Think about the age demographics of the followers of both bands. A lot of U2 fans are older than the social networking age demographic of Coldplay fans.

oooh sorry i thought that the obvious thing is that if you stop liking coldplay , you stopped going to their sites :lol: sorry :uhoh:

I really do not understand why people find it so difficult to realise that this is a coldplay forum and if you join , at least i think you have to like them lol. dont know ,it's my opinion , its pretty obvious though

I've stayed because of friends I've made here, plus this whole forum isn't all about Coldplay. Look at the Lounge, the World of Music section, etc.

The Killers were not influenced by Coldplay.

The 3,071,290 that attended U2 360 shows over 44 shows tells me that U2 are still "bigger" than Coldplay.

lol , the 9 million people that bought viva la vida tells me that its more than the 3 that bought u2 latest cd .

and the 7 million copies that viva la vida single moved , tells me that is more than de 1 million copies worldwide that get on your boots got . or the 3 million sales of violet hill tell me they sold more than magnificent which sold 0.6

but i dont know if over there they teach you maths right , you will see :D

^ and the album sales of the last record of u2 for exaple :lol:

Coldplay lately rules over green day and u2 both ...

album sales is the clear exaple..

im not talking about 50 years ago when bono started his carrear,im talking about now XD

oooh sorry i thought that the obvious thing is that if you stop liking coldplay , you stopped going to their sites :lol: sorry :uhoh:

I really do not understand why people find it so difficult to realise that this is a coldplay forum and if you join , at least i think you have to like them lol. dont know ,it's my opinion , its pretty obvious though

people's taste in music change all the time. plus people form friendships or like to post about other things on the forums so that's why they'd keep coming

the 8 million that bought viva and the 10 million that bought xandy tells me that Coldplay are bigger than u2,

coldplay had almost 3 million people in 172 gigs around the world ,not a big difference ;)

the almost 3 million followers in twitter and the 4 million in facebook tells me that coldplay are way bigger than u2 in that aspect too

stop saying bigger... perhaps more succesful with a particular album. And anyway it's all subjective... who really cares who is the "biggest band"? what the hell does it even mean anyway... i mean they don't get like a trophy

U2 used Muse as their supporting act. Is coldplay big enough to do that? After 30 years of career U2 keeps filling massive stadiums and satisfying everyone who goes to their shows. I assure you that just taking into account the Vertigo Tour, more people in Mexico have attended to U2's shows than coldplay's. And Bono is just 50, Look at the Stones and Paul McCartney or David Gilmour. Creativity is what matters, not age. In addition, Bono is one of the most important man on the music business, and one of the best and most charismatic frontmans. This is a fact despite you loathe their music or not.

very charismatic in fact

bono_sttropez_girls.jpg

:lol:

stop saying bigger... perhaps more succesful with a particular album. And anyway it's all subjective... who really cares who is the "biggest band"? what the hell does it even mean anyway... i mean they don't get like a trophy

this all started with something related to this :lol:

so thats why the discussion

Coldplay are not as legendary and influtential as U2. Bono is much more powerful and much more known than Chris Martin. IN addition, after 15+ albums taking into account live and best of releases they keep selling millions of copies. I prefer coldplay than U2, but saying that coldplay is bigger?

It's ok Richard! I still love you :lips:

*sighs of relief*

Fearless by Taylor Swift has sold 8 million copies worldwide. THerefore she is bigger than Coldplay AND U2.

we are discussing biggest bands hahaha

and taylor tours,etc are not as big as u2 o cp..

but,taylor is in fact bigger than u2 yes :p

Coldplay are not as legendary and influtential as U2. Bono is much more powerful and much more known than Chris Martin. IN addition, after 15+ albums taking into account live and best of releases they keep selling millions of copies. I prefer coldplay than U2, but saying that coldplay is bigger?

*sighs of relief*

we are talking about today,not about influence,legends,etc :lol:

LOL , dont get me started , creativity ? well , first of all , u2 had great albums and was very creative etc etc , but you can say that thing now lol , their last creative album was pop , after their commercially unsuccessful foray into electronica with Zooropa and Pop, they released all that You cant leave behind, one of their "popest" may i say ? albums , they played it sooo safe , as they did with how to dismantle an atomic bob , so shut up lol .

The fact why is u2 still selling arenas is becouse of their older music , newone is forgetable and not comparable to their previous works , madonna is still filling arenas , but her music now a days cant be compared to back in the day , so does u2

*sighs of relief*

lol , yes bono is so influential , i wonder how this will influence on the world and their fans :uhoh:

i love the blond one , do u think bono would borrow to me for a few days :whip: :lol:

blog271008_bono2.jpg

bono-teen-girls.jpg

what i'd like to know is what is the point?

so an artist sells more albums than another... who cares? what does that say?

it certaintly doesn't say anything about how well they can play an instrument or compose a piece because if it was based off of that then thousands, possibly millions of unheard musicians would be talked about.