✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Join Jay-Z For New Year's Gig 2010 (CONFIRMED!)

Thanks for sharing - so glad that you had a great time despite being cold. But after all: It is COLDplay. :dance:

So I got to the strip around 10pm and I was walking around for a while and waiting for the concert to start until like 11pm. I started to get disappointed that maybe they weren't going to show it afterall so I got sad and we started walking away from the Cosmopolitan. But then I hear a familiar voice asking if everyone was ready. :D So I turn around and see Chris on the bigscreen and hear the beginning of Politik playing now. :dance: So I hurried back to a better area with good sound and good view, and I was all happy again. :D The boys were full of energy and they looked very happy to be there. They were all dressed in what seemed like the Christmas Lights video attire. :wink3: Chris said they even shaved because they wanted to look good in front of the bessed dressed crowd they've ever played for. :P And for those who heard that Chris was drunk. HE WAS NOT. He was just his usual energetic self. So the concert was fantastic, they really performed well and I wish I could have been inside to sing along with them. I was singing along outside anyways but I felt like I was the only one that knew every song. :P Although there was a lady standing behind me who knew a few. :) The crowd outside seemed to be into it a bit as well though cause they'd cheer at the end of the song. I really had a fun time, I just missed the singalongs that came with Yellow, Fix You, and Viva La Vida, and the other songs where the crowd ALL chimes in. Chris sang everything this time. :P At midnight Jay-Z came out with Coldplay and they had a clock to do a countdown, I think they were a bit early but it was great timing cause right after it was officially 2011, Coldplay performed their final song, Viva La Vida, and it went well with the celebrations going all around me. It was also my first song of the New Year. :dance: There were like 10minutes of fireworks and they started when Viva La Vida was playing. It was great! I had a fantastic time bringing in the new year with Coldplay!! :wacko:

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOOW !! thanks for all these updates !! :))

And Jimmy, you met Will, didn't you ? aaahh so lucky :D

Yw. Yep I met Will yesterday before the show. It was actually pretty funny. I was with a couple of friends debating on what to eat. In the middle of the conversation, my friend says he could see my face and attention all change and I saw Will coming up with some friends in the distance. I immediately b-lined over to him and asked him for a pic. He was super nice and said absolutely. We talked for a few moments about how much I enjoyed seeing them a couple of weeks ago and that they were the only reason I was in Vegas. Just when we started to pose for the camera, my friend noticed he had been taking a video so Will laughed and said to take our time to get the shot, so we did it again and I told him I'd see him later tonight and they walked away. Everyone else on the entire second floor of the hotel was looking at me like I was crazy because they could see my excitement. After he walked away, no one bothered him. I couldn't believe other people didn't care haha. That was my run in.

My friend Tucker met Chris while lost around the hotel. Apparently Chris jokingly said he was betting on horses and my friend didn't get that he was joking and started giving him tips. My friend's aunt was also in the elevator with GP and Apple. No one really bothered any of them.