✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Walking Dead

a-chan

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Is "Fear the Walking Dead" a prequel to "The Walking Dead"?

"I live to see the world"

Sort of, but not really. I've yet to watch it still (ugh), but it's essentially The Walking Dead in a different setting. I can't see the two shows ever mixing.

Guest diogo_sg
Sort of, but not really. I've yet to watch it still (ugh), but it's essentially The Walking Dead in a different setting. I can't see the two shows ever mixing.

Why can't people simply leave things alone? I bet this is just the first of many spin-offs, remakes, reboots, etc.

Guest diogo_sg
I'm watching it, it's ok. Has it's good moments and silly ass crap that you laugh at. Basically ppl are getting a flu and turning.

Hahaha!! I love that last line [emoji23]

The original is better, right?

Why can't people simply leave things alone? I bet this is just the first of many spin-offs, remakes, reboots, etc.

Technically the comic came first. TWD came AFTER it. FTWD is actually the latest in the long line of mobile games and shows and whatnot, so the spinoffs and related media has begun a long time ago.

To answer your question, 'why can't ppl simply leave things alone?'. Because money. They have a product that everyone is clamouring to get so why wouldn't they wanna sell is to everyone for whatever price they want?

we kept laughing at the druggie's shirt flailing in the wind and his pants falling off as he was running from the drug den/chruch down the street.

lol yeah, that shirt was so weird. What was it, like a half shirt? Seemed like it only covered the top half and left the tummy exposed.

They know what they're doing. For example, look at Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad was incredible, and the initial response to the spin-off prequel of it was almost all negative, and now the show has proven to be just as amazing as its predecessor. If FTWD fails, so be it. Their main focus is still The Walking Dead and I'm happy to see that.

Guest diogo_sg
Technically the comic came first. TWD came AFTER it. FTWD is actually the latest in the long line of mobile games and shows and whatnot, so the spinoffs and related media has begun a long time ago.

To answer your question, 'why can't ppl simply leave things alone?'. Because money. They have a product that everyone is clamouring to get so why wouldn't they wanna sell is to everyone for whatever price they want?

They know what they're doing. For example, look at Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad was incredible, and the initial response to the spin-off prequel of it was almost all negative, and now the show has proven to be just as amazing as its predecessor. If FTWD fails, so be it. Their main focus is still The Walking Dead and I'm happy to see that.

It's just that, with so many spin-offs and such, it's no wonder things slip out of their hands sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...

Today's episode is more reminiscent of the formula TWD has in that it starts out answering the questions from last epi. Then around 40 mins of some 'meh' to 'decent' stuff and ending with a nice flurry of activity. Lastly, its capped off with another scene which we leaves us begging for next week and forgetful of how mediocre the middle 40 was. But hey, this was really just something to keep us occupied until the big show

I thought last nite's episode was pretty good, ahem so anyway Funny or Die has a running piece every Monday, here is this weeks hehehehe

[h=5]Funny Or Die[/h]3 hrs ·

If there's one thing we can all agree on it's that the military seems chill and we should definitely all trust them.

safe_image.php?d=AQCn5VkSu7c-YVu3&w=470&h=246&url=http%3A%2F%2Fp.fod4.com%2Fp%2Fmedia%2F204aca6925%2FnoTmWilmQgeog7ZmZOmV_Screen%2520Shot%25202015-09-21%2520at%252011.55.52%2520AM.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1

The 8 Most Ridiculous Things From Last Night's 'Fear The Walking Dead'

funnyordie.com

Everything is totally fine again, you guys! Nick (I have reluctantly learned some of the characters’ names) is taking a relaxing heroin dip in a pool surrounded by kale. That annoying kid is on the roof making more of the worst YouTube videos of all time even though YouTube doesn’t exist anymore. Hero Dad (I haven’t learned all the characters’ names) is going for his morning jog around the MILITARY PRISON THEY ALL SEEM COOL WITH? I get it. The world is a scary place out there. You’ve got zombies and looters and gas prices through the roof, oh brother! But everyone is way too comfortable with this whole thing after just nine days. Really goes to show how much good will you can generate if you offer to charge someone’s phone for two hours.

[h=2]2) Classic Goof

[/h]

29nbsTAvTbafPPYJhDep_Screen%20Shot%202015-09-21%20at%209.14.38%20AM.png

What a jokester! “Be nice so I don’t have to shoot you!” is such a FUN and GOOFY thing to yell to a crowd! Especially when you have a shitload of guns. What subtle foreshadowing. Like a subtle metric ton of bricks being dropped on your subtle face from five subtle feet above your subtle head.

[h=2]3) More Fiend

[/h]

sH32y8aTSJuAsjDMaRHn_Screen%20Shot%202015-09-21%20at%209.05.50%20AM.png

Wait, you mean the drug addict who just wants to float in a pool all day is still using drugs? Stop the presses! There was no way at all to see this coming except by using your eyes. Also, congrats on somehow finding a more unsettling place to get high than that murder church he used to call home. As relaxing as morphine sounds, I don’t think it would take the edge off of napping underneath a dying man. Maybe just take the pills your mom is offering? They seem chill! Take a chill pill. Holy shit, I just realized chill pills are a real thing.

[h=2]4) Fake It Until You Make It

[/h]

sL8GMTWOSfe01YwCEkTw_Screen%20Shot%202015-09-21%20at%209.06.18%20AM.png

Great work, fake nurse! You, uh, went around the neighborhood giving everyone morphine and wrapping them in bandages. Top notch stuff, very believable doctoring. And then a real doctor shows up and tells you to keep pretending to be a nurse? Everyone is just doing their best these days! It’s too bad it’s dangerously inadequate and will almost certainly cost everyone their lives.

[h=2]5) Take That Gun!!!

[/h]

WjZwnV8jQlilVRWVejLr_Screen%20Shot%202015-09-21%20at%209.15.52%20AM.png

Hey, New Carol! I don’t know if you realize it, but this guy doesn’t need his gun anymore. That’s a free gun. TAKE THE GUN! How did she not take this gun? I guess she’s only into bashing skulls in, and that gun would make for a poor bashing tool, so she figured it’s basically garbage. ROOKIE MOVE, NEW CAROL. We all judged you for it.

[h=2]6) Great Idea

[/h]

jmu1iJDqT6GBwVzvWVD4_PerfumedFoolhardyHylaeosaurus.gif

Angsty teenagers are some of the dumbest people alive. Cheer up! I know this breakup feels tough but it’s not the end of the world until it’s actually the end of the world! Wait. Shit. OK, I guess stay bummed because the world is in fact ending. It still doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to go full prison tattoo on some shit your ex-boyfriend (MOVE ON, ALREADY!) drew on you. And it could SO EASILY get infected or be mistaken for a bite. How did she get into such a good college? It’s a miracle she can feed herself and tie her shoes.

[h=2]7) What Did The Five Fingers Say To The Heroin Addict?

[/h]

tcTeiSdnS7GHRyS3Lazk_slap_2.gif

SLAP! Slappity slap slap SLAAAAPPPP! Looks like someone is still harboring some hostility from last week’s Monopoly sesh. I enjoyed watching Nick get slapped. It was cool! Parents shouldn’t hit kids, but if you’re an adult fucking around with heroin you deserve to get the shit slapped out of you. Especially by your mom. She should be first in line to the slap fiesta. It’s a good thing he’s all doped up on morphine or this parental ass whooping might’ve actually hurt.

[h=2]8) Worst Sales Pitch Ever

[/h]

M7RyQ9IRTjqNJfUcMlOM_Screen%20Shot%202015-09-21%20at%209.09.10%20AM.png

Free healthcare, bro! Just follow all these shadow figures with assault rifles. Seems legit! Oh, you’re not into it? We’ll you’re going to need some healthcare after this RIFLE SMACK! Nick’s head CANNOT CATCH A BREAK these days. Just whoppings. Tune in next week! The gang is going to shine flashlights on the roof some more and use a refrigerator for three hours of the day while the military systematically makes their loved ones disappear. Everyone is just doing their best!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LiquidSky

I'm not sure about how I feel about the fear of the walking dead yet... It is kinda interesting on how the season ended BUT it reminds of Rec 4 which it takes place in a boat. (It was scary btw. If you haven't seen it, it was good!)

I'm not sure about how I feel about the fear of the walking dead yet... It is kinda interesting on how the season ended BUT it reminds of Rec 4 which it takes place in a boat. (It was scary btw. If you haven't seen it, it was good!)

tHERE'S A NEW REC PART? OMFG I DIDNT KNOW THAT *runs off to Google*

FTWD was okay... I liked the slowburn approach and some of the really cool character moments, but yeah, it doens't feel special.

Plus the poor writers are having a hard time keeping a narrative that actually makes sense... I mean Travis literally flip-flopped his position on everything throughout every episode and that was super obnoxious. Character Logic: All of these innocent families are going to die in the morning, but since they didn't help us when the military came, let's not warn them.

or

I have been bit. Kill me. "no!" please, i know you don't like me anyways "okay" :stunned:

The ending for me was meh. They were trying so hard to make it epic and beautiful, especially with that amazing Antlers song Kettering, but it felt so cheesy haha. I went from like OH SHIT THAT IS SO SAD to laughing in about two seconds when that actor was trying to cry on the beach with his wife putting her hands all over him.

Guest LiquidSky
tHERE'S A NEW REC PART? OMFG I DIDNT KNOW THAT *runs off to Google*

Yes. It came out last year.

and lol at the character logic! I thought the same thing! I was like how are you just gonna open the gates and not even let any of the neighbors know?

Anyway, TWD is coming up this Sunday!!!!!!

Okay so

who else didn't have any emotional connection to any of the characters? The only character that was remotely interesting to me was Mr. Strand.

I couldn't care less if the other families had died or something, I thought they were getting more annoying with each new episode. Especially the mothers, I was glad at least one of them died at the end, I couldn't stand them!

I was glad at least one of them died at the end

dat spoiler tho.

But yeah, its hard to compare TWD with FTWD with the former getting a 5 season head start. I think 'fear' will grow on ppl over time. And hey, if not, it was really only meant to be placeholder until TWD starts, so I'm not too bothered either way about its quality