The Walking Dead

a-chan

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^hahaha it is pretty popular! I think that they have broken several records with viewer ships a few times. It is addicting, what can I say. The story sometimes is kinda silly and the acting is often spotty, but zombies, evil people, action, and cliffhangers! What else do you need??

And I should also mention that the show does occasionally have a really emotional or though provoking episode. :)

If you have read the comics, you might know what is coming, a good twist! Poor Bob! The whole episode you knew something bad was going to happen to him because he got so many lines and happy moments haha

I really like how they're switching big events with different characters. This especially just feels very smooth. My all-time favorite favorite change, next to the Hunters arc, is replacing Hershel's leg with Dale's leg back in Season 3.

I totally agree! They have done a really good job with taking iconic comic book moments and incorporating them into the show in somewhat unexpected ways! I still find myself surprised even though I know the basic story line. I am interested in seeing how this whole Hunters story line pans out. Seems to me like they need to take a risk and kill some major character off. It has been a while since the core group has been lessened, but honestly I like most of those characters and will be sad to see any go.

I have not read the comics but I have come to realization prob everyone will die, its just a matter of time. I really like how Bob's death was probably the most "civilized" if I can say that. He had a horrible build up to his death (seeing someone eat his calf) He had closure, unlike most the of the deaths on the show.

The newest episode is amazing! I'm gonna miss Bob though, as a character I think he actually found some solace in the apocalypse, dropping his alcoholism and finding something to live for.

I reckon the series is either going to end with everyone dying or the cure. One of those definitely.

TAINTED MEAT!

But really, that was great. Lawrence did a fantastic job delivering the classic tainted meat line, and I'm just ecstatic it played out exactly like the comics. I'm surprisingly really upset to see Bob gone considering I only began caring about him after the fall of the prison. Like Christa said, Bob's death was one of the most civilized on the show thus far.

And that execution of Gareth and crew was just fucking brutal. Rick telling him he made a promise already was fucking badass -- but they deserved what was handed to them. They were fucked up, awful people. But despite all that, I'm going to miss Gareth because he was just a good damn character (and Andrew J. West is a damn good actor, too).

^Totally agree, I wasn't excpecting them to get wiped out so quickly, geez!

I have liked this season quite a bit so far. The writing and acting is pretty solid. My biggest issue though is how illogical the story arc is. It is firstly a little ridiculous that everyone escaped Terminus unscathed. Secondly, I am really scratching my head with the ending of this weeks episode. Rick's crew has proven to be invincible bad***es that can get through anything, human or zombie, and yet Abraham is so impatient that he can't wait a few days to head to D.C. with the whole group? That is just illogical. Nobody in their proper head would think that makes sense with all the dangers out there.

The other big thing is Maggie just totally peacing out with Glenn when her sister is still out there. The writers seem to have completely forgotten the fact that Maggie still has a sister that hasn't been seen since the whole prison incident who she knows is still alive. That is a pretty big plot whole considering it pertains to two major characters....