✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[20-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Newcastle (JOURNAL TYNE THEATRE, WESTGATE RD)

These 2 gigs and these days were absolutely gorgeous for me. I'm at home in Italy Now. Everything was fucking great, from the soundcheck to' the Will's hug! :) crazy guys. Crazy. Fantastic experience. Maybe better than last year in exeter. I've to think About it :D.

DEFINITELY MASSIVE

I'll add details asap ;)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that lets get ready to rumble video...is that Phil in front of you with the camera?

Nope, he was in the balcony for the entire show. Just some photographer.

No spoiler did open.....but the review is great!!! ;) Thanks

I had so much fun watching the proposal video......:laugh3: This girl's been very lucky :shocked2:

I'm aware that the spoilers haven't been opening, apologies, they were last night.

the ones that wouldn't open were linked directly from the photos I uploaded on twitter

so they're no different and you can see them there, when I get a chance I'll re-link them. :)

Oh and I don’t think with was Gwyneth in the box during CWNN, we could get a good look from our position and while it was a woman with blonde hair….I don’t think it was that woman (although to start with I thought it was!).

It was her. she came downstairs between CWNN and Coldplay and she was asking the steward next to me a question, I left that out of the review because I'd forgot. but yeah - it was her.

I HAVE UPDATED THE REVIEW I DID.

Made small adjustments to the photo's that weren't working for some people.

I don't know why they weren't, they were linked correctly, something to do with Twitpic's servers I think, but I've also added a direct link to them underneath the photo in case they should become faulty again! :)

I don't know why they weren't, they were linked correctly, something to do with Twitpic's servers I think, but I've also added a direct link to them underneath the photo in case they should become faulty again! :)

that was a killer review..thanks!

YouTube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Newcastle - Crisis - 20/12/2010 - HD[/url]

sounds really amazing!

"who the f*** is ever wanna be king??"

AHAHA that was hilarious :lol:

yay thanks!

So thankful to the all coldplayers, who uploaded videos from the 2 gigs! :D THANK YOU for sharing! :kiss:

So fun to watch, clearly the guys enjoyed themselves both nights - small gigs are great for them, I think - it seems, they can interact more with the audience, don´t you agree?!

And do you guys also notice, that Chris in lack of "running-space" on stage instead developed new moves??! A little Elvis shaking legs??! So funny! God, he is a bundle of energy ready to explode :kiss:!

I´m enjoying the posts and videos so much.....more more more... :P

I was recording it and then I decided to stop! They didn't play it the before so I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could :)

In the meanwhile you can see my video of Politik! I hope you'll enjoy it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IysfFfdCD_M]YouTube - Coldplay - Politik @ Journal Tyne Theatre, Newcastle, 20th December 2010[/ame]

Got in just an hour or so ago from Newcastle - thanks to all the Intercity towards King's Cross being cancelled today we really didn't think we'd make it back, but we got lucky on a National Express coach (surprisingly few people were on it considering many hundreds of people weren't able to use the train).

ANYWAY, what an amazing gig, perhaps the very best ever for me (stretching back to 2003 in Japan). Absolutely awesome, although my best buddy from here couldn't make it, which took the icing off the cake, so to speak :cry:

Lovers in Japan...wow :dance: I know every song before it starts from the 'warm up' chords or tuning they do, and when I heard that LiJ was coming, after not being played the previous night, just...:shocked2:

Completely exhausted tonight but full review to follow.

Before I forget, very little eye contact from any of the band for me (not that I mind) - although the ladies near the front tell a completely different story :P I got my now traditional stare from Chris (the stare - one where it feels like he's daring you to blink first). Maybe he just doesn't like my dancing - I'm sure he's not the only one :laugh3: It all started at Brixton where we were the biggest dancers and singers even though the album had only been out for a few days...officially, that is, because thanks to the leak from Cyril we knew every single word to every song, unlike almost everyone there (including Chris at times :laugh3:). And now that's the only recognition I ever get from Chris if he spots me :P For the first time ever though I just held his gaze with the craziest big grin on my face until he looked away - Mr Martin, I have you sussed now!! :lol:

An absolutely magical night. Far too much to take in. Absolutely overwhelming.

Shared a nice moment with Dec (is it him? The one who always stands on the audience's right) who was loving it with Ant on the balcony. I've never liked them that much on telly - they're very professional, but their double act has always come across as a bit plastic to me. How wrong I was! Very funny in the flesh, and the perfect MCs, Ant (? The bushy-eyebrowed one) did a great VLV too :)

Um, yes...those are just my 'short' thoughts on the night :P

(I dearly hope I'm not in too many videos. Unfortunately it's inevitable I'll be in some as I was the loon in absolute ecstasy at the front in the aisle, dancing just six feet from the band as if no-one was watching (as if!!) just as I've always dreamed. I also kept turning round to take in the theatre and look for friends.)

Wow, I took you so long to be back home, that's crazy!!!

Get some sleep, that's an order! :kiss:

Lovely short review, can´t wait for the long version :D

Thanks Natascha!

It seems a lot of the reviews have covered most of what was what (and I've only read a few!) but I'll see if I have a little something I can add :)

<edit> I was going to take my Japanese fan that beans (Rie) gave me at Manchester, and a sack full of confetti if LiJ was going to be played, but I didn't think it would be so I didn't...oh well, at least we heard it :dance:

Ok, so so far no vids of me - wonderful!!

These 2 gigs and these days were absolutely gorgeous for me. I'm at home in Italy Now. Everything was fucking great, from the soundcheck to' the Will's hug! :) crazy guys. Crazy. Fantastic experience. Maybe better than last year in exeter. I've to think About it :D.

DEFINITELY MASSIVE

I'll add details asap ;)

So glad you made it ok and safe and sound to both the gigs and had an amazing time, it would have been great to meet you, maybe next time! :)

YouTube - Coldplay - Viva La Vida - Newcastle - Crisis - 20/12/2010 - HD[/url]

sounds really amazing!

"who the f*** is ever wanna be king??"

If I've quoted the right video that moment between Chris and Guy was one of the most touching parts of the gig for me :)

I was recording it and then I decided to stop! They didn't play it the before so I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could :)

In the meanwhile you can see my video of Politik! I hope you'll enjoy it

I asked on Youtube where you were sitting, but having seen your pic I know - you were in the seats in front of us I think! You looked like such a big fan I wanted to say 'hi' and wish I had now. You were both sat near (or next to) our friend (also!) Laura. I was the guy in the aisle seat - apologies for the bad singing, but I just can't help myself, even when I get a lot of the lyrics mixed up :laugh3: :sunny:

<edit> Youtube won't let me post my revised version as I've deleted two comments so far. Here's what I wrote, I'll try to copy it back in tomorrow:

'Unbelievable, thanks so much :)

Where were you sitting? We were second row, right section, I was in the aisle seat (very handy!) <edit> Just wrote on the forum after seeing your pic that you guys were, I think, right in front of us, and near to or next to our friend :)

I'm Tonsu on the forum by the way, shame we didn't meet!

Five stars twice over from me!'

Pete, thank you for your review! Hope there's gonna be a longer version!

Wow, it took you that long to get back? Get some rest today! ;)

For the first time ever though I just held his gaze with the craziest big grin on my face until he looked away - Mr Martin, I have you sussed now!![/color] :lol:

:lol: Funny way to describe it!

Ands it's true, he does look like he 's just trying to hypnotize you sometimes! :P