✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[20-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Newcastle (JOURNAL TYNE THEATRE, WESTGATE RD)

Hi, long time viewer but first time poster

I know its impossible to know but do any of you guys have any idea or around abouts what you would expect to have to pay for a ticket via the genral auction? being that the current highest bid per ticket is 1000, also if selecting 2 tickets does the price box mean what you would be willing to bid per ticket therefore it would be double the final payment.

Thanks guys in advance

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, long time viewer but first time poster

I know its impossible to know but do any of you guys have any idea or around abouts what you would expect to have to pay for a ticket via the genral auction? being that the current highest bid per ticket is 1000, also if selecting 2 tickets does the price box mean what you would be willing to bid per ticket therefore it would be double the final payment.

Thanks guys in advance

Hi creamyhead,

Greetings & salutations! Longtime viewer and rather rare poster myself. :laugh: Here's the skinny on the auction:

19-Nov at 2 pm: Auction closes

Seetickets will then spend the next week notifying winners either by email or mobile

26-Nov: Payment due on the credit card you plan to bring to show. Seetickets will call winners on mobile phones to collect payment. (For my sake & sanity, I sincerely hope they wait to call the US last-- I foresee lots of Americans having wine hangovers from the Thanksgiving holiday the night before!)

Bidding: I believe once you do the drop down and choose the number of tickets, you then decide the cost PER ticket you want to pay. Then I believe you multiply that number by the number of tickets you're requesting.

Ex: 2 tickets at the min £250 so your bid would read £500 for the VIP auction and so on...

Unfortunately, the system doesn't notify you of your standing, so it's a total crap shoot. Who knows if your bid for £999 will puts you in second or twentieth place? :shrug:

Best of luck & hope this info helps!

I don't figure out why some people that already have one ticket want more whereas others living in Newcastle didn't have the chance to get one. It's crazy. :inquisitive:

If any of you can't go, even knowing it the last day, just let me know about it and a member of my family living in Newcastle and loving the band could at last attend the concert. Thank's in advance!

I don't figure out why some people that already have one ticket want more whereas others living in Newcastle didn't have the chance to get one. It's crazy. :inquisitive:

If any of you can't go, even knowing it the last day, just let me know about it and a member of my family living in Newcastle and loving the band could at last attend the concert. Thank's in advance!

No offence but you were given every chance to get one, especially if you live in Newcastle.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle gig available

Hiya guys I have two spare tickets for the newcastle gig...not looking for a large amount of money for them as seen on eBay e.g. 500-800!! I will sell for a reasonable price and im going myself so should have no trouble getting in..

PM me if interested, thanks

Hiya guys I have two spare tickets for the newcastle gig...not looking for a large amount of money for them as seen on eBay e.g. 500-800!! I will sell for a reasonable price and im going myself so should have no trouble getting in..

PM me if interested, thanks

Hi! Cool that you have spares! Someone out there's going to be really happy!

Just one thing, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think you're allowed to sell the tickets for more than face value here on the forum - sorry!

correct :) face value only.

Yeah it's probably about 3 hours to 3 hours 20 mins on train.

Luckily the train runs direct on the East Coast Mainline so you shouldn't need to change.

Yeah but remember that the North East has been pretty badly affected by snow and if there is more well it might be tricky. When we were coming back one of the east coast trains was cancelled because of snow but I'll hope that there doesn't come much more snow :\