✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[20-Dec-2010] Crisis: Coldplay in Newcastle (JOURNAL TYNE THEATRE, WESTGATE RD)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you go together ? You can meet at the theater then you won't be on your own. It's a suggestion.:) You could also ask other people on here that have a ticket to have an apppointment over there. It will be nicer for you, guys. I've already done it for another band. I really had a great time. :)

Yeah, actually I wouldn't mind meeting up with other people, let's see who's up to do that :)

Im from sunderland but go to uni in newcastle so im local, but yeah meeting up sounds like a good idea if anyone wants to

Cool, yeah if anyone wants to join, it would be nice :)

Btw. does anyone have any idea where the concert can take place? Any suggestions?

Cool, yeah if anyone wants to join, it would be nice :)

Btw. does anyone have any idea where the concert can take place? Any suggestions?

we should sort something out then :)

erm someone suggested that it would be at the Tyne Theatre but im not really sure

Hey, I'm new here but I'm going there by myself too. I live in London and it would be nice if I can join any meeting!

Course,you can :)

we should sort something out then :)

erm someone suggested that it would be at the Tyne Theatre but im not really sure

Yes, we should sort that out. I think it would be nice to go all together.

I don't know about that either. I've never been to Newcastle so I don't know the area:\

Course,you can :)

Yes, we should sort that out. I think it would be nice to go all together.

I don't know about that either. I've never been to Newcastle so I don't know the area:\

well i know the area quite well so i will come in handy there! haha

:laugh3: Do you have any suggestions where to stay for the night? (hotel/hostel)

depends on your price range, there is a backpackers hostel but its pretty steep for a hostel, but there is a few places in the middle of town like the premier inn which isn't too bad, just have a quick search on the internet.

To meet, the best is to wear something unusual in order for the others to recognize you. When i met people to attend a concert (it was Muse), I wore an orange cotton scarf. People recognized me at once. The scarf was small. You can do it too with another garment. The atmosphere was great from the beginning to the end. After the concert I had to go home but the other people had a drink in a bar. I've seen them a few times ever since. We meet at concerts.:)

It's going to be the Tyne Theatre. Go check the listings - panto starts early December two shows a day til January but guess what no shows listed on 20th December.

For those looking to stay somewhere there's a Jurys Inn near the Arena / Centre for Life in Newcastle whch would be short walk to the Theatre. Holiday Inn express not far away either (forget it's address but next to a restaurant called Barn Asia) or to be honest look for anywhere in the North East close to a metro line as you can walk from Central Station to the theatre in about 5 minutes.

It's going to be the Tyne Theatre. Go check the listings - panto starts early December two shows a day til January but guess what no shows listed on 20th December.

For those looking to stay somewhere there's a Jurys Inn near the Arena / Centre for Life in Newcastle whch would be short walk to the Theatre. Holiday Inn express not far away either (forget it's address but next to a restaurant called Barn Asia) or to be honest look for anywhere in the North East close to a metro line as you can walk from Central Station to the theatre in about 5 minutes.

Agree with you that Tyne Theatre is almost a certainty. Especially as it has capacity of 1,100 and nowhere else in Newcastle springs to mind. Posted on another thread on Friday.

As for hotels the ones you listed are probably closest but if cost is an issue travelodge on quayside is good price. Have checked and £29 for a room on 20th and only a 10-15 minute walk to Tyne Theatre or couple of minutes in a taxi. Check here and other options in Gateshead and further away listed with some at £19.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?action=search&check_from=&locationCode=h214&location=Newcastle+Central+Travelodge&checkInDate=20%2F12%2F2010&checkOutDate=21%2F12%2F2010&no_of_rooms=1&adults_1=2&children_1=0&adults_2=1&children_2=0&adults_3=1&children_3=0&adults_4=1&children_4=0&search=Search

Is anyone selling tickets to this?

If you are, I want to buy two :wacky:

Please please please!

I'll pay more than the original price of course, but I can;t go much over, since I have to buy the tickets myself, and I need to take my mother and myself.

:(

I was so upset that it didn't work out the day of the ticket sales :(

If anyone knows anyone, please let me know :(

Yeah, actually I wouldn't mind meeting up with other people, let's see who's up to do that :)

A few of us are sweating it out, fingers double-crossed at the moment, waiting nervously for this auction to end :anxious: -- so the Newcastle crowd may have a few more CP'ers on hand that evening.

If I end up winning, I foresee expanding the bucket list or living cautiously from here on out!