✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!

lulz, my partner put their username in the "contributing artists" thing. whatever.

17 songs oh my god

1. This song is alright. Not amazing though. Starts off with guitar feedback!! nice music with a nice voice. Chorus is a little cliche :P

2. Acoustic guitar. cool drums! not a fan of the organ though... Don't really like the singing either. oooh trumpet! pretty boring song though :blank (sorry!)

3. The National! From the Dark Was The Night compilation? I think so. It's alright. Not my favourite National song. I love the lyric "praying for Pavement to get back together" :P

4. Not bad, not bad. The drums in the chorus made me mad...haha. I want to re-produce this album for this band. The violin is nice. I wish more songs had violin.

5. OH MY GOD THESE DRUMS MADE ME WANT TO KILL SOMEONE. But they got better. Cool. Fast singing. I liked it up until the chorus. Fuck I'm picky with choruses...

6. Ahhh Don't You Evah - Spoon! I LOVE this. Probably my favourite Spoon song!

7. ehhhh it's not terrible. Don't really like the singing. The drums didn't make me want to kill anyone though.

8. It sounds like Metric. I don't like Metric. It's too...perfect. The drums, synths,vocals etc are so in time with each other it's scary. I don't like her voice. ehhhh....

9. This is pretty good. I actually quite like this one!

10. R.E.M? Michael Stipe or whatever his name is? It's not THAT bad. But I don't like it.

11. This sounds familiar. Boring ballad! Didn't like it at all sorry :P

12. pretty boring...not as bad as the last one :P

13. Mumford & Sons. I don't really like them. neeext...

14. Florence & The Machine? not a huge fan. I quite like this song though.

15. This is just...bad. Sorry?

16. allrighhhht. Different to the others. It's quite nice.

17. Sounds old! Live folky music with a string section. Pretty nice. Not something I'd listen to often.

Sorry for being so negative! a lot of it just wasn't my cup of tea...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's my review, I recognized just two songs and I suck at writing reviews but anyway...

Track 1: It reminds me of City and Colour, don’t know why. A nice slow song, I have no idea who’s the artist though. I like the part that starts around 3:30

Track 2: that voice sounds very familiar, they sound american for some reason. I’m not really into this kind of songs but sounds good and it flows well considering the first song of the mixtape

Track 3: Rufus Wainwright? Not sure but I recognize his voice but I just know his across the universe cover and a few other songs so this one is new for me. Good one!

Track 4: A girl! I used to dislike girls voices a lot until I started to like Regina Spektor, Florence + The Machine and Regine (Arcade Fire). Anyway, it sounds like Kate Nash but the only song I remember was one about lemons that I disliked for some reason. If it's her, this song is way better.

Track 5: I don’t know this song but the guitar is so good, specially at the end.

Track 6: I don't know who sings that song but it sounds like a lot of other stuff. Not bad but probably I won't remember it if I don't listen to it again

Track 7: I don't like it that much but it goes well with the rest of the mixtape

Track 8: That’s a Sigur Ros' Untitled 1 remix. I really love that song and Sigur Ros is one of my favorite bands :D I like it

Track 9: Sweet and slow, I have no clue about the artist.

Track 10: It sounds so calm and his voice is very sweet, I like the song.

Track 11: Kanye’s power! One of my favorite songs of the new álbum, even if that’s not my kind of music that’s a very good song. Nice remix, favorite song of the mixtape, I had it on repeat for around an hour

Track 12: good but's a bit repetitive I think

Track 13: I have no idea who’s this but I like it, it’s catchy and I like the music, it’s happy

Track 14: I think this is my less favorite of the mixtape, I just don’t like it :s

Overall I liked it, there is some great songs and some other songs I didn't like that much but I never like songs at first listen so it's ok. Thanks a lot to the mixtape creator because I'll definitely listen to this again :)

Overall it could be a sountrack for a movie.

Hey, that was mine. YAY!!!! "soundtrack for a movie" was definitely my goal.

Track 1-Reminded me a space ride at a theme park I went to as a kid. They had that type of music on. I picture astronauts walking towards a space shuttle. Good opener.

1. Enigma - The Gate

Track 2-White Stripes? Love it.

2. The White Stripes - Blue Orchid

Track 3-M.I.A? Not a huge fan of the song.

3. Björk - Declare Independence. I thought you would recognise her voice :confused:

Track 4-If this was from a movie, something epic would be going down right now.

4. Enya - Tempus Vernum. Yay! People like Enya!!

Track 5-Muse! One of my favorites by them.

5. Muse - Black Out

Track 6-Beautiful song. Very relaxing

6. Raphael - In Paradiso

Track 7-Good song.

7. Crowded House - Into Temptation. Of course they're good :smug:

Track 8-Very unique and catchy. The dudes voice is different but I like it.

8. Shearwater - Black Eyes

Track 9-ehh not a big fan. Bit boring.

9. Scarlett Johansson - No One Knows I'm Gone. I was hoping people would give her some love :( Her album was grotesquely underrated.

Track 10-veryy chill. Singer sounds familiar but I can't figure out who she is.

10. Dido - Slide

Track 11-If this was a movie the main character would be making a huge life decision right now or something. Like the song a lot.

11. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Nothin'. It's a country song!! (and the album won 5 grammys)

Track 12-Good ending song. I swear she sounds so familiar too but cant figure out who it is?

12. Alanis Morissette - Still. Sure she sounds familiar.

EDIT-Loved it! Thanks for the mixtape!

My reviewing skills are horrible, sorry.

I reviewed yours on Exchange 5 and gave you lousy review. Consider this a payback :)

Here's link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qb605tscxb2zq1q

1. Enigma - The Gate

2. The White Stripes - Blue Orchid

3. Björk - Declare Independence

4. Enya - Tempus Vernum

5. Muse - Black Out

6. Raphael - In Paradiso

7. Crowded House - Into Temptation

8. Shearwater - Black Eyes

9. Scarlett Johansson - No One Knows I'm Gone

10. Dido - Slide

11. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Nothin'

12. Alanis Morissette - Still

FIRST IMPRESSIONS!!

lulz, my partner put their username in the "contributing artists" thing. whatever.

Oops... sorry. I obviously wasn't thinking too much when I did the track stuff late last night! Oh, well... it was more important that the artists were a mystery. ;)

17 songs oh my god

1. This song is alright. Not amazing though. Starts off with guitar feedback!! nice music with a nice voice. Chorus is a little cliche :P

This is How Do You Do It? by a local band called Quiet Company. I tend to agree with you on the "cliche sounding" chorus... it's definitely kinda predictable, but I like it's super-catchiness. If you like this song, you should check them out!

2. Acoustic guitar. cool drums! not a fan of the organ though... Don't really like the singing either. oooh trumpet! pretty boring song though :blank (sorry!)

Vaporize by Broken Bells. This wasn't my first choice of theirs... I was going to do The Ghost Inside, but thought you may have heard that one before. Sorry you didn't like it!

3. The National! From the Dark Was The Night compilation? I think so. It's alright. Not my favourite National song. I love the lyric "praying for Pavement to get back together" :P

Right :) I really like this one.

4. Not bad, not bad. The drums in the chorus made me mad...haha. I want to re-produce this album for this band. The violin is nice. I wish more songs had violin.

Shadowcasting by Ra Ra Riot. I love their use of violin and cello. The drums don't bother me so much! ;)

5. OH MY GOD THESE DRUMS MADE ME WANT TO KILL SOMEONE. But they got better. Cool. Fast singing. I liked it up until the chorus. Fuck I'm picky with choruses...

Something Good Can Work by Two Door Cinema Club, a Scottish band. Saw them at ACL this year and really loved their set.

6. Ahhh Don't You Evah - Spoon! I LOVE this. Probably my favourite Spoon song!

My favorite Spoon song, too! :)

7. ehhhh it's not terrible. Don't really like the singing. The drums didn't make me want to kill anyone though.

On My Way Back Home by Band of Horses. I reallllllly love this song.

8. It sounds like Metric. I don't like Metric. It's too...perfect. The drums, synths,vocals etc are so in time with each other it's scary. I don't like her voice. ehhhh....

It's not Metric, though I can definitely hear the similarities. It's How Much More by Stars, a different Canadian band.

9. This is pretty good. I actually quite like this one!

Love this one. Airplanes by Local Natives.

10. R.E.M? Michael Stipe or whatever his name is? It's not THAT bad. But I don't like it.

Yes, it's R.E.M. Sweetness Follows, one of my favorites by them.

11. This sounds familiar. Boring ballad! Didn't like it at all sorry :P

Held in the Arms of Your Words by Tired Pony. Knew this one would be risky!

12. pretty boring...not as bad as the last one :P

For the Summer by Ray LaMontagne and the Pariah Dogs

13. Mumford & Sons. I don't really like them. neeext...

:lol: Mumford's not for everyone, I guess. This one's Winter Winds

14. Florence & The Machine? not a huge fan. I quite like this song though.

Yep. Florence & the Machine- My Boy Builds Coffins one of my favorites from the album.

15. This is just...bad. Sorry?

:lol: Don't apologize! It's Consolation Prizes by Phoenix

16. allrighhhht. Different to the others. It's quite nice.

I'm kinda surprised you liked this one, given some of the others you didn't like... but I'm glad you did. It's Moth's Wings by Passion Pit

17. Sounds old! Live folky music with a string section. Pretty nice. Not something I'd listen to often.

:lol: It is quite old. Song for the Asking by Simon & Garfunkle. Love them.

Sorry for being so negative! a lot of it just wasn't my cup of tea...

Hey, Eddie...

sorry it didn't connect more with you. You and I both like Swell Season and Crowded House, so I didn't think these songs would be so off the mark. :shrug: I'm glad though, that most of it seemed new to you. Hope you found one or two new bands you'll look into more. It was fun making it. :nice:

Edit:

so the complete tracklisting:

1. How Do You Do It- Quiet Company

2. Vaporize- Broken Bells

3. So Far Around the Bend- The National

4. Shadowcasting- Ra Ra Riot

5. Something Good Can Work- Two Door Cinema Club

6. Don't You Evah- Spoon

7. On My Way Back Home- Band of Horses

8. How Much More- Stars

9. Airplanes- Local Natives

10. Sweetness Follows- R.E.M.

11. Held in the Arms of Your Words- Tired Pony

12. For the Summer- Ray LaMontagne

13. Winter Winds- Mumford & Sons

14. My Boy Builds Coffins- Florence + the Machine

15. Consolation Prizes- Phoenix

16. Moth's Wings- Passion Pit

17. Song for the Asking- Simon & Garfunkle

link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tand78li8zjycd2

1. I instantly fell in love with the intro. When the vocal arrived I thought it was Keane, but then I'm not so sure anymore. Strings coming in and it's good. With a smallest portion of electronica it's just perfect. It sounds so Keane-like, the chord sequence, the voice, and the keyboard.

2. Sounds so, so, so, so familiar. Not a fan of its Americanesque guitar riff… and drums… But love it when the guitar gets rougher. And I like the eery sound.

3. Something tells me that I'll love this track. Crazy drums and crazy synth goes well with the crazy vocal. Hey, look, I'm tapping my feet along this song. Oh, it gets better! I'm rather disappointed that the slow tempo dominates its ending. But it's great.

4. His voice is yum :wacky: but not as delicious as Guy Garvey's. It has a very strong classic rock vibe… until 2:00. It now became somewhat mediocre with the modern twist of contemporary guitar riff :| His voice is still yum though.

5. The intro is so my taste. I somehow wish that this on would be an instrumental as I was a little disappointed when the vocal pops up. I admire the attempt to make that hazy unsettling atmosphere with his voice, but he doesn't have the best voice for it. The ending blew it :( that choir ruins it all. It gives me the impression that this song tried to be One Day Like This.

6. Love.

7. A strange selection given the 2 previous songs was a sweeping string driven track. This one sounds rather folksy. I can easily digest this one, though it's not so special (again, given the previous 6 songs sounds so 'loaded').

8. Wow, what an intro. This better be good. It's been a minute and they's still playing with my heart beat. Wow, the choir. And the vocal. Why, why, why, they suddenly sound so Foo Fighter-y, despite the intro :( It just doesn't match. It would be good if the intro and the song were 2 different songs. However this song continues the grand-ish tone of the whole playlist (so far).

9. Although the song itself is generic, I like the dim, almost inaudible instrument sounds in the background. It made it sound more… artsy. The bridge is too pop. Love the end though (right before they slapped the demo version clip in the back).

10. It immediately reminds me of Jens Lekman at the first verse. Of course it's not him. This is a song that sounds silently huge. Like a soundtrack for a award winning indie movie. His voice just sliced my heart and sprinkled it with salt… in a good way.

11. I can definitely imagine a scene. It's an emotional one. But lonely. Reminds me of Damien Rice's Blowers Daughter in a way, not the melody or the chord but the emotion.

12. It's like Annie Lennox and Antony Hegarty got together and made a singing kid. Love.

13. So eery and calming at the same time. Sounded like Kings of Leon, just a little, despite the minimal instrument. I got a feeling that I'm entering the slow part of the tape.

14. Oh, I know this, I know this… no, I don't. It's more upbeat than the last 2 tracks, which is good. I really like the arrangement, but the vocal is just doesn't fit in as well. I'd like it more if it was a woman. Amy Winehouse should cover this song. And you just single handedly ripped my assumption out of relevance. It's understated but chirpy at the same time.

15. Oh, we're going down (tempo) again. A piano ballad, sounds filled with despair. Oops, not really. It got drums. But still a ballad about separation. I do enjoy the music although it's not what I usually listen to. I like the distortion filled ending.

16. Off to a good start, a nice continuation from the previous track. A piano driven ballad. The lyric is interesting, actually this is the first song that got me listening to its lyric. Oh, that piano riff again. I wish the guitar riff is as brilliant. But a beggar can't be too picky. His voice isn't as dramatic as the music itself. I can imagine Muse slaughter this song to an blood splattering cover.

17. Is that brass or merely synth? Either way, it's perfect. Like an introduction to war. And the song builds up ever so slowly. His voice is just perfect! I change my mind, it's an introduction to an apocalypse. Really, really love this song! An amazing number, so dramatic.

18. Again, a silently huge song, this time it's an acoustic guitar driven song. A nice follow up to track 17. Somehow I detected a little bit country in it, which is great. Beautiful.

19. American. Not a huge fan but it's kind of haunting even with such chord transitions. Wow, he shouted… and angry. An emotional performance. And it's live! It just got itself an extra 25 point. I just with you could switch this with track 15, than it would be perfect. However it's a good way to finish the mixtape.

Wow, 19 tracks, I thought I wouldn't survive. It's just... plenty of music going on there.

I can't shake the feeling that you know me. Or at least you managed to stalk me. The mixtape is just perfect for me. Seriously, who are you :blank: :lol:

I just wish there were more female voices in it, that's all.

I just gave mine a listen and here's my thoughts

Track 1

This voice sounds really familular but I can't put my finger on it. The harmonies are really nice, and the arrangement of the song sounds good. It's a typical sound for an indie song, but I really like it. Then some horns come in and add to the arrangement. It sounds really nice all put together. The horns are not over the top or anything, but work perfectly. I really like this song, it's a nice way to start things off

Track 2

This song starts off with acoustic guitar and some nice electronic drum beats. The electronic drum beats are really catchy and work really well with the instruments. The vocals are good too. They sound a little familular. Then the song sort of opens up and get's really good. I sort of imagine flying or something. I find this chorus very catchy. The song was really good overall, I feel the songs worked well together from the 1st to 2nd track.

Track 3

Initially this song sounds like some post rock with the airiness of the guitar and the heavy drums. The vocals come in and it sounds a lot like Bono. It really does sound so much like bono/U2 it's scary. Perhaps it is them but an unreleased song? At first I thought the song was alright, but as it has progresssed it gets better. Then it sort of gets quiet for a while and sounds really nice w/ the atmospheres of the guitars and the vocals.

Track 4

The song starts with a nice drum beat. It's solid and makes you want to move around. The vocals are nice in this too. Then some guitars come in and the song gets kind of sexy…haha! I really like the groove to this song! I really like these choruses where the vocalist screams and then it sounds different and more full. I dunno what it is about this song but it's really awesome! So far this is my favorite song off the mix.

Track 5

The song starts with some really quiet guitar work and some piano that's barely noticable at first. It then sort of explodes with a catchy drum beat and some really nice almost middle-eastern sounding strings. The vocals are alright in this at first they are not too bad but are a little annoying as time progresses. The song then gets really quiet and it gives me the impression of being in the cold woods with someone whispering. Then the song goes back to the drums with the strings, which sounds good. Then some piano lines are added in the background that sound good and compliments the music, and makes it a little creepy. The song again gets quiet and it adds to the creepiness. I like the arrangement of this song

Track 6

This song opens with a nice rhythm for the drums, and then later comes in with some additional instruments and vocals. It makes me want to move around and dance a bit. The vocals are nice. Also the harmonies later on sound nice especially with the backing arrangement of the instruments. I really enjoy this song… the arrangement with the vocals, instruments and especially rhythm section really make the song very catchy, and it's a song that i'd definitely come back to.

Track 7

The song opens with some drums. It sounds very popish initially. It sort of reminds me of Owl City a bit with the vocals, in fact it may be Owl City the more I listen to it. The song is definitely catchy, but I don't think it's a song that I really like so much.

Track 8

The song opens with a harpsichord and female vocals. It reminds me of a baroque period style of song. The song picks up a little with a underlying bass synth. The chorus adds more instrumentation and is catchy. Then it goes back to the verse and I'm not sure if I'm really into it too much. I think instrumentally it's impressive with the playing, but i'm not a huge fan of this. Also I feel this song goes on for a bit too long.

Track 9

The song opens with a nice drum beat. It gives a nice rythtm to the song. Then some vocals come in. It reminds me slightly of Bono. This song is okay. I think that the instrumentation isn't so bad during the verses. But I'm not so much of a fan of the chorus. I would imagine this being a song that would be popular on the radio.

Track 10

The song opens with some nice classical sounding guitar. The vocals come in and I'm not so sure if I'm a big fan of it. I think that the arrangement of the instruments are good, but the vocals are a little bit cheesy and I'm not sold on them. As this song progresses towards the end it gets to be a bit over the top.

Track 11

This song starts with some really nice piano. Then the song sort of explodes into some modern day alternative/punk band. I really do not like this song. It's too heavy and sounds too much like a modern day hard rock band. For me the best part of the song is the piano.

Track 12

The song starts off okay. This sounds a lot like Interpol not just with the guitar but also the vocals too. After not really liking the last few songs this song is better. It has a very dark tone to it. I think this song is not so bad. It's nothing really amazing, but might be a song I would give a 2nd listen again on this mix.

Track 13

This song starts with a nice sounding acoustic guitar. Then comes in some really minimal and barely noticable drums that I like. The vocals are very similar to Phil Selway, but the backing vocals sort of give it away as it not being him. I like the overall mood of this song especially the middle section. It sounds very airy, which is something that I like and find relaxing. At first I wasn't so sold, but I really enjoyed it by the end of the song

Track 14

The last song off the mix opens with some sort of ambient instrumental sounds. This is Jonsi! I really like this song a bit. The piano is very nice sounding. I remember him playing this song live and it was really good. The piano and vocals sound really beautiful. This is the only song that I recognized from the mix. It's a nice way to end the mix.

Overall Thoughts: I felt that the mix started off really strong with the 4th song being the height of it being really great! Track 6 was then the last song I really liked. I felt that the flow of those first 6 songs were really great, but then it sort of lost it's way. Track 7 was not terrible, but it wasn't my type of song I would love. Then tracks 8-11 were pretty bad imo. Then the songs from 12 to the end progressively got better, and the flow was very solid.

So my favorite song would definitely be Track 4, as well as the first 5-6 songs or so. I'd give this mix a 6/10.

Though I wasn't fully sold on this mix it had a few songs I really liked, and I really appreciate whomever made this mix for taking the time to do so! :thumbsup:

Ok, I lied. As soon as I started listening I felt like typing so I've rebooted my computer. Like Eddie, my person gave away their identity on the megaupload page. :P

1. Happy descending guitar melody...ugh, not big on the vocals at all. Chords, bass and backing vocals are decent enough I guess, but the chorus is tough to swallow. Just not interesting IMO. Boring pop-rock song.

2. Haha, Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins. Classic. Actually haven't heard it in quite a while, can't really put it down in any way so...nice.

3. Urgh...5 seconds in I wanted to skip to the next track. I knew right away that this wasn't going to surprise or impress me in any way. I recognise the voice from somewhere. American Idol maybe.

4. Sounds like Matt Bellamy improvising on the piano for 3 minutes. If not, its some late Romantic Rachmaninoff-esque piece. 1:20 sounds like the start of a Muse song though, so I'll stick with my first guess. Not my favorite style, but it's def. impressive and kinda refreshing. Thanks.

5. I literally burst out laughing when this started (Not in a bad or mean way). Boston by Augustana. While I haven't heard this in ages and feel like I've kinda outgrown it, it does summon nostalgia from when I was first getting it coldplay and heard these guys regularly on the radio. I even remember figuring it out on piano. So...can't pretend I don't enjoy hearing this again. I feel like I would enjoy this mix much more if I were about 5 years younger.

6. Nice piano arpeggios. Voice sounds increasingly like Noel Gallagher as it goes along, but I'm not sure. End has a real Oasis charm to it... I like it.

My person split the mix into two 'sides'. So here goes #2...

7. strong beat and muted electric guitars. Singer sounds like the guy from Keane just come from having a few teeth removed. Like some of the other songs, just can't warm up to it in any way. Another song I probably would've liked five years ago that now just kinda bores me. Sorry.

8. Tapping hi-hat and a subdued guitar riff. Ugh! Kill It! Sorry, just don't see the appeal in the singer's voice. From the get go I can't take any of it seriously. Okay, it's not that bad, just kinda frustrated. The violin is nice, but otherwise, not a fan.

9. The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It. Always liked this little diddy, so no complaints here. :)

10. Saxophone, muted guitar, drums, far off shouts. Strong beatles-era retro vibe. McCartney? maybe not. This track definitely stands out from the rest. I like it.

11. Synth Bass and drums. The Fray? Not bad. Not enraptured, but it's enjoyable.

12. Minor-key Country vibe with slide guitar. Neutral on the voice. Neutral in general actually. Pretty short song.

Thanks for the mixtape. I had trouble getting excited about most of it, but it had a few high points. In any case it introduced me to a few songs and styles I wouldn't otherwise have heard, and reintroducing me to songs I had long forgotten.

Hey, Eddie...

sorry it didn't connect more with you. You and I both like Swell Season and Crowded House, so I didn't think these songs would be so off the mark. :shrug: I'm glad though, that most of it seemed new to you. Hope you found one or two new bands you'll look into more. It was fun making it. :nice:

Edit:

3. So Far Away- The National

6. Don't You Evah- Spoon

8. How Much More- Stars

link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tand78li8zjycd2

haha, sorry if i came off as a bit of a jerk. Not a bad mixtape. Just not very good for me :P

A lot of these bands are bands I've been meaning to check out. I might look into a few of them. Weird that I quite liked Passion Pit. I've hated what I've heard from them! maybe I'll look past their famous songs :tongue:

lulz. thanks for the mixtape. hope someone else downloads it and enjoys it! :lol:

Just downloaded mine, gonna give it a few listens to night :awesome:

3. So Far Away- The National

6. Don't You Evah- Spoon

8. How Much More- Stars

It appears as an excellent mixtape to me. :uhoh:

In fact I've listened to all songs except Track 1 and 12!

Ok here's my review, I recognized just two songs and I suck at writing reviews but anyway...

Track 1: It reminds me of City and Colour, don’t know why. A nice slow song, I have no idea who’s the artist though. I like the part that starts around 3:30

Track 2: that voice sounds very familiar, they sound american for some reason. I’m not really into this kind of songs but sounds good and it flows well considering the first song of the mixtape

Track 3: Rufus Wainwright? Not sure but I recognize his voice but I just know his across the universe cover and a few other songs so this one is new for me. Good one!

Track 4: A girl! I used to dislike girls voices a lot until I started to like Regina Spektor, Florence + The Machine and Regine (Arcade Fire). Anyway, it sounds like Kate Nash but the only song I remember was one about lemons that I disliked for some reason. If it's her, this song is way better.

Track 5: I don’t know this song but the guitar is so good, specially at the end.

Track 6: I don't know who sings that song but it sounds like a lot of other stuff. Not bad but probably I won't remember it if I don't listen to it again

Track 7: I don't like it that much but it goes well with the rest of the mixtape

Track 8: That’s a Sigur Ros' Untitled 1 remix. I really love that song and Sigur Ros is one of my favorite bands :D I like it

Track 9: Sweet and slow, I have no clue about the artist.

Track 10: It sounds so calm and his voice is very sweet, I like the song.

Track 11: Kanye’s power! One of my favorite songs of the new álbum, even if that’s not my kind of music that’s a very good song. Nice remix, favorite song of the mixtape, I had it on repeat for around an hour

Track 12: good but's a bit repetitive I think

Track 13: I have no idea who’s this but I like it, it’s catchy and I like the music, it’s happy

Track 14: I think this is my less favorite of the mixtape, I just don’t like it :s

Overall I liked it, there is some great songs and some other songs I didn't like that much but I never like songs at first listen so it's ok. Thanks a lot to the mixtape creator because I'll definitely listen to this again :)

That was mine!

1-Blood-The Middle East

2-On Fire-Switchfoot

3-Tower of Learning-Rufus Wainwright

4-Don't You Wanna Share the Guilt-Kate Nash

5-Flaws-Bombay Bicycle Club

6-Softship-Seabear

7-Cigarettes Wedding Bands-Band of Horses

8-Shook-Mobb Deep and Sigur Ros mash-up

9-Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise-Avett Brothers

10-Autumn-Paolo Nutini

11-Power Remix-Kanye West

12-Equestrian-U.S. Royalty

13-My Body-Young the Giant

14-Quiet Things No One Ever Knows-Brand New

1. I instantly fell in love with the intro. When the vocal arrived I thought it was Keane, but then I'm not so sure anymore. Strings coming in and it's good. With a smallest portion of electronica it's just perfect. It sounds so Keane-like, the chord sequence, the voice, and the keyboard.

you're right, this is Keane - Atlantic :)

2. Sounds so, so, so, so familiar. Not a fan of its Americanesque guitar riff… and drums… But love it when the guitar gets rougher. And I like the eery sound.

Snow Patrol - Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking

3. Something tells me that I'll love this track. Crazy drums and crazy synth goes well with the crazy vocal. Hey, look, I'm tapping my feet along this song. Oh, it gets better! I'm rather disappointed that the slow tempo dominates its ending. But it's great.

Arctic Monkeys - Secret Door (their newest album "Humbug" is brilliant, and so atmospheric :) )

4. His voice is yum :wacky: but not as delicious as Guy Garvey's. It has a very strong classic rock vibe… until 2:00. It now became somewhat mediocre with the modern twist of contemporary guitar riff :| His voice is still yum though.

Just Off Turner -How Much It Hurts (my sister found them on myspace via John Mayer's page!)

5. The intro is so my taste. I somehow wish that this on would be an instrumental as I was a little disappointed when the vocal pops up. I admire the attempt to make that hazy unsettling atmosphere with his voice, but he doesn't have the best voice for it. The ending blew it :( that choir ruins it all. It gives me the impression that this song tried to be One Day Like This.

Kubb - Chemical

6. Love.

Fyfe Dangerfield (singer in Guillemots) - Faster Than The Setting Sun

7. A strange selection given the 2 previous songs was a sweeping string driven track. This one sounds rather folksy. I can easily digest this one, though it's not so special (again, given the previous 6 songs sounds so 'loaded').

Screaming Trees - Sworn And Broken

8. Wow, what an intro. This better be good. It's been a minute and they's still playing with my heart beat. Wow, the choir. And the vocal. Why, why, why, they suddenly sound so Foo Fighter-y, despite the intro :( It just doesn't match. It would be good if the intro and the song were 2 different songs. However this song continues the grand-ish tone of the whole playlist (so far).

Biffy Clyro - Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies

9. Although the song itself is generic, I like the dim, almost inaudible instrument sounds in the background. It made it sound more… artsy. The bridge is too pop. Love the end though (right before they slapped the demo version clip in the back).

Athlete - Yesterday Threw Everything At Me

10. It immediately reminds me of Jens Lekman at the first verse. Of course it's not him. This is a song that sounds silently huge. Like a soundtrack for a award winning indie movie. His voice just sliced my heart and sprinkled it with salt… in a good way.

Tired Pony - The Good Book (sung by Tom Smith, singer of Editors)

11. I can definitely imagine a scene. It's an emotional one. But lonely. Reminds me of Damien Rice's Blowers Daughter in a way, not the melody or the chord but the emotion.

Lou Barlow - Legendary (Live)

12. It's like Annie Lennox and Antony Hegarty got together and made a singing kid. Love.

Jeff Buckley - Corpus Christi Carol

13. So eery and calming at the same time. Sounded like Kings of Leon, just a little, despite the minimal instrument. I got a feeling that I'm entering the slow part of the tape.

John Frusciante (ex-guitarist of Red Hot Chili Peppers) - Song To The Siren (cover of Tim Buckley)

14. Oh, I know this, I know this… no, I don't. It's more upbeat than the last 2 tracks, which is good. I really like the arrangement, but the vocal is just doesn't fit in as well. I'd like it more if it was a woman. Amy Winehouse should cover this song. And you just single handedly ripped my assumption out of relevance. It's understated but chirpy at the same time.

The Last Shadow Puppets - Meeting Place

15. Oh, we're going down (tempo) again. A piano ballad, sounds filled with despair. Oops, not really. It got drums. But still a ballad about separation. I do enjoy the music although it's not what I usually listen to. I like the distortion filled ending.

Embrace - Out Of Nothing

16. Off to a good start, a nice continuation from the previous track. A piano driven ballad. The lyric is interesting, actually this is the first song that got me listening to its lyric. Oh, that piano riff again. I wish the guitar riff is as brilliant. But a beggar can't be too picky. His voice isn't as dramatic as the music itself. I can imagine Muse slaughter this song to an blood splattering cover.

H.I.M - The Sacrament

17. Is that brass or merely synth? Either way, it's perfect. Like an introduction to war. And the song builds up ever so slowly. His voice is just perfect! I change my mind, it's an introduction to an apocalypse. Really, really love this song! An amazing number, so dramatic.

The Killers - Goodnight, Travel Well

18. Again, a silently huge song, this time it's an acoustic guitar driven song. A nice follow up to track 17. Somehow I detected a little bit country in it, which is great. Beautiful.

Jack Savoretti - Chemical Courage (again, a discovery made by my sister) His music is beautiful, if you like it you should check out his album, "Between The Minds" :)

19. American. Not a huge fan but it's kind of haunting even with such chord transitions. Wow, he shouted… and angry. An emotional performance. And it's live! It just got itself an extra 25 point. I just with you could switch this with track 15, than it would be perfect. However it's a good way to finish the mixtape.

Nirvana -Where Did You Sleep Last Night?

Wow, 19 tracks, I thought I wouldn't survive. It's just... plenty of music going on there.

I can't shake the feeling that you know me. Or at least you managed to stalk me. The mixtape is just perfect for me. Seriously, who are you :blank: :lol:

I just wish there were more female voices in it, that's all.

I was SO nervous about this as it's my first time doing this, but I'm glad you like it :D I wasn't able to stalk you very well, but I saw you liked Enya, Norah Jones and Elbow etc. so I figured you would like atmospheric music :)

And I realised I didn't have any female singers on my Itunes so I panicked a bit! What is your favourite track? xxx

just got mine :dance: first time i listen a cping mixtape on the molinux rhythmbox. :wacky:

13 tracks = 40 mins. first listen and review.

no 100% idea who my sender is, thought i think of some posible coldplayers, probably a David Bowie fan.

i think or that person has checked what music i like or we happen to have some common likes of style.

mixtape sure has introduced me into a lot good sounds to check better the next months :D for that thanks a lot to my sender, i really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

a bit melancholic mixtape btw, a lot of rememer and change references thought might that was the idea.

11 had artist removed, 2 not: 1 warpaint (new band to me), 1 stornoway (i already knew), so probably the review is not in the proper order it was meant to be.

1. title says sister (mastered vs 2). nice organ base. could be mumford and sons, or any of mr Vermont bands, good add of a banjo and all other kind of string guitars. nice folk country intro.

2. nice and simple catch, a bit electronical but feels short.

3. yay drum intro, nice male voice, echo effect. a bit spychedelic. no idea but any chance it could be pavement, sounds a bit 80's, 90's band?

4. guitar intro, quiet, yay some kind of cymbals. sounds familiar, can't guess who is. could be a song by villagers?

5. cool keyboard and drum intro. female vocals. sounds like some spanish band as cola jet set, hehe, so like 70's yeye or so :wacky: could be tegan and sara, don't sound as cocorosie to me. could be a cover?

6. good 'push' piano intro, cool instrumental.

8. album cover was not deleted, so for sure is a miike snow track.

9. male vocal, just with guitar. no idea, but lyrics say society a lot.

10. oh sounds so pop song, even from a movie.. male vocalist... yay for choral part. no idea since i don't follow pop much but could be the script or so? title could be stay with me?

12. yay another cool guitar intro :wacko: voice sounds familiar

13. another with the artwork, is 5 years by david bowie with no doubt, i :heart: it. :nice:

i guess 7 and 11 should be stornoway's zorbing -pretty cool trumpets :dance: -, or/and warpaint's undertow - cool guitar and female voice-.

to sender, sorry if my review seem negative for the artwork and so, i really enjoyed the mixtape :thumbsup:

oh dear, the artwork make me think i'm not sure if i removed mine :| dunno how i could remove it with that software, boo me :disappointed: soz to my receiver, might be a turn-off as rudy_o said :anxious:

I was SO nervous about this as it's my first time doing this, but I'm glad you like it :D I wasn't able to stalk you very well, but I saw you liked Enya, Norah Jones and Elbow etc. so I figured you would like atmospheric music :)

And I realised I didn't have any female singers on my Itunes so I panicked a bit! What is your favourite track? xxx

What a tape! Biffy, Snow Patrol, Tired Pony with my favorite track of them <3, John Frusciante and Jeff god Buckley :bomb:

Will listen to mine tonight....Have to work till then... :dozey:

The song opens with some drums. It sounds very popish initially. It sort of reminds me of Owl City a bit with the vocals, in fact it may be Owl City the more I listen to it. The song is definitely catchy, but I don't think it's a song that I really like so much.

:surprised:

*wants to know what it is*