✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you said that last time tammi

I want to see what you make

^You say that during every exchange crests.

Yeah, but then my mother still hadn't gotten a new computer and I thought she would have by then. :tongue:

It depends on if I have a new iPod by the next one.

If the minimum post count requirement is raised, then I think that past mixtape makers who are below the requirement can be allowed to join again. Does that seem more fair?

Yay, I'll be allowed to participate!! :p

It's a really though call, but I think you can't really exclude people. When they say that they'll do it, and eventually they don't, that's just personality, not amount of posts

But I also really agree with you. It's difficult to exclude people for this. As loudefix said, I think that the activity matters, not necessarily the amount of posts. It's really hard to know if a person will do this properly, even if she has a low post count.

I just gave mine a listen and here's my thoughts

Track 1

This voice sounds really familular but I can't put my finger on it. The harmonies are really nice, and the arrangement of the song sounds good. It's a typical sound for an indie song, but I really like it. Then some horns come in and add to the arrangement. It sounds really nice all put together. The horns are not over the top or anything, but work perfectly. I really like this song, it's a nice way to start things off

Track 2

This song starts off with acoustic guitar and some nice electronic drum beats. The electronic drum beats are really catchy and work really well with the instruments. The vocals are good too. They sound a little familular. Then the song sort of opens up and get's really good. I sort of imagine flying or something. I find this chorus very catchy. The song was really good overall, I feel the songs worked well together from the 1st to 2nd track.

Track 3

Initially this song sounds like some post rock with the airiness of the guitar and the heavy drums. The vocals come in and it sounds a lot like Bono. It really does sound so much like bono/U2 it's scary. Perhaps it is them but an unreleased song? At first I thought the song was alright, but as it has progresssed it gets better. Then it sort of gets quiet for a while and sounds really nice w/ the atmospheres of the guitars and the vocals.

Track 4

The song starts with a nice drum beat. It's solid and makes you want to move around. The vocals are nice in this too. Then some guitars come in and the song gets kind of sexy…haha! I really like the groove to this song! I really like these choruses where the vocalist screams and then it sounds different and more full. I dunno what it is about this song but it's really awesome! So far this is my favorite song off the mix.

Track 5

The song starts with some really quiet guitar work and some piano that's barely noticable at first. It then sort of explodes with a catchy drum beat and some really nice almost middle-eastern sounding strings. The vocals are alright in this at first they are not too bad but are a little annoying as time progresses. The song then gets really quiet and it gives me the impression of being in the cold woods with someone whispering. Then the song goes back to the drums with the strings, which sounds good. Then some piano lines are added in the background that sound good and compliments the music, and makes it a little creepy. The song again gets quiet and it adds to the creepiness. I like the arrangement of this song

Track 6

This song opens with a nice rhythm for the drums, and then later comes in with some additional instruments and vocals. It makes me want to move around and dance a bit. The vocals are nice. Also the harmonies later on sound nice especially with the backing arrangement of the instruments. I really enjoy this song… the arrangement with the vocals, instruments and especially rhythm section really make the song very catchy, and it's a song that i'd definitely come back to.

Track 7

The song opens with some drums. It sounds very popish initially. It sort of reminds me of Owl City a bit with the vocals, in fact it may be Owl City the more I listen to it. The song is definitely catchy, but I don't think it's a song that I really like so much.

Track 8

The song opens with a harpsichord and female vocals. It reminds me of a baroque period style of song. The song picks up a little with a underlying bass synth. The chorus adds more instrumentation and is catchy. Then it goes back to the verse and I'm not sure if I'm really into it too much. I think instrumentally it's impressive with the playing, but i'm not a huge fan of this. Also I feel this song goes on for a bit too long.

Track 9

The song opens with a nice drum beat. It gives a nice rythtm to the song. Then some vocals come in. It reminds me slightly of Bono. This song is okay. I think that the instrumentation isn't so bad during the verses. But I'm not so much of a fan of the chorus. I would imagine this being a song that would be popular on the radio.

Track 10

The song opens with some nice classical sounding guitar. The vocals come in and I'm not so sure if I'm a big fan of it. I think that the arrangement of the instruments are good, but the vocals are a little bit cheesy and I'm not sold on them. As this song progresses towards the end it gets to be a bit over the top.

Track 11

This song starts with some really nice piano. Then the song sort of explodes into some modern day alternative/punk band. I really do not like this song. It's too heavy and sounds too much like a modern day hard rock band. For me the best part of the song is the piano.

Track 12

The song starts off okay. This sounds a lot like Interpol not just with the guitar but also the vocals too. After not really liking the last few songs this song is better. It has a very dark tone to it. I think this song is not so bad. It's nothing really amazing, but might be a song I would give a 2nd listen again on this mix.

Track 13

This song starts with a nice sounding acoustic guitar. Then comes in some really minimal and barely noticable drums that I like. The vocals are very similar to Phil Selway, but the backing vocals sort of give it away as it not being him. I like the overall mood of this song especially the middle section. It sounds very airy, which is something that I like and find relaxing. At first I wasn't so sold, but I really enjoyed it by the end of the song

Track 14

The last song off the mix opens with some sort of ambient instrumental sounds. This is Jonsi! I really like this song a bit. The piano is very nice sounding. I remember him playing this song live and it was really good. The piano and vocals sound really beautiful. This is the only song that I recognized from the mix. It's a nice way to end the mix.

Overall Thoughts: I felt that the mix started off really strong with the 4th song being the height of it being really great! Track 6 was then the last song I really liked. I felt that the flow of those first 6 songs were really great, but then it sort of lost it's way. Track 7 was not terrible, but it wasn't my type of song I would love. Then tracks 8-11 were pretty bad imo. Then the songs from 12 to the end progressively got better, and the flow was very solid.

So my favorite song would definitely be Track 4, as well as the first 5-6 songs or so. I'd give this mix a 6/10.

Though I wasn't fully sold on this mix it had a few songs I really liked, and I really appreciate whomever made this mix for taking the time to do so! :thumbsup:

Woah thanks for that great review! First off, here's the setlist:

01 Stornoway-zorbing

02 Magne F - Kryptonite

03 Exit Calm - We're On Our Own

04 Eels - Fresh Blood

05 TomMcRae - Karaoke Soul

06 School Of Seven Bells - Face to face on high places

07 Mew - King Christian (new version)

08 Claire Pichet - Rue des Cascades

09 Chicane - Far Away From You

10 Snow Patrol - Give Me Strength

11 HIM - The Sacrament

12 Interpol - Leif Erikson

13 Epic 45 - You Were Never Here

14 Jónsi - new piano song

Links:

https://rapidshare.com/files/4365688...ingMixtape.rar

or

http://www.mediafire.com/?rqxfdggy1towysb

Haha well it was pretty hard for me to find fitting songs for you, you posted all over the music section and I was like "Uuuh okay, what does he NOT like?" :lol: Unfortunately I still couldn't rule out some of the "bad" songs...

I tried to to mix a few different genres in there, hoping that there are songs that you didn't know but like, but I haz failed :freak: ANYWAY, thank you so much for this great review, it was really constructive!

And the singer from track 3 really sounds like Bono, I was shocked the first time I listened to him, hahah :D

3. I like the bend in pitches in the guitar part. I don't like how the vocals are so soft compared to everything else; I can't really hear the words or anything. However, what I can hear kinda reminds me of Matt Berninger of The National in the sense that like Matt's, the vocals are in the baritone/bass range, and I like that. The backgrounf music is really nice, but it overpowers the vocals. I guess the balance is the only issue I have with the song. It's still nice.

Haha. This is pretty funny. James (Capsul) has this weird thing with vocal mixing. When he was recording my EP he kept wanting to have the vocals lower in the mix but I saved him from doing so :P

Seriously, I've heard him complain about songs by bands he really likes because the vocals are too loud!

(this is alyssa's mix)

Here's my review.

THANK YOU to the person who made the tape, I really enjoyed listening to it! I actually listened to it several times. It was the first time I heard most of the songs and I find it impossible to judge a song at first hearing.

I LOVE discovering new stuff so this was definitely very fun for me!! :)

Track 1 - Sounds a bit like Fool's Gold or Yeasayer. I like the rhythm and the voices (singing a bit like a choir).

Track 2 - Sounds a bit like Vampire Weekend. I like the voice. It's a good song. Would be even better if the drums wouldn't go that fast! :D

Track 3 - Ok I'm just dancing on my own right now, yaaayyyyy!!! :dance: Really catchy. Love it! But I have no idea what it is.

Track 4 - This one's also catchy, but it sounds like disco from the 80's or 90's (maybe it's not!) - I'm not a big fan, but it's a good song.

Track 5 - No idea what it is. Not my style though (R&B style?). ;)

Track 6 - Ok this one sounds even older than track 4 (from the 60's maybe?). Interesting song, but I don't like that kind of voice.

Track 7 - I'm sure I've already heard that one, but I can't remember what it is. I really like it! Amazing "lalalalalaaa" and great violin at the end of the song ;)

Track 8 - LOVE the guitar!!! Beautiful. No idea what it is.

Tracks 9 + 10 + 11 - Cute songs, slower rhythm. Not very original, but nice to listen to.

Track 12 - More interesting one. Interesting mixture with the repetitive melody of the guitar and the voices.

Track 13 - Like the tracks 9 10 11 ;)

Track 14 - If this is not Beach House, it's Beach House's twins!!! :D I haven't listened to their album in a long time so I don't remember every song. LOVE them!! :)

Track 15 - Regina Spektor? Great piano, amazing voice. Like really REALLY amazing. I love the song. :)

Track 16 - Song to relax and sleep. Great choice for a last song on a album. ;)

Sorry if this was a bit short, I'm actually not very used to reviewing songs! I don't know, I find it a bit hard to find the proper words to describe them (especially in English).

Thanks again for making the tape!

I can't wait to know the name of the artists I liked and listen to their work. :)

Hi secret partner, here I am

Track 1. Slow and ''airy'' beginning of the mixtape. I like that, sets up the thing. Good one to open. 09.22.07 [part 1] - by Concert Silence. It's actually a live performance between Charles Buckingham and Matt Cooper of Eluvium. I was kinda nervous about starting off with this one. I wanted to begin with an ambient track but I wasn't sure if this was too minimal.

Track 2. (ok right I realised after listening to 3 songs that my player wasn't playing them in the right order so I went back to the real Track 2, it flows way better now) Electro, calm still there's an increasing dynamism in the track. Nice one, could be a mix of a video game music and a Jon Brion track ahah. The ''light'' feminine voice is not that of a singer I would appreciate but it's sweet.

Green Grass of Tunnel - Múm. A mostly electronic Icelandic group, video game is actually a pretty apt description haha. Glad you liked it.

Track 3. Let's welcome chords in the mixtape, yiha! Still a crazy ''dreamy'' track. I guess the whole mixtape will be made of these electro/atmospheric songs... could all come from the same album, so congrats for being that ''coherent'', it really flows well. Although as it's not the kind of stuff I'm used to, I'm afraid of getting a little bored.

This one's not bad though, especially with the kind of ''tension'' which is built throughout the track.

Earthquake - by Deerhunter. As I was reading your review I realize that maybe I could've been sparser with the atmospheric tracks, I might've been a little selfish in that sense, as most of what I listen to now is pretty ambient, and I was more afraid of picking songs that were too accessible or recognisable.

Track 4. Funny one, conveys a feeling of strange ''lightness''. Dunno... I feel like playing in the snow ahah. Once again I wouldn't listen to it for a too long time but once a while it's... fun(?)

By the way I really dislike that guy's voice on the ''I'm never gonna give it to you'' ahah.

Haha, Lewis Takes Off His Shirt by Owen Pallett. He used to play violin for Arcade Fire and I saw him open for the infamous group from track 5 and he was insanely talented. I see what you mean about his voice though.

Track 5. Ahhhh goodbye electro. Me like, me like! The beginning of the song is totally lovely, the voice is quite interesting. Very good one! My fav so far, the lyrics are awesome too. It's a kind of modern Bob Dylan ahah...

About Today - The National. They've been extremely popular lately, so I made sure to choose a track from an earlier album in the hope you wouldn't recognise it.

Track 6. Getting solemn: very soft and sad piano track, no lyrics. That's beautiful.

Fragment - Max Richter. This man's an amazing composer, though I think I chose the simplest track he's ever made. I would've picked something else but this piece just wouldn't leave me alone, something about the phrasing of the melody...

Track 7. Very promising beginning with original sounds of... triangles and bells or whatever? That one is quite cool, a bit Amelie-ish if you know this French movie?

Me like it!

I love Amelie! This Mary's Magic by Pogo. He's an australian DJ who takes audio clips from disney movies and makes a song out of them. In this case it's 'The Secret Garden'. I suggest checking out his music videos on you-tube, they're pretty cool.

Track 8. I'm not good at associating songs to a specific style of music but I'd say this one is like... ''poppy''... but it remains sweet. I don't want to sound rude but I'm finding it almost narcotic. The Keyboard part around 3:00 highly reminds me of a song I like though ahah. The end is quite pleasant with all the voices singing at the same time. Overall the song sounds quite old-fashioned to me.

I Didn't See it Coming - Belle and Sebastian. When I first played them for my parents, each of them thought they were some old 80s band, though this album came out this past fall. Not everybody's cup of tea, though I'm glad you liked the ending.

Track 9. Good preview of the music dead people listen in heaven :D

Haha, I might quote your description in the future. It's Boy 1904 by Jonsi & Alex. This is from the ambient side project of the lead singer of Sigur Ros and his boyfriend.

Track 10. Back to airy and electronic music. Sounds a bit retro though, not the kind of thing I would listen to usually as it is a bit too repetitive, I think that might drive the listener crazy after a while ahah.

Blown A Wish by My Bloody Valentine. Early 90s Shoegaze. You're right about the repetition, mostly I was looking for an upbeat transition from the last track.

Track 11. I like the beat of this one, and the effect on the voice is quite pleasant, I just wish it was slightly more dynamic. Reminds me of a telepopmusik track which I like.

Sparks by Röyksopp. Norwegian trip-Hop, it does drag a little bit but I love the sound of the voice so I had to include it.

Track 12. Isn't it the same band/singer than Track 5? Liked it from the first seconds. I really wanna know who's that guy. Once again, I like it.

I actually never thought about them sounding similar though I guess they're both baritones. The singer is not Matt Berninger but actually Nick Cave (and the Bad Seeds). The song is called O Children. I feel kind of bad for Nick Cave fans because this track happened to be included in the latest Harry Potter movie, so even though he's kind of the king of dark gothic-rock, this song's you-tube page will forever be over run by Harry Potter fangirls. Glad you liked it!

Track 13. Beautiful. Starting with a violin, once again it's quite solemn but very touching.

Max Richter again, this track, called Infra 8, is from a ballet that he scored.

Track 14. Tags weren't deleted so I could see it was Sigur Ros. I know them but I never gave them a try so it's done now. I like the percussions but this ''airy'' voice is too... ''angelic'' for me ahah.

Von (early version) - Sigur Ros. Sorry about that, I have a history of that happening with songs I can only get off of Itunes. This album actually sounds nothing like their later stuff, so I wouldn't necessarily judge the band's sound based on this. Another situation where I was afraid of someone recognising it immediately, but all the same, I particularly love this track.

Track 15. Slower than the precedent song (if possible), good way of closing the mixtape, especially as it's kind of never-ending :P

I probably should've chosen a different song to end with, but I just really loved the sound of his vocals, even if there's very little change during the rest of it. It's Cease to Know by Eluvium, he's also one of the guy's collaborating in the opening track. This is from the first and only album where he actually sings.

So well, even if it's not the kind of music I enjoy listening, I admire the work done on this mixtape. It was a cohesive one made to fit to a special atmosphere which probably corresponds to a universe my mixtape maker like to explore. Quite touching.

It'd give it a 7/10.

I hope my comments do not seem too offensive, I tried to be objective but do not worry, I was really happy and enjoyed listening to these tracks.

I'm looking forward to discover the tracklist, especially cause I want to hear more stuff from the artist of track 5 and 12.

Thanks a lot :)

Thanks so much! In hindsight I would've had a few less ambient tracks and replaced them accordingly, but I means a lot to hear your compliments. Your comments weren't offensive at all and I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY! recommend you check out The National. Thanks again.

oh...here's the tracklist.

1. 09.22.07 [part 1] - Concert Silence (09.22.07- [2 to 3 P.M.])

2. Green Grass of Tunnel - Múm (Finally We Are No One)

3. Earthquake - Deerhunter (Halcyon Digest)

4. Lewis Takes Off His Shirt - Owen Pallett (Heartland)

5. About Today - The National (Cherry Tree E.P.)

6. Fragment - Max Richter (Songs From Before)

7. Mary's Magic - Pogo

8. I Didn't See it Coming - Belle and Sebastian (Write About Love)

9. Boy 1904 - Jonsi & Alex (Riceboy Sleeps)

10. Blown a Wish - My Bloody Valentine (Loveless)

11. Sparks - Röyksopp (Melody AM)

12. O Children - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus)

13. Infra 8 - Max Richter (Infra)

14. Von - Sigur Rós (Von)

15. Cease to Know - Eluvium (Similes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8p76rxtt4bkp744

Your comments weren't offensive at all and I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY! recommend you check out The National. Thanks again.

+10000000000000

The National are AMAZING. Their album 'High Violet' has been listed amongst the best albums of 2010 by lots of magazines (like NME).

A famous French radio journalist/critic (who were amongst the first people to discover The National a few years ago) says they are "the greatest band on Earth". :)

Your tracklist is amazing btw.

Max Richter :heart: ('On The Nature of Daylight' is amazing, especially the one featuring Dinah Washington)

Thanks so much! In hindsight I would've had a few less ambient tracks and replaced them accordingly, but I means a lot to hear your compliments. Your comments weren't offensive at all and I highly HIGHLY HIGHLY! recommend you check out The National. Thanks again.

oh...here's the tracklist.

1. 09.22.07 [part 1] - Concert Silence (09.22.07- [2 to 3 P.M.])

2. Green Grass of Tunnel - Múm (Finally We Are No One)

3. Earthquake - Deerhunter (Halcyon Digest)

4. Lewis Takes Off His Shirt - Owen Pallett (Heartland)

5. About Today - The National (Cherry Tree E.P.)

6. Fragment - Max Richter (Songs From Before)

7. Mary's Magic - Pogo

8. I Didn't See it Coming - Belle and Sebastian (Write About Love)

9. Boy 1904 - Jonsi & Alex (Riceboy Sleeps)

10. Blown a Wish - My Bloody Valentine (Loveless)

11. Sparks - Röyksopp (Melody AM)

12. O Children - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus)

13. Infra 8 - Max Richter (Infra)

14. Von - Sigur Rós (Von)

15. Cease to Know - Eluvium (Similes)

http://www.mediafire.com/?8p76rxtt4bkp744

*adds to favorites* I really want to listen to this mixtape

+

Your tracklist is amazing btw.

Max Richter :heart: ('On The Nature of Daylight' is amazing, especially the one featuring Dinah Washington)

ty :wacko:

I actually had a track from the blue notebooks on my last mixtape. That's a beautiful piece though I prefer the original to the one with vocals.

Review time!

Track 01

Ooooh nice intro from this song, sounds very dreamy, with lots of guitar sounds, piano, soft drum/patting sounds and some kind of asian instrument?

The voice of the male singer really fits into this sound "atmosphere". He sings very calming, the're also nice choirs in the background. And this song is really long, which is even better, haha!

The song fades out with all instruments playing together widly, nice!

Track 02

Again nice acoustic/electric guitar playing, soft patting noises and calm singer. This song almost seems too short compared to the first one!

Track 03

Omg beach partey music, the singer's singing is freaking annoying in my ears, but I believe this song is funny to listen to with friends during nice summer day. Drums, bongo drums, weird noises, guitars, electric noises and lots of other instruments I don't know.

There's also some crazy woman singing chorus at the end, but it perfectly fits into the whole song.

Track 04

Sounds OLD, but kinda sweet, haha. Nice little break from this last party song, phew!

Track 05

What are these, organs? My lack of musicial knowledge is awesome...anyway, female vocals combined with organs are one of my weaknesses. Later on a soft beat adds to the song.

Overall the songs stays really calm, I'm kinda missing something more from it.

Track 06

Dum dum dum du-du-dum dum dum, that's what I call a strong beat! Shouting male voice, he even reproduces sounds and talks widly over an even more wilder musical mess of lots of different instruments, holy crap that makes my brain implode :freak:

The whole song is all haywire, hahah! Trumpets, more drums and another male voice comes in.

Truly interesting song, but I fear I can only listen to it this one time, otherwise you can visit me in the madhouse :awesome:

Track 07

PHEW this song sounds much more sorted than the one above. There are still trumpets, crazy drums and a, I shall call it "lead" trumpet that replaces a singing voice.

But I don't like this song that much, still too crazy for me.

Track 08

Nice sounding male voice, electric/acoustic guitars, I like the verve of this song, and the bass line is really catchy! The end of the songs gets kinda crazy, but not over the top, it's perfect!

I really like this song.

Track 09

Oh what this, something calmy again? And female song. HAHAHA the chorus is amazing! Some girl is seriously PISSED about a certain guy. Oh man this song is perfect when you're really mad at somebody *giggles*

Track 10

This song has a nice beat and I believe it uses samples from a nice classic piece. Is it rap? Maybe, but I really like this mix, that song really has an "old" feeling because of the old music samples used.

Track 11

Yes yes, I know this genre, but what was it name again? Samba? I don't know how it's called, but unfortunately this song is really not my taste, I just don't like this genre...

Track 12

Very slow and silent piece of music with a male singer, he gets a little bit more "active" towards the end, but I see this song kinda like Track 05, I miss more action!

Track 13

This sounds like an old action movie soundtrack! :lol: I don't know how to explain it, lots of singing, even some talking, it's dramatic and everything.

Track 14

Another old action movie soundtrack song with crazy bass line, retro sounding sounds, rough male voice and crazy guitar playing. Interesting!

Track 15

Weee something fresh and electronical! Lots of beats and stuff, female (?) voice, very high pitched. If I was flying in a space ship I'd definitely play that song there, it's so spacey, I like it!

Track 16

Calm acoustic guitar playing, combined with rap..? First I didn't like that song that much, but in the end it gets really strong, Good surprise!

Track 17

Piano intro with spacey guitar sounds... I believe. Crazy guitar playing comes later on, I also like the singer's voice. This song is perfect and ends the mixtape with a nice piano playing.

That was an interesting mixtape, I really liked 1,8,9,10,15 and 17! Thank you really much mixtape maker for taking the time and collect these great songs for me. Even if there were a few songs I didn't like, I think this mixtape gets a 7/10 :nice:

Haha. This is pretty funny. James (Capsul) has this weird thing with vocal mixing. When he was recording my EP he kept wanting to have the vocals lower in the mix but I saved him from doing so :P

Seriously, I've heard him complain about songs by bands he really likes because the vocals are too loud!

(this is alyssa's mix)

Really? That makes sense, I've noticed how the vocals seem pretty low in all his songs. :P

and yes

So to whom it may concern:

Hehehehe, this mixtape was pretty darn awesome, even though I had a good portion of the songs on it :D

Track A: Starts off with this whimsical piano tinkling and then starts the singing in a low pitch, but the voice gradually grows. This sounds so familiar.. I’m thinking Arcade Fire? Really like this track and will be adding it to my itunes. Great beginning song

Track B: Mumford & Sons. I instantly knew who it was with the first few notes! I adore Mumford & Sons, their music is so unique in this day an age where everything is pop and terrible sounding!

Track C: Melodic guitar in the beginning with a bit of piano backing. The singer has a quiet yet soothing tone. Not sure who it is though. Slow song.. meh, good to fall asleep to.

Track D: Guitar and humming open this track, another slow carefree song. Sounds kind of like the previous singer with a little higher pitch, also another good song to fall asleep to.

Track E: Jonsi! I just saw him in November! Love his music, it has this awesome airiness to it and just makes me smile as I listen to it. I often times want to spin in circles for no reason, but that is a topic for another day. Great Song!

Track F: Vampire Weekend, can you go wrong with a vampire weekend song? I think not!

Track G: Two Door Cinema Club, I got excited when I heard this, I also saw them live this year in April, they are Fantastic live and this is a rad song too!

Track H: Eh.. not a big fan of this song, singer has this almost angelic voice that’s trying to be hard core.. probably my least fav on this mixtape

Track I: The National, I feel in love with the national this past summer, he has such a hypnotic tone to his singing that I just adore!

Track: J Florence + The Machine, LOVE this woman! She has such a killer voice and I wish I could see her live! I’m addicted to her entire album.

Track K: This also sounds so familiar! I swear I know it, hmm well it has this almost.. 80’s- vibe to it with the deep bass and repetitive backing track, but I do enjoy the song

Track L: The last song and it brought the tape to a close, it was at a mild tempo so that it had enough energy to say ‘yay you made it to the end’, but not too much to say ha were just going to cut you off now!

Pretty rad mixtape, even with the artists I knew ;)