✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 7th Mixtape Exchange (1ST POST UPDATE)

ivet

phew! at least i don't get a muse mixtape :botoxlips:

all mixtapes that were turned in have been sent!

if you haven't recieved a mixtape, and you turned one in, sorry, your partner hasn't turned one in.

OH MY GOD. NOT AGAIN. ;_____;

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:

so the complete tracklisting:

1. How Do You Do It- Quiet Company

2. Vaporize- Broken Bells

3. So Far Away- The National

4. Shadowcasting- Ra Ra Riot

5. Something Good Can Work- Two Door Cinema Club

6. Don't You Evah- Spoon

7. On My Way Back Home- Band of Horses

8. How Much More- Stars

9. Airplanes- Local Natives

10. Sweetness Follows- R.E.M.

11. Held in the Arms of Your Words- Tired Pony

12. For the Summer- Ray LaMontagne

13. Winter Winds- Mumford & Sons

14. My Boy Builds Coffins- Florence + the Machine

15. Consolation Prizes- Phoenix

16. Moth's Wings- Passion Pit

17. Song for the Asking- Simon & Garfunkle

link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tand78li8zjycd2

Looks like a good mix!

My inbox is empty :shifty:

I was SO nervous about this as it's my first time doing this, but I'm glad you like it :D I wasn't able to stalk you very well, but I saw you liked Enya, Norah Jones and Elbow etc. so I figured you would like atmospheric music :)

And I realised I didn't have any female singers on my Itunes so I panicked a bit! What is your favourite track? xxx

Wow, you're great at character judgement :D My favourite is Track 6, 15 and 17. The Killers was by far my favourite. I only know several songs from them, and I love them all. I wonder why I haven't bought any of their albums. I should get one RIGHT NOW!!! And again, that's an amazing mixtape.

THANKS

That was mine!

1-Blood-The Middle East

2-On Fire-Switchfoot

3-Tower of Learning-Rufus Wainwright

4-Don't You Wanna Share the Guilt-Kate Nash

5-Flaws-Bombay Bicycle Club

6-Softship-Seabear

7-Cigarettes Wedding Bands-Band of Horses

8-Shook-Mobb Deep and Sigur Ros mash-up

9-Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise-Avett Brothers

10-Autumn-Paolo Nutini

11-Power Remix-Kanye West

12-Equestrian-U.S. Royalty

13-My Body-Young the Giant

14-Quiet Things No One Ever Knows-Brand New

Thanks Nick :D

OK. I'm ready to post my review now.

The very first thing I thought of when I clicked on the link for it was, "Awww, only 10 songs? :sad:" I shouldn't be like that, as a lot of albums only have 10 songs on them, but I like a lot of music. :tongue:

Anyway, here's what I thought of it:

1. I really like this an awful lot. I was confused at first as to why the longest track was first, but it makes more sense after realizing it was an instrumental track. This is how I would imagine And So I Watch You Afar sounding like if they created softer music. As they're loud, though, I know it's not them. I can't wait to find out who this is. This was a great choice for an opener; it's very calm, and it's also in E major, which just happens to be my favorite key. :nice:

2. The beginning is really nice on this. It's also in E major, so yay for you. :smiley: The group singing is rather nice. Actually, my first impression on this was how the main singer sounds a LOT like Sufjan Stevens. I actually went through all my Sufjan music in my library to make sure it wasn't him. It's not, so I'm perplexed as to who this could be. Whenever I find out, though, I will most certainly look into it. This song is a great example of the type of folky music that I love to listen to.

3. I like the bend in pitches in the guitar part. I don't like how the vocals are so soft compared to everything else; I can't really hear the words or anything. However, what I can hear kinda reminds me of Matt Berninger of The National in the sense that like Matt's, the vocals are in the baritone/bass range, and I like that. The backgrounf music is really nice, but it overpowers the vocals. I guess the balance is the only issue I have with the song. It's still nice.

4. The beginning reminded me of "The Man Who Can't Be Moved" by The Script, for some strange reason. :confused: Anyway, this is a track where I had to listen to a bit to get used to the vocals. The first time I listened to this, I was kinda put off. With more listens, though, it got better, and the further it gets into the song, the better it gets, too. The song itself is kinda cute; it's got the bells going on in the background, and that's kinda cheeky. :blush:

5. I really liked it-that is, until the vocalist came in. With Track 4, it didn't take a lot of listens for my ear to adjust. I think this one might take a few more. That doesn't mean I hate the song; the guitars are actually catchy and quite nice. That's what I really tried to pay attention to more than anything when listening to the song, and if I do that, I find that I like the song a lot more.

6. What language was that in the beginning? I'm so lost. :laugh4: Anyway, after that bit, I got really into it with the guitars and the "NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAAAH" at the beginning. I like the vocals on this quite a bit; I think it's because it matches the attitude and sound of the song so much. It's got a sort of folkiness in it, but it's still generally indie rock-ish. It's hard to describe. All I know is that this song is incredibly catchy, and I like it an awful lot. :heart:

7. I'm not really sure what the beginning reminded me of, but it most certainly reminded me of something. I know that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Oh well. :tongue: When the vocals came in, I was kinda reminded of the '80s. It had that feel to it, with the way they're put into the song. Again, I'm not making a lot of sense. I can't help but help this artist sounds familiar. I woudn't take my word on that, though, since I've done that before on other mixtape reviews and been completely wrong. HAHA. :tongue:

8. This one I knew instantly. It's "Life in a Glass House" by Radiohead. There's not much more to say about this because...well, it's Radiohead. I don't know if my mixtape partner was aware of how much I love this band. :wacky: Anyway, thanks for reminding me I should listen to this particular song more often. :nice:

9. That's a lot of bells at the beginning. Interesting. This kinda has a classic feel to it. The vocals have a Bob Dylan feel to them, but it's not Bob Dylan. That's good, though, because I don't really care much for Bob Dylan, anyway. (Don't judge me. :tongue:) The vocals are a hit/miss, depending on the parts. Some of it is OK, and other parts are kinda just like, "Um, no." The music itself is nice, though. I find that I often like the background music better, anyway. :lol:

10. This song served as a very nice closer to the whole thing. The chord progression in the beginning was great. The vocals are so great. It's like Guy Garvey and Owen Pallett had a love child. :wacky: No, seriously. It has that raspiness that Guy Garvey has, but the singing itself sounds an awful lot like Owen Pallett. I really want to know who this is. Seriously. I need to listen to more of this. NOM NOM NOM.

Anyway, whoever you are, my mixtape maker, I thank you. You've given me a rather nice tape. I'm quite pleased. :nice: I'm sorry my review wasn't incredibly long. I hope you don't mind.

Now. REVEAL YOURSELF! :cheesy:

So many review already!

Here is mine.

I wrote this review while listening so I must have done a lot of mistakes. I'm sorry for my bad and poor english, hope you can still understand.

1 - Start with violins then drums. It’s quiet along the all track. It’s nice to open the mixtape. It sounds like a soundtrack for a film.

2 - As the 1st track it’s introduce by violins. A woman voice now, that’s a catchy pop song a bit jazzy. The violins are back at the middle of the song, that maybe too much now. Plus 5 min it’s too long for that sort of song.

3 - This time the piano introduces the song. A woman singer, a haunting air, a beautiful voice but I'm not very into woman voice. Slow song, very conventional. At ¾ of the song, slight darkening of the song, but nothing really exciting.

4 - James Morrison! I love this song and the singer's voice. Regarding its place in the mixtape, it continues what has been done before, sweet songs and calm music.

Mainstream pleasant pop.

5 - It starts to get more nervous. A voice like Gnarls Barkley in the song Crazy. The music is much more interesting, but I don't like that voice. Is the mixtape takes a new twist?

6 - Finally no big change in the mixtape style, it simply passes to male voices but always conventional voice (well pretty without roughness), although a little more interesting than for the first 4 tracks and more rhythmic.

7 - Rather nice piano introduction. The voice of the singer is still a very nice voice. The piano is the main instrument of this track with a female voice that seems quite assertive and powerful. But still that smooth side where it lacks a little craziness. A few seconds before it ends it turns to a Russian style. Is it because the singer is Russian?

8 - I don't like this song. One-republic style. I'm sorry

9 - Pop music again, but the air is much more catchy and "happy", but still these voices very smooth for me and who are not recognizable. When I listen to it I hear The Killer mixed with Keane. I'm probably wrong but for me all these songs are the same. I'm not saying they aren't good because I find them nice to listen, but it's just always the same, there is no originality in the voice nor the music.

10 - Very long "momno-instrumental" intro, the voice is more interesting than the previous ones. But it makes me want to sleep.

11 - Again a soft and pop song. Again too classic, no originality and finally James Morrison could sing this song and nobody will find that it is not his song. Music and voice interchangeably (?).

12 A Male voice again. Sound like Keane (I can't hear any guitar).

13 - This intro is much better. No smooth voice. Finally some changes! The instruments stand out more than on other songs, they are highlighted and we want to listen to them.

14 - It Looks like Editor. I was talking about them a few days ago with Sofia and I told her I didn't like that kind of voice, though I tried. I'm really sorry.

However on this track there is more intensity than on others, I feel much more emotions from the singer's voice. Same for the instruments, they are much more emphasized as the first tracks.

15 - The National?

16 - I don't really know how to describe this song with English words but I like it. There is a real intro, a real progression and a real ending.

17 - Returning on a classical voice and piano pop song, but it goes better with the last tracks.

Overall I haven't really liked this mixtape. It is a chain of music that are similar, a similar pattern instrument-voices and very smooth. The end of the mixtape was better.

Anyway I want to thank and know who is behind this mixtape because I also heard some interesting things (such as 2, 4, 9, 13 and 16). It's just the way you mix the songs, it was a bit boring at the beginning.

I hope not to hurt my partner because it is just my point of view. :)

Woots! :wacky: Alright, let me start. :| I wrote a brief review for every track and evaluated them on a 10-points scale. And there are 21 tracks total :freak:

Track 1

Sounds fresh and decent. It is really a good choice for an opening track. (8.5/10)

Track 2

Gorillaz? Maybe not, but it sounds like Damon Albarn to me. And that'd be the reason why I like it! Other than that, I like the song overall, it sounds so euphoric. (8.5/10)

Track 3

Rock-ish, with booming cymbals and snares. Pretty good. (8/10)

Track 4

"Keep on feelingggg Keep on feelingggg" :D One Life Stand by Hot Chip! One of my favorite Hot Chip's songs. (7/10)

Track 5

I had hard time to fit myself from Hot Chip's catchiness to this track's partial jazz feeling (maybe because of the saxophone!) :lol: Just okay. (5/10)

Track 6

This track sounds old and classic :P At the beginning, I was like "err?" but it later grows on me, and at the end of the track I really love it! A new discovery for me. (8/10)

Track 7

To be honest, I don't really fancy female vocalists, but this lady really gives my ears a wake-up call. The first few seconds of track have succesfully captivated my interest on the track. A good one. (7.5/10)

Track 8

Quite dark. The hype of excitement from the previous track doesn't blend with this song's mood, but anyway it's not a big matter. But overall this track is just okay. (5.5/10)

Track 9

Kettering by The Antlers! Undoubtedly my favorite The Antlers' song! This song is really sad, oh my god the lyrics are so sorrow, the song is so gloomy T.T Love it. (9/10)

Track 10

That fa fa fa part, I'm not sure about the correct lyrics but it appears as FUCK FUCK FUCKKKK FFFUUUUU to me :lol: Such a light track, I enjoy the song very much! (7/10)

Track 11

Sounds like a modernized Beirut! I like it! Short and nice. (7.5/10)

Track 12

As I mentioned before, I don't really fancy female vocalists. Maybe that what makes me to feel less interested with this track although it's not a bad track. But even though I don't really like this track as a whole, I actually picked up a few parts though. (6/10)

Track 13

Piano instrumental :wideeyed: Love the way how it begins slowly, and gets fast minute by minute. (7.5/10)

Track 14

ehhhh this is not bad! Another instrumental song, with two different instruments. I like it! (7/10)

Track 15

omg this song sounds very old :surprised: Sounds so 50's :p Not a fan of old songs, but this one works for me (6.5/10)

Track 16

...same review as Track 15 lol. I just have no idea how to comment on these kinds of songs :lol: (6/10)

Track 17

"Old man look at my life I'm a lot like you were" - this line tickled my fancy. Old, folky mood, it's pretty good. (7/10)

Track 18

Is this The Doors? At first, I didn't like it, but after second listen it kinda grows on me. (7/10)

Track 19

The guitar riff is simple but sounds astonishing to me. But overall it is just okay. (6.5/10)

Track 20

The intro sounds so goooooood! It's awesome. (7.5/10)

Track 21

Frankly speaking, I find this is not a good song to end a mixtape. This song doesn't have the majestic and bizarre feeling to like, summarize the goodness of the whole mixtape. It is not a bad song after all. (5.5/10)

Overall review

The first part of the mixtape (Track 1 - 12) are the best part, as most of them are indie and alternative. For the second part of the mixtape (Track 13-14) are mainly instrumentals, and it was fine to me. I am not a big fan of instrumental songs, but this mixtape gives me an opportunity to give this kind of songs a shot, and yeah I like them. The third part of the mixtape (Track 15-21) is the most tricky. As I don't really listen to old songs, I was a little surprised because I received a mixtape in which 40% of the tracks are old songs! I have no idea how to write a review for these tracks, but I did try my best to do so even it wasn't my cup of tea. :\ I'm really sorry if my review doesn't satisfy anyone's preference, it's just my personal opinion. But at least this mixtape gives me a wakeup call that not all old songs are dull and boring! :D

As a whole, it's a good mixtape, but 21 songs total are too much! :freak: :p

It has a good flow, except for the transition for a few songs, but it's not a huge flaw after all. And I think you forgot to remove the information for a few songs, so I got to know there are Iggy Pop, The Doors and Yann Tiersen in your mixtape. :dozey: :P

Thanks for the mixtape, now I am ready to know who you are! :wiseguy:

Hey, loudefix. I was the one who made your mix.

I'm sorry you didn't like it very much. I think what happened is that I took a bit more literal approach to making this mixtape, and I put what I put on it based on what your Last.fm tastes revealed to me that you liked. I took similar artists and ran with it. We don't have a huge amount of taste in common, anyway, so I guess in a way, that made it slightly more difficult.

So many review already!

Here is mine.

I wrote this review while listening so I must have done a lot of mistakes. I'm sorry for my bad and poor english, hope you can still understand.

1 - Start with violins then drums. It’s quiet along the all track. It’s nice to open the mixtape. It sounds like a soundtrack for a film.

Thanks. This is "Pitter Patter Goes My Heart" by Broken Social Scene. I thought because it was instrumental, it would make a really nice opening track, and it segues into the next one rather nicely.

2 - As the 1st track it’s introduce by violins. A woman voice now, that’s a catchy pop song a bit jazzy. The violins are back at the middle of the song, that maybe too much now. Plus 5 min it’s too long for that sort of song.

This is "Call Me When You Get This" by Corinne Bailey Rae. It's pretty much my favorite song by her. :wacky: I'm sorry you found it too long.

3 - This time the piano introduces the song. A woman singer, a haunting air, a beautiful voice but I'm not very into woman voice. Slow song, very conventional. At ¾ of the song, slight darkening of the song, but nothing really exciting.

This is "All My Stars Aligned" by St. Vincent. Again, this is my favorite number of hers. I think it's quite beautilful, especially lyrically. I'm sorry you didn't like her voice. :/

4 - James Morrison! I love this song and the singer's voice. Regarding its place in the mixtape, it continues what has been done before, sweet songs and calm music.

Mainstream pleasant pop.

Oh, you recognized it? Sweet. :cheesy: For those who are curious, this is "If You Don't Wanna Love Me" by James Morrison.

5 - It starts to get more nervous. A voice like Gnarls Barkley in the song Crazy. The music is much more interesting, but I don't like that voice. Is the mixtape takes a new twist?

Well, it's like Gnarls Barkley because it IS Gnarls Barkley. :laugh4: This is Gnarls Barkley's "Just a Thought."

6 - Finally no big change in the mixtape style, it simply passes to male voices but always conventional voice (well pretty without roughness), although a little more interesting than for the first 4 tracks and more rhythmic.

Wow, I'm on a roll of boring mess, aren't I? :tongue: This is "Suddenly Everything Has Changed" by The Postal Service. They've only released one album, and this song is a B-side from one of their EPs.

7 - Rather nice piano introduction. The voice of the singer is still a very nice voice. The piano is the main instrument of this track with a female voice that seems quite assertive and powerful. But still that smooth side where it lacks a little craziness. A few seconds before it ends it turns to a Russian style. Is it because the singer is Russian?

Well, yes, she is. :nice: This song is "The Flowers" by Regina Spektor. Regina was born in Moscow and raised there until her family moved to the United States when she was 9.

8 - I don't like this song. One-republic style. I'm sorry

OOPS. :embarrassed: Sorry. This is "Illuminated" by Hurts. I've been hooked on this duo for a while now, and I thought you might like it, too. :shrug:

9 - Pop music again, but the air is much more catchy and "happy", but still these voices very smooth for me and who are not recognizable. When I listen to it I hear The Killer mixed with Keane. I'm probably wrong but for me all these songs are the same. I'm not saying they aren't good because I find them nice to listen, but it's just always the same, there is no originality in the voice nor the music.

I wouldn't really call Fanfarlo pop, but that's cool. :tongue: This is Fanfarlo's "Fire Escape." I myself am slightly reminded of Beirut due to the vocals, and since I saw you liked Beirut, I thought you might like this, too. :smiley:

10 - Very long "momno-instrumental" intro, the voice is more interesting than the previous ones. But it makes me want to sleep.

And that's bad? :tongue: This is "Babys" by Bon Iver. I didn't want to make the mistake of putting a Bon Iver track that was recognizable, so I picked this one off his "Blood Bank" EP instead.

11 - Again a soft and pop song. Again too classic, no originality and finally James Morrison could sing this song and nobody will find that it is not his song. Music and voice interchangeably (?).

I can see what you mean by the style, but I don't think the singers sound alike at all. Maybe it's because I've been listening to this artist a lot more. :shrug: Anyway, this is "Giving Everything Away for Free" by Daniel Merriweather, who hails from Australia.

12 A Male voice again. Sound like Keane (I can't hear any guitar).

Your assumption is correct. This is indeed Keane. It's "Hamburg Song," to be precise. It's one of my faves. :wacky:

13 - This intro is much better. No smooth voice. Finally some changes! The instruments stand out more than on other songs, they are highlighted and we want to listen to them.

Note to self: place more upbeat things on mixtapes for people like you. This is "Resurrection" by The Temper Trap. This is my favorite from their debut album "Conditions," which was released last year.

14 - It Looks like Editor. I was talking about them a few days ago with Sofia and I told her I didn't like that kind of voice, though I tried. I'm really sorry.

However on this track there is more intensity than on others, I feel much more emotions from the singer's voice. Same for the instruments, they are much more emphasized as the first tracks.

Actually, this wasn't Editors. However, you've just told me that I should definitely talk with Sofia more, because I totally didn't know she liked them. :cheesy: This is "Nothing to Give" by White Lies, who often gets confused with Editors and are labeled as super similar to them. I'm sorry you didn't like the voice.

15 - The National?

Yep. :wacky: This is "The Geese of Beverly Road," from their 2005 album, "Alligator."

16 - I don't really know how to describe this song with English words but I like it. There is a real intro, a real progression and a real ending.

I'm glad I put this one on here, then. This is "Sea Lion Woman" by Feist. I've always found this song incredibly catchy. Interestingly enough, she was also part of Broken Social Scene at one point.

17 - Returning on a classical voice and piano pop song, but it goes better with the last tracks.

That's why I saved this one for last. This is "Autumn" by Paolo Nutini. I learned just recently that Nick also put this on his mixtape, so I guess this is just one of those songs that tends to work. :shrug: Ionno.

Overall I haven't really liked this mixtape. It is a chain of music that are similar, a similar pattern instrument-voices and very smooth. The end of the mixtape was better.

Anyway I want to thank and know who is behind this mixtape because I also heard some interesting things (such as 2, 4, 9, 13 and 16). It's just the way you mix the songs, it was a bit boring at the beginning.

I hope not to hurt my partner because it is just my point of view. :)

Anyway, I'm really, really sorry it wasn't your cup of tea. :/ I will 'fess up and say that I kinda put it in order at the last minute, and I probably could've made the order a tad better. I doubt it would've mattered, though, since as I said, it's not stuff you seemed to really like. I am quite happy that you at least did find a few things that you were rather pleased to hear, so that in itself is an accomplishment. :nice:

Also, as a side note, your English isn't bad, and even if it were, you're not a native speaker, so it's OK. I know people here who are native speakers and don't understand concept of grammar at all. :bomb:

OK, so, for everyone, here's the track listing put all together:

1. "Pitter Patter Goes My Heart"-Broken Social Scene (You Forgot It In People, 2002)

2. "Call Me When You Get This"-Corinne Bailey Rae (Corinne Bailey Rae, 2006)

3. "All My Stars Aligned"-St. Vincent (Marry Me, 2007)

4. "If You Don't Wanna Love Me"-James Morrison (Songs for You, Truths for Me, 2008)

5. "Just a Thought"-Gnarls Barkley (St. Elsewhere, 2006)

6. "Suddenly Everything Has Changed"-The Postal Service (The District Sleeps Alone Tonight EP, 2003)

7. "The Flowers"-Regina Spektor (Soviet Kitsch, 2004)

8. "Illuminated"-Hurts (Happiness, 2010)

9. "Fire Escape"-Fanfarlo (Reservoir, 2009)

10. "Babys"-Bon Iver (Blood Bank EP, 2009)

11. "Giving Everything Away for Free"-Daniel Merriweather (Love & War, 2009)

12. "Hamburg Song"-Keane (Under the Iron Sea, 2006)

13. "Resurrection"-The Temper Trap (Conditions, 2009)

14. "Nothing to Give"-White Lies (To Lose My Life..., 2009)

15. "The Geese of Beverly Road"-The National (Alligator, 2005)

16. "Sea Lion Woman"-Feist (The Reminder, 2007)

17. "Autumn"-Paolo Nutini (These Streets, 2006)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tszpkyb2f5ijtyc

Nick,edit your post and post the linkey, deary :botoxlips:

darkchoc92, you need the tracklist and the link posted as well :P

And Erika, I'm sorry :disappointed:

Is my person a regular who is likely to send it in soon or is it a newfag with less than 500 posts? ;D

Hey, loudefix. I was the one who made your mix.

I'm sorry you didn't like it very much. I think what happened is that I took a bit more literal approach to making this mixtape, and I put what I put on it based on what your Last.fm tastes revealed to me that you liked. I took similar artists and ran with it. We don't have a huge amount of taste in common, anyway, so I guess in a way, that made it slightly more difficult.

Anyway, I'm really, really sorry it wasn't your cup of tea. :/ I will 'fess up and say that I kinda put it in order at the last minute, and I probably could've made the order a tad better. I doubt it would've mattered, though, since as I said, it's not stuff you seemed to really like. I am quite happy that you at least did find a few things that you were rather pleased to hear, so that in itself is an accomplishment. :nice:

Also, as a side note, your English isn't bad, and even if it were, you're not a native speaker, so it's OK. I know people here who are native speakers and don't understand concept of grammar at all. :bomb:

OK, so, for everyone, here's the track listing put all together:

1. "Pitter Patter Goes My Heart"-Broken Social Scene (You Forgot It In People, 2002)

2. "Call Me When You Get This"-Corinne Bailey Rae (Corinne Bailey Rae, 2006)

3. "All My Stars Aligned"-St. Vincent (Marry Me, 2007)

4. "If You Don't Wanna Love Me"-James Morrison (Songs for You, Truths for Me, 2008)

5. "Just a Thought"-Gnarls Barkley (St. Elsewhere, 2006)

6. "Suddenly Everything Has Changed"-The Postal Service (The District Sleeps Alone Tonight EP, 2003)

7. "The Flowers"-Regina Spektor (Soviet Kitsch, 2004)

8. "Illuminated"-Hurts (Happiness, 2010)

9. "Fire Escape"-Fanfarlo (Reservoir, 2009)

10. "Babys"-Bon Iver (Blood Bank EP, 2009)

11. "Giving Everything Away for Free"-Daniel Merriweather (Love & War, 2009)

12. "Hamburg Song"-Keane (Under the Iron Sea, 2006)

13. "Resurrection"-The Temper Trap (Conditions, 2009)

14. "Nothing to Give"-White Lies (To Lose My Life..., 2009)

15. "The Geese of Beverly Road"-The National (Alligator, 2005)

16. "Sea Lion Woman"-Feist (The Reminder, 2007)

17. "Autumn"-Paolo Nutini (These Streets, 2006)

A link will be up soon enough.

OMG I feel so bad now I'm reading again my review :embarrassed:

To your defense I'm hard to please. I generaly dislike a lot of song that I'll love few weeks later :confused:. And don't feel sorry I still had a grat time listening your tape and feel really glad you made it.

Did I said that I don't like a St Vincent song? :embarrassed: again. I love her voice and I love that band. (Plus I can't hate the name of the band because vincent is my last name :lol:).

Sorry. This is "Illuminated" by Hurts. I've been hooked on this duo for a while now, and I thought you might like it, too
I never listen to Hurts but even if didn't like that song I'll check their music. So many people seems to like them.

Note to self: place more upbeat things on mixtapes for people like you. This is "Resurrection" by The Temper Trap. This is my favorite from their debut album "Conditions," which was released last year.
I must go to the doctor because I said bad comments about St Vincent and right after I said something good about The Temper Trap. I saw them few months ago and had an horrible time. I don't know what to think and what happens to me. :rolleyes4:

And fiest :awesome: I love her voice.

Thank you for the feedback and the tracklist :)

And you should definitly talk more with Sofia :whip: