✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[4-June-2011] Coldplay @ Rock am Ring: Nürburgring, Germany (Live Stream links in 1st post)

r25d01

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...so I've been watching the concert and listening to the new songs.

I love Coldplay all over again. I mean, this new stuff... it's BRILLIANT. :dazzled:

Hurts Like Heaven is ridiculously catchy and kind of reminds me of Green Day's early stuff. (And the "heart as a weapon" line always makes me think of the cover of American Idiot. Always.)

Major Minus is quite possibly my favorite of the concert-first bunch. The tune is awesome, the riffs in it are smashing, the lyrics... I am in love with the lyrics to this song. Especially "those crocodiles taking over the world." That is an epic lyric. I'd love this to be a single – I'm thinking the next "Clocks."

Cartoon Heart (I REFUSE to call it Charlie Brown) is anthemic and awesome and has wonderful lyrics (I'm fond of "I took a car downtown to where the Lost Boys meet" and "they gave me what I need/to set me free") and could easily be the next "Viva La Vida."

Us Against The World is beautiful. Sublimely so. Someone said it reminded them of Leonard Cohen – I agree 100%. It's like if "Hallelujah" and "Til Kingdom Come" had a song baby. Just beautiful. And then Will comes in and then Guy and Jonny and.... ohhhhhh, so beautiful!

I already loved ETIAW, so the live version was just icing on the cake for me.

...so yeah, I LOVE the new stuff, and demand a release date for LP5 (which will most likely be titled Major Minus or MX.)

Any questions?

...so I've been watching the concert and listening to the new songs.

I love Coldplay all over again. I mean, this new stuff... it's BRILLIANT. :dazzled:

Hurts Like Heaven is ridiculously catchy and kind of reminds me of Green Day's early stuff. (And the "heart as a weapon" line always makes me think of the cover of American Idiot. Always.)

Major Minus is quite possibly my favorite of the concert-first bunch. The tune is awesome, the riffs in it are smashing, the lyrics... I am in love with the lyrics to this song. Especially "those crocodiles taking over the world." That is an epic lyric. I'd love this to be a single – I'm thinking the next "Clocks."

Cartoon Heart (I REFUSE to call it Charlie Brown) is anthemic and awesome and has wonderful lyrics (I'm fond of "I took a car downtown to where the Lost Boys meet" and "they gave me what I need/to set me free") and could easily be the next "Viva La Vida."

Us Against The World is beautiful. Sublimely so. Someone said it reminded them of Leonard Cohen – I agree 100%. It's like if "Hallelujah" and "Til Kingdom Come" had a song baby. Just beautiful. And then Will comes in and then Guy and Jonny and.... ohhhhhh, so beautiful!

I already loved ETIAW, so the live version was just icing on the cake for me.

...so yeah, I LOVE the new stuff, and demand a release date for LP5 (which will most likely be titled Major Minus or MX.)

Any questions?

well said!!! I also demand a release of LP5 soon!

I agree about that song's name... Charlie Brown isn't a bad name... But CARTOON HEART just sounds so beautiful... and suites the song better I think. I sort of hope they see that fans like the latter name better and rename it!

Dunno if any one else has posted this... but here are some pics from the live show: http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamring2011/__inc/gallery/ddgal.php?v=gal3&x=aa968850a9d255494612acd0552f8fcd

I agree about that song's name... Charlie Brown isn't a bad name... But CARTOON HEART just sounds so beautiful... and suites the song better I think. I sort of hope they see that fans like the latter name better and rename it!

Dunno if any one else has posted this... but here are some pics from the live show: http://www.swr3.de/specials/rockamring2011/__inc/gallery/ddgal.php?v=gal3&x=aa968850a9d255494612acd0552f8fcd

Thanks for the pics! I also prefer Cartoon Heart.

Agree about "Cartoon Heart" being the better name. But yeah -- that song absolutely makes me weak in the knees. I love all the new songs, and hearing them like this has made it exceptionally harder to wait for this next album.

The entire concert was just spot on -- especially Chris' voice. Goosebumps. I just... -- I can't even describe the love and pride I feel for them right now. Off the charts.

I agree about the new stuff - it's all brilliant, and there can't be enough praise for Coldplay from me! They've lightened and brightened my weekend, the upcoming week, the upcoming summer, and the LP5-era band is going to be part of what made 2011 and the upcoming years a really good time to be living and a coldplay fan!

I'd like there to be a special mention for the old songs as well though - GPASUYF especially, since it is just... wow!! It was one of the best performances of that song - along with the one from Live 2003. And even though the techno mix with Talk during the Viva tour was nice and a change of pace/style, playing it this way is much, much better in my opinion!

And bringing back Life is for Living was an excellent choice as well!

It seems to me that, strangely enough, the reason why those old songs were really fun to watch is thanks to the other members of the band - and special mention for Jonny. If Chris became a rock star pretty early, Jonny seems to be "exteriorising" himself more and more - and this really struck me during GPASUYF (at the end when he's right up against the amps - woot!) LP5-era Jonny is awesome!

A wonderful show all around - the new songs, the old songs, the band. The future's looking bright - or as somebody much more famous than me put it recently: "Heaven is in sight"

Reading what I just wrote, it sounds ridiculously over-enthusiastic. But that's just how I'm feeling right now - thanks to Coldplay.

Anyone else noticed that every band member has that radio transmitter logo on their jackets? Under that picture there are three nearly readable words (starting with M)??? I'm also thinking maybe the pictures on those large circular badges (with the spirally squiggly lines) could be the album cover.

I THINK the first two words are "Major Minus". But the third... media? motiva? motha? It's driving me nuts.

Also I must say I'm really getting excited about this album now. The songs we've heard so far are great... but I get this funny feeling Coldplay haven't revealed the best tracks for the album just yet... I haven't seen Guy play the Mandolin-banjo yet (apparently there's a song in which he plays that in a funny way) and we're yet to hear the song about UFO's.

Again not sure if this has been posted before... but here's a better quality version of Hurts Like Heaven... with the whole intro in the beginning...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_fEWsM4mNc&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Coldplay - " Hurts Like Heaven " HQ Live @ Rock am Ring festival : Nürburgring, Germany‬‏[/ame]

Fucking good song.

I can't wait to hear the studio versions of these songs!!!!