✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha yeah this year the price increased 10€ :( so is gonna be 100€ and so far no big confirmations, except for Foo Fighters :D but its almost sure that im going to PinkPop festival next year, so ill pass our festival here, unless Coldplay is playing :P :D

I adore/love/aime/ich liebe disch/amo Ed Ved :heart::blush:

:lol:

Nooo !

Don't go to Pinkpop ! Come to Rock Werchter here in Belgium !!!! :D :D :D

Really !

The atmosphere is WAY better here !

Belgians are better party go - ers then Nederlandish ..

And Coldplay plays at Werchter !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Iar_tm4Lg0]YouTube - viva la vida- Coldplay live@ Rock Werchter festival[/ame]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Eddie , yesterday :dance:

:vuvuzela:

yeah i know that,i wish could to werchter instead, but its a bit expensive and my friend lives like 70 km from pinkpop ( she´s belgian as well ) and i have more friends from holland that are coming too :) thats why, we used to meet once a year :)

oh okay , I understand !

Werchter is expensive indeed :disappointed:

Well , I might go too , last year theu had Kasabian coming , and no festival in Belgium had Kasabian :P

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Eddie , yesterday :dance:

:vuvuzela:

oh okay , I understand !

Werchter is expensive indeed :disappointed:

Well , I might go too , last year theu had Kasabian coming , and no festival in Belgium had Kasabian :P

oh thats sad, i loved Kasabian live :) always wanted to see them live and they rocked!

ok :D i might bring my portuguese flag with me to pinkpop, so if you see any, just spell BLUUUUEEEEE or KLAAAAAAU :lol: hopefully its me and not other portuguese person :lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDRI3X1u98U&feature=related]YouTube - Pearl Jam Live In Texas 2010 part 2/4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqOwexSdxsw&feature=related]YouTube - Pearl Jam Live In Texas 2010 part 3/4[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE_iGFdCeIA&feature=related]YouTube - Pearl Jam | Live in Texas [4/4][/ame]

oh thats sad, i loved Kasabian live :) always wanted to see them live and they rocked!

ok :D i might bring my portuguese flag with me to pinkpop, so if you see any, just spell BLUUUUEEEEE or KLAAAAAAU :lol: hopefully its me and not other portuguese person :lol:

yeah , I went to a Kasabian concert , they rock indeed ! :wacky:

:lol: haha ok , I'll do that !

Thank you very much dejan :heart:

do you know any way how to upload this gig ? :uhoh:

EDIT: Ignore my question!!! I already have this on dvd !! :facepalm::lol: i knew it sounded familiar :awesome:

here is its cover

00-pearl_jam-live_in_texas-dvd-2010-front.jpg

I think its not offcial, but i found it in this music store and bought it while ago :)

• 2 weeks later...

Happy PJ20 Ten Club!

2011 will be a yearlong celebration of Pearl Jam’s twenty-year history. The anniversary festivities kick off in a few weeks with the release of Live on Ten Legs.

A hint of what more to expect in the months ahead:

- A spring reissue of Vs. and Vitalogy in new, deluxe formats;

- The release of Cameron Crowe’s film, Pearl Jam Twenty, along with an accompanying book and soundtrack album;

- A 20th anniversary destination weekend bash sometime in late summer;

- Plus a number of special events and new, unexpected releases!

Stay tuned here for the latest news.

:wideeyed: *drool* im really curious about that film!

but I don't like those re-issues ...

I hate them actually .... :disappointed:

Stereophonics did that too !

Who buys them ?

I mean , if you just bought it and a month later they re-ussue it ,better ...

:confused:

Even if Oasis did that , I think I wouldn't buy them !

Only the older bands , I can understand , Like the Beatles , they are better remastered ...

about time Vs and Vitalogy get re-issued. we might finally get a proper releases of the footage from their 1995 Australian tour, sick of watching crappy VHS quality footage. i hope this also involves a few more special release bootlegs from their vaults of shows from their early days.

that movie sounds pretty cool but i doubt those special gigs they have planned would include sydney :(

^ I miss early PJ when they were so full of piss and vinegar.

And I am excited about the re-issues. I always buy them for some reason, even when they turn out to be a disappointment (cough, cough U2). If I recall correctly (since I haven't listened to it in awhile), the Ten re-issue did have a noticeable improvement in sound quality.

^^

yeah Ten was a pretty poorly produced album so the re-issue was much needed. but the so called "remix" wasnt very well received as it took much of the soul out the record. the best thing about the Ten reissue was the release of their legendary MTV unplugged performance on dvd, its a shame it has been overshadowed by Nirvana's which i admit is superior but PJ's performance deserves more credit than it gets.

^ MTV unplugged use to showcase unbelievable talent. Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Stone Temple Pilots all knocked it out of the park. I'm sure I'm missing a few, but I'm thinking of similar artists.

Edit: I might even have to say that the Alice in Chains' Unplugged is my favorite of all time. Listen to Nutshell or Down in a Hole. Those songs are heavy, heavy, heavy. Layne, like Kurt, was near the end of his life at that point. AIC is a flipping fantastic band. 90s alt music was just awesome. Probably my all time favorite genre.

• 4 weeks later...

whoaaaaaa great news!!

Translation of the article seen here: http://www.sonymusic.se/nyheter/pearl-jams-klassiska-album-vs-och-vitalogy-slapps-i-nya-utgavor

"Sony Music, Epic Records and Legacy Recordings celebrates Pearl Jam's 20th anniversary by releasing new remastered editions with bonus tracks of their second and third album Vs. and Vitalogy,

Vs. and Vitalogy will be available as Definitive Legacy Editions, Deluxe Editions and together in a Limited Edition Collector's Boxed Set from Tuesday 29 March. Both albums will be released on vinyl April 16 In conjunction with Record Store Day 2011th

Pearl Jam is one of the largest and most important bands that have emerged since the 1990s and has sold over 60 million albums.

2011 will be a year full of activities to celebrate the band's anniversary of 20 years as a group. Anniversary kicks off with the release of a live compilation album, Live on Ten Legs in January and followed up with re-release are the Vs. and Vitology in March. Later this autumn, Cameron Crow movie about Pearl Jam - Pearl Jam Twenty, along with a book and a soundtrack album. Include a large number of other PJ20 events and releases during the year and to keep "up-to-date") visit http://www.pearljam.com."

I cant wait to get my hands in those vynil re-issues :D