Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Did I say that I need you?

Did I say that I want you?

Oh if I didn't I'm a fool you see

no one knows this more than me

as I come clean

stay with me

let's just breatheeeeee...

someone teach me how to play this!!!! :heart:

There's this one song by Pearl Jam that's playing every time I turn on the radio that annoys me, are they all like that? -.-

(I don't know what the song's called)

Then you are really lucky :p :laugh4:

I was there :disappointed: i still feel really sad everytime i remeber that!!!! but oh well.. at least we got one of the best setlist from this tour :) and im really glad that Eddie choose us to tell us this...

This .. makes me so sighs and cry :heart:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOwgMNb90pM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Pearl Jam @ Optimus Alive 2010 - Music for PORTUGAL[/ame]

So fuckin special!!!!!!!!!!!! they did the same thing when they 1st played here in 1996.. now Eddie just add a lyric to the song :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ghlrXeC2A]YouTube- Pearl Jam - Portugal Chant - Jam (Cascais, 1996)[/ame]

1. It is what Pearl Jam sounds like in one sense - after all, it is a Pearl Jam song. I am sure the song is mainly influenced by Eddie Vedder, since it sounds almost exactly like something off his Into The Wild soundtrack.

2. Pearl Jam has an evolving sound, so, no, it is not ONLY "what Pearl Jam is like".

3. Save Radiohead, Pearl Jam is the best band over the last 20 years IMO.

I think Pearl Jam is more of an album band. However, if you are looking for individual songs, I think the Greatest Hits album, "Rearview Mirror," is a nice collection. The first CD has the heavy songs; the second disc has more of the softer songs. Of course, it's far from comprehensive, but in the absence of another logical starting point, it would be my recommendation. If I could only have one song off each of the Greatest Hits discs, I would take "State of Love and Trust" off disc 1 and "Black" off disc 2.

In terms of albums, I would recommend you listen to Ten, Vs., and Vitalogy, and in that order. Most people who like Pearl Jam like those albums. Any album after Vitalogy is for more of the hardcore fan, I would say.

Eddie Vedder's voice can be an acquired taste, so there may not be an immediate connection. I think he's great, though.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love it if you recommended me some of their songs. :nice:

Alive - Amongst The Waves - Better Man - Black - Brother - Gonna See My Friend - Got Some - Jeremy - Nothingman - Oceans - Once - Porch - The End - The Fixer - Unthought Known

:nice:

As Pearl Jam fans might notice , I love Backspacer :wacky: :smug:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Did I say that I need you?

Did I say that I want you?

Oh if I didn't I'm a fool you see

no one knows this more than me

as I come clean

stay with me

let's just breatheeeeee...

someone teach me how to play this!!!! :heart:

I can play it :cheesy:

I play these Tabs : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/pearl_jam/just_breathe_tab.htm

:nice:

Such a f*cking beautiful song :wacky:

• 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBMejCjliCw]YouTube- "Better Days" - Eddie Vedder[/ame]

First clip of Better Days a song by Eddie Vedder for the movie " Eat,Pray,Love" with Julia Roberts. The soundtrack will have 2 songs by Eddie Vedder :)

:heart:

Thank you for posting it!!

It's a nice song, I'm just starting to listen to more of their stuff.

So far I only really know the soundtrack of "Into The Wild"... :embarrassed:

Pearl Jam is not the easiest listen. A lot of their stuff is not loaded with big hooks or melodies, and it can take awhile to get used to Eddie's voice. However, it's worth the time, in my opinion. Amazing, amazing band.

yaaay ,this thread has people again ... :cheesy:

I heard Pearl Jam wasn't that good at Rock Werchter festival in Belgium , now a lot of friends say they don't like them , But I went a week before Rock werchter and they were f*cking amazing ...

:disappointed:

My physiotherapist is a biiiiiiig fan of them, in fact you could call him a proper fanboy hahaha.

He's jokingly teasing me for liking Muse and Coldplay and says he'll make a CD for me - but only after I've been to Wembley because otherwise I wouldn't be able to still enjoy Muse because I'd love Pearl Jam even more. :lol:

He's adorable.

I downloaded their Austin City Limits performance for him and I quite like it I must say.

Don't know if that was a representative setlist though. :uhoh:

My physiotherapist is a biiiiiiig fan of them, in fact you could call him a proper fanboy hahaha.

He's jokingly teasing me for liking Muse and Coldplay and says he'll make a CD for me - but only after I've been to Wembley because otherwise I wouldn't be able to still enjoy Muse because I'd love Pearl Jam even more. :lol:

He's adorable.

I downloaded their Austin City Limits performance for him and I quite like it I must say.

Don't know if that was a representative setlist though. :uhoh:

That's awesome ...

Pearl Jam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> muse

:D

That Austin City , was a setlist with a lot of Backspacer songs ...

but those are great :wacky:

I'd love to make you a cd also :nice: :p

Haha, I can see you're all pretty convinced they're better. :lol:

Aww, that's nice, but a recommendation of like... let's say about 5 songs would be awesome already!

What other tracks would you suggest I should listen to to get to know PJ better?

Like I said, so far I only know Eddie's Into The Wild soundtrack...