✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if any of you got out to see PJ20, it was pretty f***king awesome! They really focused on the start with Andy Wood and how he shaped the band, especially Stone and Jeff.

Cornell interviews were awesome and helped show the community of the bands around in that city.

Two favourite parts of the film were the performance of 'Breath' in Vancouver where Eddie kind of snaps from calm, shy, nervous Ed to the one that took over the world. Then the Stone interview through his house.

Any fan will love this movie, and its soundtrack was amazing too! It has me super stoked for Sunday and I expect PJ to go into overdrive!

I watched it, like you, im speechless, my favs parts it was when Ed talks about his dad..sad story :( and their performance at singles mtv show :lol:

Its a must see!! i learned a lot more about Pearl Jam and the history envolving Andy Wood, i did not know he was so important for the band :)

Pearl Jam

Pacific Coliseum

Vancouver BC.

Sept 25, 2011

Set List

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

02. Hail Hail

03. Save You

04. Animal

05. Got Some

06. Given To Fly

07. Pilate

08. Unthought Known

09. Garden

10. Evenflow

11. World Wide Suicide

12. Setting Forth

13. Corduory

14. Unemployable

15. Present Tense {"dedicated to Olivia and her mom"}

16. Wishlist

17. Glorified G

18. Lukin

19. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 1

20. Bee Girl

21. Just Breathe

22. Off He Goes

23. Mankind

24. State Of Love And Trust

25. Olé

{Ed asks for a show of hands of those from Seattle. He mentions some people in the front few rows that are just standing there and wishes he could give those seats to the folks in the back "losing their minds". He takes note of sign that says 'Zagreb Remembers'}

26. Alive

Encore Break 2

27. Chloe Dancer/Crown Of Thorns-(Mother Love Bone, A. Wood) {dedicated to Andy Wood and Mother Love Bone}

{After the song Ed brings Bruce Fairweather (of Green River and Mother Love Bone onstage. Then the band brings out George, their long time head technician, and sing happy birthday to him.}

28. Smile

29. Search And Destroy w/ Mark Arm & Steve Turner of Mudhoney-(Pop, Williamson)

30. Rockin' In The Free World w/ Bruce Fairweather & Tim DeJulio-(Young)

31. Yellow Ledbetter

32. Little Wing-(Hendrix) {band plays the song not just a tag at the end of 'Yellow Ledbetter'}

My PJ20 concert was....Oh. My. God....I am still speechless and on such a high from it. Loved them opening with Small Town, and it just built and built until Given To Fly where the stadium just went nuts. I was row 14 in the stands and we were all jumping in the chorus.

The encores were just amazing. Alive this go around was just nuts. 15,000 people throwing their arms and screaming "hey"

The best part of the night however was Chole Dancer/Crown of Thornes. We heard it soundchecked and he just put so much into it. I loved it so much and lost my mind when they started. I was also so freaken happy to hear Garden, at first I didn't recognize it then, clued in and went nuts. Eddie just rocked out on Porch, I mean my god. Everyone was really into it, Stone even stole the drums from Matt for Yellow Ledbetter...

Coldplay, you have been usurped as the best concert I've seen. I will download and listen to this bootleg for years.

^ Awesome review. I've seen PJ and Coldplay 7X each. While I obviously love each band, I appreciate Pearl Jam's ability to pull from deep within their catalogue and provide a unique show each night. I've never been to 2 PJ shows that feel the same. Each one is it's own unique experience.

Last time I saw PJ I wasn't that much of a hardcore fan like I was when I saw Coldplay. Not to mention I won the lottery for Coldplay. This time I had way better seats for PJ thanks to the 10 Club!

They just seemed to be really into it and they brought it! I think the original closer was Rocking In The Free World, but Mike wasn't done and started playing Yellow Ledbetter to which Stone ran on the drums for, which was awesome.

Of the three Coldplay shows I've seen they were very similar in set and feel. While Pearl Jam had a great feel they just seem to bring it to another level. Chris needs to befriend Vedder badly.

That was the best moment I have ever witnessed live. Better than The Police Playing for the first time in 23 years in concert. Better than Coldplay playing The Scientist, better than U2 playing Where the Streets Have No Name...You feel Ed somehow channeling Andy there...AMAZING.

Coldplay step it up! :P

Wow im so jeaulooous, Malcom its interesting that in this moment i feel the same about Pearl Jam and Coldplay, i told that to my friend lol Coldplay really should change their setlists and the way they act live :\ is always some thing,... is something i cant describe, im not the same person after i saw the PJ20 movie..

I need a PJ concert really bad :disappointed:

PJ20 started my change and I dove really deep into their catoluge and thank god I did. I wouldn't have known Garden, Crown of Thorns or Porch...my three highlights of the entire show.

I won the lottery for Coldplay and saw them row 3 right beside the ramp and my biggest complaint from the show was how canned it felt and how uninvolved with the crowd they were. During 'In My Place' Jonny and Chris did their thing right infront of me and we were all crazy into it and got nothing from either of them. Meanwhile McCready was throwing picks the entire night dedicating solo's to people.

The entire night I tried my hardest to get their attention, it was easy to get Gary's attention and me and their bass player were communicating the entire set. I finally got Chris' attention during 'Lovers In Japan' where he acknowledged me and gave me the Parasol. The security guy even said I was probably the most into it and persistent the entire Canadian tour he saw.

Yet Eddie lost his shit during Ole for people not being into it. 100% different. They go off their gut that night. Its not a canned set list like Coldplay and even U2 pump out nightly. Live music nowadays has been divided between a concert ad shows. Only a handful of act put on a concert where they let the music and themselves entertain without lasers and elaborate stage designs.

I agree you need to see Pearl Jam live, but beware if you do, your love for Coldplay may fade, especially if you get an amazing set like I was treated to. I have spun my 09 bootleg for the last year since I've had it. This one will be played to my children...Chole Dancer was life changing. The last couple days I have just changed...Pearl Jam is my anti-depressant!

Anytime there is a big production show, you will get more of a canned concert. PJ does not have am elaborate stage show. They just come out in play. Because they drastically change the setlist nightly, each show has it's unique feel, which is why collectors love the PJ bootlegs. Plus, it's very tough to be able to play so many different songs on a nightly basis. For most bands, it takes them time to work out kinks when they introduce a new song on tour. PJ does it nightly.

PJ20 started my change and I dove really deep into their catoluge and thank god I did. I wouldn't have known Garden, Crown of Thorns or Porch...my three highlights of the entire show.

I won the lottery for Coldplay and saw them row 3 right beside the ramp and my biggest complaint from the show was how canned it felt and how uninvolved with the crowd they were. During 'In My Place' Jonny and Chris did their thing right infront of me and we were all crazy into it and got nothing from either of them. Meanwhile McCready was throwing picks the entire night dedicating solo's to people.

The entire night I tried my hardest to get their attention, it was easy to get Gary's attention and me and their bass player were communicating the entire set. I finally got Chris' attention during 'Lovers In Japan' where he acknowledged me and gave me the Parasol. The security guy even said I was probably the most into it and persistent the entire Canadian tour he saw.

Yet Eddie lost his shit during Ole for people not being into it. 100% different. They go off their gut that night. Its not a canned set list like Coldplay and even U2 pump out nightly. Live music nowadays has been divided between a concert ad shows. Only a handful of act put on a concert where they let the music and themselves entertain without lasers and elaborate stage designs.

I agree you need to see Pearl Jam live, but beware if you do, your love for Coldplay may fade, especially if you get an amazing set like I was treated to. I have spun my 09 bootleg for the last year since I've had it. This one will be played to my children...Chole Dancer was life changing. The last couple days I have just changed...Pearl Jam is my anti-depressant!

I´ve seen them 2 times already :) in 2006 and last year, my love for pearl jam grow up after that gig in 2006, is still in the top of my favs gigs ever, even in comparison with coldplay :) i know what you mean hehe in 2006 i was front row, i got ed smilling for me for several times ( but again, we always think its for us lol )

Like I said before, I LOVED Crown of Thorns from PJ20 and longed for it, even at the long shot it was. I was in no way familiar with Chloe Dancer.

I have to admit it, Chloe Dancer makes me verge on tears everytime I hear it. The piano is simply amazing. Ed once again managed to somehow one up the Andy Wood version. Now in saying that I only have the Mother Love Bone version.

"But Im proud to say, and I wont forget

Time spent laying by her side

Time spent laying by her side

And dreams like this must die

And a dream like this must die

Dreams like this must..."

That song before makes Crown so much better, kind of puts the whole story together, it feels naked without it. That last part made me cry, as it helped me come to a realization that I may always cherish the time spent by Chloe's (not her name) side but the dream of being with her must die...

Then Crown of Thorns kicks in and it may not be a breakup song but to me it is. Im so happy that I got to hear this live, and that Andy's words reached me via this band.

It still amazes me that they went 10 years without playing Chloe Dancer before Crown until this tour. Im so honored to be at the second show it was ever played at!

Sorry Im kind of rambling, I just love this song, and Im so happy I got to experience it live. Coldplay, I challenge you to listen to some Mother Love Bone and Temple of the Dog and write some music like that...this pop stuff is forgettable. Andy Wood wrote one album and will be remembered forever.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody! Yesterday night Pearl Jam played in La Plata (Argentina). It was one of the best concerts i´be seen :dance: They played 34 songs! all the classics and of course new songs too. The also covered ramones and pink floyd!! :clap:

The band was concerned about the safety of the public. Eddie was asking fans not to be push, i think it´s due to what happened in one of their concerts when some fans died :(

I absolutely fell in love with the band yesterday!! Can´t wait to see them again :lol:

what a band!!! I listened them live in an argentinian radio ROCK & POP woooooow :) very impressive

Have a look on the setlist ;)

Release

Go

Corduroy

(Interstellar Overdrive intro)

Hail Hail

Given To Fly

The Fixer

Amongst The Waves

Immortality

Even Flow

You Are

Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

Lukin

Unthought Known

Do The Evolution

Wasted Reprise

Life Wasted

Jeremy

Porch

----Encore:

Just Breathe

Garden

Last Kiss (Wayne Cochran cover)

Supersonic

I Believe In Miracles (Ramones cover)

State Of Love And Trust

Blood (Atomic Dog tag)

----Encore 2:

Smile

Mother (Pink Floyd cover)

Black

Better Man

(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend tag)

Why Go

Alive

Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young cover)

Yellow Ledbetter

(With "Little Wing" snippet by Jimi Hendrix)