✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pearl Jam

busybeeburns

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

something very very beautiful arrived in the post today.

a little higher up on this page you might find my review of the pearl jam concert i attended last november. well after much delay i finally got around to ordering the official bootleg CD off their website and it arrived today. it is most certainly one of the most awesome things i now own. the packaging is nice and simple yet very cool, the sound quality is perfect and despite being uncharacteristically short (due to EV's sickness the show was just over 2hrs) it brings back some wonderful memories.

but it really makes me wish every band in the world would do this.

something very very beautiful arrived in the post today.

a little higher up on this page you might find my review of the pearl jam concert i attended last november. well after much delay i finally got around to ordering the official bootleg CD off their website and it arrived today. it is most certainly one of the most awesome things i now own. the packaging is nice and simple yet very cool, the sound quality is perfect and despite being uncharacteristically short (due to EV's sickness the show was just over 2hrs) it brings back some wonderful memories.

but it really makes me wish every band in the world would do this.

that's awesome. Something like that is a MUCH better souvenir of a great concert experience than a t-shirt or tour program. Glad you get to enjoy it all over again! and you're absolutely right, more bands (I'm looking at YOU, Coldplay!) should do this!

^^

i dont really expect coldplay to follow PJ as it will be kind of pointless for them as they play the same setlist every night whereas PJ wildly vary theirs from show to show. but im sure their fans would love it if they did start.

Yeah, this is a good point. No other band that I know of switches it up more than PJ. Twice, I've followed them around for 3 shows in a week. Every single show was dramtically different.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They were AWESOME !!! SOOOOOOOO GOOOD !!

EDDIE Vedder is so hyper !!!! :awesome:

He even spoke some Dutch :P

But they didn't play "alive" because there wasn't enough time :/

but it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo cool :cool: :freak:

It was during sunset :wacky:

just wanted to get something off my chest

if pearl jam dont go down as one of the greatest bands of all time there is something very very wrong with this world.

I think their legacy is safe :) Although, I think only 3 or 4 people keep this thread afloat on CPing

as much as i love this place i wouldnt say its an accurate representation of the wider music community.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree 100%. But I suppose most message boards are probably that way. They slant to a certain style of music.

• 2 weeks later...

06825_224726_pearljam_pw_web2.jpg

Pearl Jam tell festival crowd they've played their 'last gig'

Band hint they will be taking a long time off at Portuguese event

Pearl Jam told a crowd in Portugal that the band have played their "last gig" for a long time.

The band were appearing at the Optimus Alive festival in Lisbon last night (July 11) when they made their announcement, reports Blitz. Reading in Portuguese from a sheet of paper, frontman Eddie Vedder made the announcement just after the band had kicked off their set. "Thank you for coming to our last show," he told the crowd. "Not our last ever, but our last in a long time."

The band then continued the gig without illuminating why they are taking the break. For the full 24-song setlist plus video footage from the show, head to Blitz.aeiou.pt.

http://www.nme.com/news/pearl-jam/52001