✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why Coldplay? (School project question)

Hartroc

So, I'm doing a school project on what makes a good song. Part of the project involves getting a bunch of people's opinions about what makes a good song, and a writing a paper that details the results. I know why Coldplay is one of my favorites...but why do you like them? I want to know what you guys think. So, please post a reply including the following;

1: What is your favorite song? (Doesn't necessarily have to be Coldplay)

2: Why?

3: In your opinion, what makes a good song?

If you could help, it would be much, much appreciated.

Thanks.

~ Hartroc

1. It changes daily, but for now it's Citizen Erased by Muse

2. I saw it live a bit over a month ago, and it was absolutely epic. :heart: It also goes through different parts, quiet and loud, fast and slow, and it's very dynamic and different. Also great fun to air-guitar. :wacky:

3. The song has to be "outside the box". If it's similar to another song, it's not original and therefore I don't like it. Also, something about it has to be catchy- whether it be the beat, like in MGMT's Kids, a certain piano part, like in Clocks, or an interesting chorus, such as Muse's Resistance, either way something has to make it stand out from another song. I also like songs that change, such as my current fav, Citizen Erased. . . there have to be different "movements", such as a classical piece of music. I don't like it when songs just keep going on and on. If there is some diversity within the song, it retains my interest.

Hope this helped, and best of luck with your paper! :hug:

1: What is your favorite song? I don't have a favorite song, sometimes i like one, sometimes another.. but actually i really like Chinese, by Lily Allen

2: Why? It makes me feel near to someone that is far away from me.

3: In your opinion, what makes a good song? A good song has to touch you, make appear feelings that you cant explain, and make you dont stop hearing to it

1- What's your favorite song? Now is "A Message"

2- Why? Because it's a magical and magnificent song, I don't have words to describe it, it's a song from another world, simply perfect.

3- In your opinion, what makes a good song? I don't know, the song penetrates in your body, in your mind, but it mainly makes you feel good.

1: What is your favorite song? Fix You

..... :disappointed: well....... :uhoh:

many reasons

....lets just say that there is the physicality of whether you stay alive in a situation that tests it.... like say.... when there's a possibility of freezing to death.

And then there's will.

That song gave me will.

And encouragement, and solace...... when there was no person in my life to do so.

It helped me grieve who I had just lost

and the ordeal i was going through (which lasted 17 years)

it Fixed Me :love:

What makes for a good song...IMO.... is it being relatable.

It resonates deep within a person and speaks for them

It is a string of connection that bridges gaps of age, race, religion, background etc.

It can be cryptic or clear as day... but it is always emotional.

And emotion is what connect all human beings.

Music ... is auditory emotion.

.....DERP.

1: What is your favorite song? 'Run' - Snow Patrol

2: Why? When I heard it for the first time I felt in love with it. Usually it takes me 2-3 times to hear a song and love it. This one just hit me right away. Its full of emotions and it can be about family, friends, the significant other.

3: In your opinion, what makes a good song? I don't think there's just one thing that makes a song great. It has to be a lot of things. For me, if a song makes me cry than I know its great, cause it means something to me.

1: Life in Technicolor

2: It has such wild imagert attached to it "there is a cold war coming, on the radio I heard". I love the synthesisers used, they give it such an upbeat tempo. Its just Fantastic.

3: I think there are lots of factors and it varys from people to people. Person the way the lyrics are said. I love stripped back versions of songs. e.g. Acoustic Lovers in Japan - it gives songs a fresh feel and warmth

I also love A Message because of the ways it song :D

1: What is your favorite song?

Well, it's definitely a Coldplay one. I have some of their perfect songs which would be: Death and all his Friends, A Message, Swallowed in the sea, The Hardest Part, oh and maybe eventually Heavy In Your Arms by Florence, but as my favourite, well, I would choose Fix You I think. (But it was so hard :cry:_

Oh it's obvious, it's all about me. The verses descibe my situation perfectly. It's so deep.

Everytime I hear this I shiver, it hits my heart absolutely. When it comes to the bridge I space out immediately. I even cried one or maybe two times when I was listening to it. The instruments, the chorus and the lyrics match each other so perfectly. As someone said it gives me a will. Then again I don't know what else to write because music is so undescribable especially a good one.

Well, the soul. The deep. It should have some meaning because without it the song is empty and it's only good for our body and our ears and not for our mind/heart. In the good song we should be able to identify with lyrics. They should describe our condition and all our feelings that we weren't able to describe.

Well, that's what matters for me anyway.

1: What is your favorite song?

*Viva La Vida.

*It's so complexly simple. You can hear all the parts of the band, but none of them are trying to overplay the other sections. Chris's voice is strong, with stronger lyrics, Will's drums and bell play at the perfect times, Guy's bass sets the rhythm, Jonny's gutar providing those perfect "dun-dun-dun-dun-dan-dan-dandandan"s that we all recognize. All of this exists in harmony.

*If it can make me dance. I almost never dance, but I start to whenever I hear VLV.

1. At the moment it has to be 'Sticks & Stones' by Jónsi :heart:

2. Why? Because it's just so extremely happy, and the lyrics are so sweet and uplifting and positive and the melody is amazing, and the drums are brillaint and and and just everything :cheesy: It's so beautiful :wacky:

3. If the song has a little meaning behind it, like it's not just.. artificial and empty and fake, you know? It must have some heart and soul in it, and yeah.. :shrug:

:wacko:

1: What is your favorite song? (Doesn't necessarily have to be Coldplay)

I had thought this to be Lovers in Japan, but my iTunes begs to differ. So it's Viva La Vida

Lyrically it's perfect. It works for me on so many levels. The song reveberates around my soul. Yes, it's a song about a King who lost his kingdom, and now realises he's not on the A-List in the afterlife. It works for me on many different levels too. I never tire of hearing it, it always sounds fresh.

Melodies which are catchy and have the "re-listen without tire" quality (which Coldplay have in abundance).Songs which can be uplifting or melanchony and also deep in their meaning. Coldplay are one of the very few bands which can pull of all these elements so successfully IMO.

I've been hooked on their music since I heard Yellow back in 2000.

Add to this Coldplay are 4 of the nicest guys in showbusiness who have remained true to their values and really champion some great causes and care a lot about others.

1: What is your favorite song? Bad - U2

2: Why? Everything about this song screams perfection. This is a song that runs deep on a lot of levels. Bono goes to describes his argument to a loved one addicted to cocaine. Not only does it perfectly describe both sides,the emotion seeps through. On the Wide Awake In America version, you FEEL the passion Bono has. Easily the very best song, by one of the best bands ever.

Mood and emotion. A good melody or drum line is all shite without passion. When you feel the passion of the guitar player ring through his notes, the anger of the drummer by how hard he hits the snare, the angst in the bass by how fast he is playing. A song cant be more perfect.