✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Top of the Pops updates

Jenjie

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all!

.....Glad all of you that attended yesterday at TV Centre to see Coldplay perform on Top of the Pops managed to get in AND have a really good time!

If any of you are interested in what went on in the same studio during the main recording block later that evening, I've written a full review which you can read here!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=46396016#post46396016

Hi everyone, now that i have calmed down a bit from yesterday i thought i would post my comment on totp- myself and my friend arrived pretty late i must say like 12.30! and i woz so shocked we were able to get in and sooo happy we did!

That was by far the best experience of my life, bein so close to the boys, and like others have mentioned it was a great atmosphere and seemed very personal to us all, i was standin at the back to the side a little, i kept lookin around to try spot them and was gobsmacked when i turned round and chris was standin there!! it felt like bein at a party and they were just everyday people there with us!

I saw a few of the coldplayers who were on the boat includin kris, i was the histerical one at the end if any of u saw me lol! chris was very entertainin as always.

The ultimate highlite for me was as they were leavin they walked past me and i caught will's attention and extended my hand which he accepted :cool: and then as chris walked past i could not help myself and reached for his hand, which i held on to as he walked on!! and oh wow just brilliant! i shall not forget this day :D my god he is soooo handsome :heart:

so for my first encounter up close wiv the lads this was the best i could hope for!!

Hello 2 everyone who was there, shame i didn't get to spk to you all :):chris::will:

For anyone who wants to read a more polished yet equally long review of my experience, I posted it on my blog: http://bit.ly/fqmrbF :D

I also remembered suddenly that at the end when we were all leaving, I thought it was hilarious to see Matt McGinn getting down to work messing with all the cables and stuff on the floor in a tight, rhinestoned Elvis outfit :lol:. If I had been closer to him upon leaving, I would have said something, but alas, I didn't want to shout out to him across the room and be annoying.

Guys, thank you so much for all your reviews, AND for the audio recording of Chris' banters! :cheesy: I'm glad everyone had a great time!

@Chelsea: thanks for your detailed review! I'd have loved to see the boys' faces upon seeing what was in the envelope! :P

Haha, I just realized that "Chavi, your avi..." rhymes :lol:. Maybe I should have called you Chaco instead :P

And thanks! But Jonny just looks so cute in yours...

[O/T fangirlyness]

dont you start it again... though, it might be better than being referred to as the girl who has bladder issues.. :P

Jonny looks shy and cold there.. lovely! :blush:

Sorry for being of topic..

2010 TOTP recording review

It has been two days already since the best day ever of my life with Coldplay :)...but I am still buzzing, as I'm sure all of you probably are, and wanted to absolutely agree with everyone on what an amazing, legendary day it was indeed!

I must say well-done to everyone for braving the unforgiving cold weather outside! Sounds crazy but I actually was the first to arrive at 5.30am...having learned a lesson from the last time I attempted to make it to a free Coldplay gig in NYC when they were performing at the Today Show. I arrived for that concert at 4am and the queue was circling around the entire city block at that hour!...so I thought I'd make the extra effort this time around and arrive super-early...also because I knew I wouldn't be able to see any of the band/stage unless I was at the front of the crowd at the TOTP studio given I'm quite a short little lady :P

But sadly I got pushed back to number 59 ;(...as I had gone to the nearest open cafe I could find due to the excruciatingly cold weather...at that hour, you literally couldn't stand for more than a mere few minutes outside without losing all sensation in your extremities. This tiny cafe didn't have any heating but was the best I could do at this time to try and feel my toes again ;P And I had to wait for Westfield to open to use the restroom...so by the time I made my way back to the Beeb, the queue had already long been forming ;( But all of it was absolutely well worth the wait!...I was quite close to the stage but needed to stretch and stand as tall as I could when we got inside the studio ;P...to see the boys. I still simply cannot believe that we were in SUCH an intimate setting...with Chris, Jonny, Will, Guy, Phil...all just standing right there on the side,...within a mere few feet from us ready to get on the stage!

All of them looked absolutely dapper in their smart, grey and black suit attire from the video. The vintage stage setting with the pretty lanterns and christmasy lights strung across the top of the stage and that purplish-vintage piano, and mustn't forget the three Elvises :)...all carried the vibe of the video set. It was SO nice to hear Chris say that it's great to play in front of people again as they've been stuck in the studio for so long they forget that there are people out there...perhaps they've missed us just as much as we've all missed hearing and seeing them as well! They seemed quite jolly...I didn't really get to see Guy and Will at they were out of my line of sight but Jonny was certainly his very warm shy smiley self and Chris gave us his usual clever, charmingly funny remarks and even flashed a jokingly posey and devilishly handsome smile at I think someone trying to take a picture from the crowd I assumed from my view...at which point everyone, even the boys in the crowd, went a bit crazy...seeing this not-so-usual cute side of Chris :P

Then the lovely Miss Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates came on stage to do their link bit of the show and asked the band their thoughts on this year's X-factor. When Chris said the band all thought Gamu was brilliant, there was a funny bit of silence from the crowd ;P. Then Chris remarked: "Look at that, I killed it [the vibe] with that comment. Ok fine then...its 'One Direction' (he said reluctantly with slight roll of his eyes ;P) But Guy did say Rebecca was pretty great which the crowd seemed to agree with.

When the song recording got started, hearing Chris sing live and get the crowd going was brilliant. When he heard us practice our 'woa~uh-oh' bit of the song,...he said: 'That was f***ing lovely' And loved it each time we did it during the recording as well. He even adoringly said we were doing a second take of the recording because we the crowd were "too good" and making the band look bad :P But singing the song with the band and the intimate crowd of 300 in this tiny room was simply incredible. I really think nothing pleases and flatters certainly Chris and the rest of the band more than a big sing along from the fans,...who knew all of the lyrics already as well! I even heard some harmonising from people who were behind me..so well-done indeed :)

After three or four takes, it was sad indeed to see the boys leave the stage so soon of course...and all of us couldn't keep our eyes off of them as they stepped off and walked just past the crowd and those lucky sideliner fans who got a last handshake or smile or two or maybe more ;P before the band completely disappeared from our sight. Will was kind enough to throw his drumsticks to the crowd, well-done to the one who got it at the front...we're all jealous! I'm even more jealous of the person who got Chris' flower apparently...which I didn't actually witness...but whoever you are, lucky lucky you indeed! :) I was so mesmerised by the whole experience...believing this was the only time I would probably ever be this close to the band ever again and will carry this memory forever...but fingers-crossed I'll get to have an upclose encounter someday in the future and tell them how inspirational they are in so many ways to so many people. I love living in London because of Coldplay...sharing the same environment and witnessing the same influences around us that shape who they are.

I was so honoured to have been a part of the legendary TOTP show which I'd heard about even when I was in America and seen Coldplay perform on it in previous episodes. It was so great to be inside the legendary BBC television centre as well...and to have stepped foot also outside where Coldplay did their outdoor Viva concert in 2008 (I think it was) as well!...so many lovely associations with this place and this one will probably top them all.

Our biggest and warmest cheers to Chris, Guy, Jonny, Will and TOTP for giving us this unforgettable experience...the best Christmas gift ever!

We are all absolutely so very excited and eager to see you guys again very soon!!

**For those of you still in the room,...cheers for patiently reading my long-winded review til its end :(

xx

Soo

It has been two days already since the best day ever of my life with Coldplay :)...but I am still buzzing, as I'm sure all of you probably are, and wanted to absolutely agree with everyone on what an amazing, legendary day it was indeed!

I must say well-done to everyone for braving the unforgiving cold weather outside! Sounds crazy but I actually was the first to arrive at 5.30am...having learned a lesson from the last time I attempted to make it to a free Coldplay gig in NYC when they were performing at the Today Show. I arrived for that concert at 4am and the queue was circling around the entire city block at that hour!...so I thought I'd make the extra effort this time around and arrive super-early...also because I knew I wouldn't be able to see any of the band/stage unless I was at the front of the crowd at the TOTP studio given I'm quite a short little lady :P

But sadly I got pushed back to number 59 ;(...as I had gone to the nearest open cafe I could find due to the excruciatingly cold weather...at that hour, you literally couldn't stand for more than a mere few minutes outside without losing all sensation in your extremities. This tiny cafe didn't have any heating but was the best I could do at this time to try and feel my toes again ;P And I had to wait for Westfield to open to use the restroom...so by the time I made my way back to the Beeb, the queue had already long been forming ;( But all of it was absolutely well worth the wait!...I was quite close to the stage but needed to stretch and stand as tall as I could when we got inside the studio ;P...to see the boys. I still simply cannot believe that we were in SUCH an intimate setting...with Chris, Jonny, Will, Guy, Phil...all just standing right there on the side,...within a mere few feet from us ready to get on the stage!

All of them looked absolutely dapper in their smart, grey and black suit attire from the video. The vintage stage setting with the pretty lanterns and christmasy lights strung across the top of the stage and that purplish-vintage piano, and mustn't forget the three Elvises :)...all carried the vibe of the video set. It was SO nice to hear Chris say that it's great to play in front of people again as they've been stuck in the studio for so long they forget that there are people out there...perhaps they've missed us just as much as we've all missed hearing and seeing them as well! They seemed quite jolly...I didn't really get to see Guy and Will at they were out of my line of sight but Jonny was certainly his very warm shy smiley self and Chris gave us his usual clever, charmingly funny remarks and even flashed a jokingly posey and devilishly handsome smile at I think someone trying to take a picture from the crowd I assumed from my view...at which point everyone, even the boys in the crowd, went a bit crazy...seeing this not-so-usual cute side of Chris :P

Then the lovely Miss Fearne Cotton and Reggie Yates came on stage to do their link bit of the show and asked the band their thoughts on this year's X-factor. When Chris said the band all thought Gamu was brilliant, there was a funny bit of silence from the crowd ;P. Then Chris remarked: "Look at that, I killed it [the vibe] with that comment. Ok fine then...its 'One Direction' (he said reluctantly with slight roll of his eyes ;P) But Guy did say Rebecca was pretty great which the crowd seemed to agree with.

When the song recording got started, hearing Chris sing live and get the crowd going was brilliant. When he heard us practice our 'woa~uh-oh' bit of the song,...he said: 'That was f***ing lovely' And loved it each time we did it during the recording as well. He even adoringly said we were doing a second take of the recording because we the crowd were "too good" and making the band look bad :P But singing the song with the band and the intimate crowd of 300 in this tiny room was simply incredible. I really think nothing pleases and flatters certainly Chris and the rest of the band more than a big sing along from the fans,...who knew all of the lyrics already as well! I even heard some harmonising from people who were behind me..so well-done indeed :)

After three or four takes, it was sad indeed to see the boys leave the stage so soon of course...and all of us couldn't keep our eyes off of them as they stepped off and walked just past the crowd and those lucky sideliner fans who got a last handshake or smile or two or maybe more ;P before the band completely disappeared from our sight. Will was kind enough to throw his drumsticks to the crowd, well-done to the one who got it at the front...we're all jealous! I'm even more jealous of the person who got Chris' flower apparently...which I didn't actually witness...but whoever you are, lucky lucky you indeed! :) I was so mesmerised by the whole experience...believing this was the only time I would probably ever be this close to the band ever again and will carry this memory forever...but fingers-crossed I'll get to have an upclose encounter someday in the future and tell them how inspirational they are in so many ways to so many people. I love living in London because of Coldplay...sharing the same environment and witnessing the same influences around us that shape who they are.

I was so honoured to have been a part of the legendary TOTP show which I'd heard about even when I was in America and seen Coldplay perform on it in previous episodes. It was so great to be inside the legendary BBC television centre as well...and to have stepped foot also outside where Coldplay did their outdoor Viva concert in 2008 (I think it was) as well!...so many lovely associations with this place and this one will probably top them all.

Our biggest and warmest cheers to Chris, Guy, Jonny, Will and TOTP for giving us this unforgettable experience...the best Christmas gift ever!

We are all absolutely so very excited and eager to see you guys again very soon!!

**For those of you still in the room,...cheers for patiently reading my long-winded review til its end :(

xx

Soo

Dear Lovers in NYC/Soo. ;)

Thanks for a great review - You make me feel like, I was there with you - and I feel so fangirly again...Thank you!

I MISS them and can´t wait to see them again!!

For now I´m just reliving all good Coldplay memories - just because of your fantastic review.... I want to see Chris up close and personal just like you - and Piggy, who got to straighten his collar on his shirt!! :stunned: :rolleyes5:

A :hug: to all Coldplayers!

Aw...you're SO very welcome, fru.overvad! Thank YOU for reading and enjoying my review...your lovely appreciation is so heartwarming :)

I am totally jealous of Piggy as well!...that will go down her Chris Martin interaction history :D

I've said this before too but I feel like my luck certainly for this year and probably the next have been all used up this month...first with the boat trip and then the TOTP gig!...I'm bit paranoid that my luck ends here :embarrassed: BUT am ever grateful and still in disbelief at the past two weeks...and fingers-crossed for BOTH of us that we may have at least a personal encounter with Chris one day soon :smug:

And yes, I miss them already...they certainly do bring out the 'fangirly side' as you say, in me as well...which I probably am too old for at my late twenties :P

Dear Lovers in NYC/Soo. ;)

Thanks for a great review - You make me feel like, I was there with you - and I feel so fangirly again...Thank you!

I MISS them and can´t wait to see them again!!

For now I´m just reliving all good Coldplay memories - just because of your fantastic review.... I want to see Chris up close and personal just like you - and Piggy, who got to straighten his collar on his shirt!! :stunned: :rolleyes5:

A :hug: to all Coldplayers!

Aw ~ thanks SO much, for reading and for your warmest commiserations on me being pushed back :D..haha...I was kicking myself in the head for a bit as well :P...that I couldn't bear the cold and didn't make it back earlier but I certainly can't complain...I still feel SO very lucky to have been part of it and just to be in that tiny room with them was absolutely incredible :o

And thank you SO very much, btw, for uploading that mp3 of the studio recording....really does allow you to re-live the event which is permanently etched in our minds I imagine. Very smooth of you to record so discreetly ;)...and triple thanks for sharing your work with all of us to enjoy! :hug:

You really deserved to be at the front if you'd been there since 5:30! Shame you got pushed back :(

Oops...I just realised it was another Dan who uploaded the mp3 :P...but major major thanks to huds601!!

Aw ~ thanks SO much, for reading and for your warmest commiserations on me being pushed back :D..haha...I was kicking myself in the head for a bit as well :P...that I couldn't bear the cold and didn't make it back earlier but I certainly can't complain...I still feel SO very lucky to have been part of it and just to be in that tiny room with them was absolutely incredible :o

And thank you SO very much, btw, for uploading that mp3 of the studio recording....really does allow you to re-live the event which is permanently etched in our minds I imagine. Very smooth of you to record so discreetly ;)...and triple thanks for sharing your work with all of us to enjoy! :hug:

Aw...you're SO very welcome, fru.overvad! Thank YOU for reading and enjoying my review...your lovely appreciation is so heartwarming :)

I am totally jealous of Piggy as well!...that will go down her Chris Martin interaction history :D

I've said this before too but I feel like my luck certainly for this year and probably the next have been all used up this month...first with the boat trip and then the TOTP gig!...I'm bit paranoid that my luck ends here :embarrassed: BUT am ever grateful and still in disbelief at the past two weeks...and fingers-crossed for BOTH of us that we may have at least a personal encounter with Chris one day soon :smug:

And yes, I miss them already...they certainly do bring out the 'fangirly side' as you say, in me as well...which I probably am too old for at my late twenties :P

I wish you lots of great Coldplay-karma in the future - you derserve it! :)

And yes - lets keep our fingers-crossed for both of us that we may have a personal encounter with Chris one day...soon! :rolleyes:

And... - can you get to old to be a Coldplay-fangirl???! :wink3: I don´t think so! (as I´m in my thirties now...) ;)

Good luck to you in the future - and merry christmas!

Aw~ thanks for the lovely Coldplay-karma wishes and a very happy Christmas to you too :D...and yes, think you may be right...we never can be too old to be a Coldplay-fangirl ;)...I'll probably be pining over them ten years from now as well :laugh3:

I wish you lots of great Coldplay-karma in the future - you derserve it! :)

And yes - lets keep our fingers-crossed for both of us that we may have a personal encounter with Chris one day...soon! :rolleyes:

And... - can you get to old to be a Coldplay-fangirl???! :wink3: I don´t think so! (as I´m in my thirties now...) ;)

Good luck to you in the future - and merry christmas!