✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Spanish Rain on LP5...

Saket

The article says "Here's another track rumoured to appear on a 2011 album" so its not for sure. Personally I don't think they would include it on the new record, I'm pretty sure it just for the latin american tour only. Chris even said himself, the song was to "celebrate what the band thinks of the latin american audiences"

Guest howyousawtheworld

Spanish Rain? Naah. Won't be on LP5. Just cheap 'fill this space with anything' journalism from NME. Where's the sense on putting a Latin American themed song on LP5 when LP4 was meant to have some Latin American themed songs on it?

And if I'm being honest - I don't want Spanish Rain or Wedding Bells on LP5. The first is a good song but maybe too similar to Dancing In The Dark? The second one is just shit!

Spanish Rain? Naah. Won't be on LP5. Just cheap 'fill this space with anything' journalism from NME. Where's the sense on putting a Latin American themed song on LP5 when LP4 was meant to have some Latin American themed songs on it?

And if I'm being honest - I don't want Spanish Rain or Wedding Bells on LP5. The first is a good song but maybe too similar to Dancing In The Dark? The second one is just shit!

and the sadest thing is Spanish Rain/Don Quixote is not even Latin American themed :disappointed:

:p

you gotta keep in mind that when people write articles like that about Coldplay, just to sound like they know what they are talking about...

rumor = something that members on coldplaying.com are hoping for (because people who write those articles do lurk here, you know)

the great thing about those songs not being on LP5 is that it means that there are other songs we don't know yet that take it's place so in total we have more songs which is awesome

That's what I think too. Plus, if Wedding Bells didn't make it into LP5, then I don't see why Spanish Rain would. It was a concert song, for Latin America. It don't think it was ever meant to be on the album.

I think spanish rain is too reminiscent of viva era to be in the new album.

Ha did I use the word reminiscent correctly?:P

And wedding bells.. well I hope its not on the album, because like others have said, it means there's other good songs that will take its place :D but as a b-sides?...yes please!

I don't think it'll make the cut, for the same reasons that Wedding Bells didn't.

And I loved both of those. It's things like this which make me even more eager and optimistic for the new record.

The lyrics on Wedding Bells went to Christmas Lights, like Spiderwebs went to Trouble.

Not really the same reason for Spanish Rain. Sucks tho, I really liked that song. But it is pretty viva-ish, I guess.