✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-July-2011] Coldplay @ Main Square Festival, Arras, France

coldplay12

You should usually be able to check into at hotel late, just let them know, I checked at nearly 2 am once :)

Still on the maybe list (thanks Anna for adding me :hug:), need to be sure about a thing at work before planning anything for sure

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I found that connection, seems easy.

The only problem is that I would arrive to Paris on July 1st, 9,30 PM, I would be probably a little bit lost, I don´t know Paris at all and don´t know if I could check into a hotel so late.

You should usually be able to check into at hotel late, just let them know, I checked at nearly 2 am once :)

Exactly, I don't think it's a problem at all (especially at this period with the festival, the hotels are used to it), but if you wanna be sure you should check with the hotel first ;)

^Oh, your flight lands at the "Paris-Beauvais" airport? Then you should know that the airport is not actually in Paris, but in Beauvais (though it's considered to be a "Parisian" airport)... It's more than an hour away from Paris (by car). To go to Paris from there, you have to either take a train, or a special bus connecting the airport to Paris. As for Beauvais, I don't really know the town...

Have you already booked your flight?

Oh no, I am not going to do the same thing as with Liverpool :-), when I booked the flight before I had tickets.

I´ll first check all the options.

Yeah, I saw it on the map, it is quite far from the town.

I have several plans going on in my head,

I´m considering going to Werchter, or Arras, if I will have to go on my own,

or Werchter AND Bilbao, if I can persuade my friend to come with me...

So I´m checking what is easier, but I like the Arras one, as so many of you are going and there is the option not to camp but to stay at a hotel.

Arras is rather convenient casue everythong (hotel, station) is close to the festival location.

As for the hotel in Arras, once the tickets are on the market, the rooms will quickly be booked by everyone, so if you wanna go you should take your decision this week, or you might have to be left with rather expensive hotel roms ;)

@wisna: if you want to arrive in Paris, take a flight that lands either in Roissy-Charles de Gaulle or Orly :) It's accessible by RER (big metro) or special liaison bus to Paris) Way more convenient than Beauvais.

Unfortunately, that is not an option, because the cheap flights with Ryanair are only to Beauvais, and the other airlines are way more expensive. :(

^That's what I guessed. Sometimes, a flight to Beauvais-Paris + the journey from Beauvais to Paris combined is way cheaper than fllights to Roissy or Orly.

The drawback here is that it means more connections to get to your destination :/

Well, surely in my case, as from our airport, there are no other airlines flying to Paris, so I would have to go from Vienna, which means additional costs as well, and the flight is at least 3times more expensive.

Have you any idea, how much could be the travel costs from Beauvais to Paris?

:(

In the end, it will be probably easier to go to Werchter...

(Or maybe check the travel from Werchter to Arras... :D )

I have to stop these crazy plans!

I'm not an expert, but I know that the special bus is 15€ ;) As for the train, it depends on when you buy it, or which route it takes (with or without stops in-between) but I guess it might be around 20€ (?)

I found this page explaining how to go to Paris by train: http://parisbytrain.com/paris-beauvais-airport-train/

and herre's the page about the shuttle on the airport website: http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng

;)

I'm not an expert, but I know that the special bus is 15€ ;) As for the train, it depends on when you buy it, or which route it takes (with or without stops in-between) but I guess it might be around 20€ (?)

I found this page explaining how to go to Paris by train: http://parisbytrain.com/paris-beauvais-airport-train/

and herre's the page about the shuttle on the airport website: http://www.aeroportbeauvais.com/bus.php?lang=eng

;)

Thank you very much!

I have several days to think it through.

Maybe it would be easier to find a hotel in Beauvais and then travel in the morning to Arras rather than going to Paris at 9,30 in the evening.