✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-July-2011] Coldplay @ Main Square Festival, Arras, France

coldplay12

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're not front row with all the coldplayers present, I'll be damned XDD This is gonna be so much fun :awesome:

The front row is ours now!! *crossingfingersinadvance* :dance:

We better start with sprint exercises soon.

Only 151 days left! :lol:

My thoughts exatcly! And I'm serious about it, I need to practise my sprint combined with my resistance to a very stressful situation: the opening of the gates! :lol:

If we're not front row with all the coldplayers present, I'll be damned XDD This is gonna be so much fun :awesome:

Hell yeah we're gonna be front row! :D We better make some sort of sign... :cheesy:

We better start with sprint exercises soon.

Only 151 days left! :lol:

(I've added a countdown link to the first post haha)

The front row is ours now!! *crossingfingersinadvance* :dance:

My thoughts exatcly! And I'm serious about it, I need to practise my sprint combined with my resistance to a very stressful situation: the opening of the gates! :lol:

:dance: <-- Us making a run for it. :P I hope there are some good bands playing on the stage before Coldplay go on!

I hope because I won't be there before 10am I think (coming from Rock Werchter)

Ooh, nice. I don't know when they open the gates... :thinking: Does anyone else know?

Hell yeah we're gonna be front row! :D We better make some sort of sign... :cheesy:

+1! But I'm no good for it :/

:dance: <-- Us making a run for it. :P I hope there are some good bands playing on the stage before Coldplay go on!

ELBOW :awesome: PJ Harvey and Portishead. Not bad!

Ooh, nice. I don't know when they open the gates... :thinking: Does anyone else know?

On my ticket it's written 12h00 (so 12 AM). :)

Usually festival goers don't queue before the gates open and sometimes they switch stages, so the front shouldn't be too much of a problem

I hope so, but from the videos of last year, people come rather early and there's definitely a lot of running (and screaming : -p) to the stage :P

But that is so cool that so many of us are going! :D

Yes we should! This is gonna be the first time in the pit at a CP gig for me, so I'm ready to : cheesy : with all he banners we come up with! :lol:

ELBOW :awesome: PJ Harvey and Portishead. Not bad!

a big YEAH!! for Elbow!! :dance: :dance:

Like Aurelie said, it's written 12am on my ticket ;)

Portishead are awesome too! But I'm not sure if everyone of you will like it.

Mainly chose this one because of the coldplaying group and the great french audience. Rock Werchter would have been nearer but that day is sold out now anyway :D

I hope so, but from the videos of last year, people come rather early and there's definitely a lot of running (and screaming : -p) to the stage :P

I was thinking that since the location change, it look more like Rock en Seine, so we'll have a "long" road to get to the stage, passing through stands... So I don't think there will be such a ruch.. as before... :lol:

a big YEAH!! for Elbow!! :dance: :dance:

Dunno if you red last tweets from Craig tp Pete.... they're soundchecking for the tour and I'm quoting:

CraigLPotter

@peteelbow We can't have it sounding to amazing Pete. 18000 people out of their minds rushing the stage trying to touch and kiss us? :)

:lol:

Well, even sounding crappy, I think I could rush to stage :rolleyes:

the great french audience.

Thank you :D Hope we won't disapoint you in Arras!

Mainly chose this one because of the coldplaying group and the great french audience. Rock Werchter would have been nearer but that day is sold out now anyway :D

Thanks for the compliment on the French audience! Hope we'll honour this reputation! :p :D

I was thinking that since the location change, it look more like Rock en Seine, so we'll have a "long" road to get to the stage, passing through stands... So I don't think there will be such a ruch.. as before... :lol:

I've never been to rock en Seine, but the new MS location looks larger than the "Grand Place" one.

Here's some videos that I found (of the crowd arriving) the organisation looks a bit strange on the second one..

youtube.com/watch?v=yp5POaI4J5Q

From the comments on that one, it seems like they make people move along the 'stands' and then break the 'security barrier'.

Dunno if you red last tweets from Craig tp Pete.... they're soundchecking for the tour and I'm quoting:

"@peteelbow We can't have it sounding to amazing Pete. 18000 people out of their minds rushing the stage trying to touch and kiss us?"

Well, even sounding crappy, I think I could rush to stage :rolleyes:

I did after you mentionned it! :) Don't worry, I'd follow you up there!

Here's some videos of the crowd arriving, the organisation looks a bit strange on the second one..

From the comments on that one, it seems like they make people move along the 'stands' and then break the 'security barrier'.

:stunned: This look small!!! I've only been to ReS and Solidays, but both are in big "fields" where stage are apart from each other with a lot of stands in between, kinda like an attraction park.... It's not 'straight to the stage' as what is shown on your vids. This shows that we'll have to actually RUN .... (as if we have a choice... :lol:)

New line-up announcement on twitter

MainSquareFest

Kaiser Chiefs, The National et White Lies : la crème du rock indé pour le Samedi 2 Juillet !!!

(translation: Kaiser Chief, The National and WHite lies, the best of indie rock for saturday 2rd of july)

:)

@A: the line-up looks more and more like Werchter... do you dare to hope what I hope for? :rolleyes:

KOL for saturday?? :bomb: If they come, I'm buying a tix for saturday but if not, I'm staying like that (Already seen both Kaiser Chief and WHite lies and that's enough for me.)

But I doubt KOL will come saturday cause Arcade Fire is already headlining and the lineup look pretty full for that day. Plus, they're playing friday at Werchter, so they can't do Arras on Friday. Which leaves Sunday...KOL before CP??? I doubt it.

^I'm beginning to think that they could come... we never know after all! :rolleyes:

But I hate the fact that they are not announcing the big bands all at once... Cause if KOL do come, I'll buy a 3-day pass (more convenient cause two separate day-ticket are as expensive anyway) and I have already bought my tix for sunday :\

And that's why festival "organization" suck! :P

Can you imagine CP + KOL + Elbow?? :bomb:

It would be HEAVEN :awesome: but I think that my body (voice+legs) couldn't take this much awesomeness.... I think if they announce that, I swear, I'm gonna cry (and I apologize in advance to anyone who will be near me cause I'll probably not controle myself.... :lol: )

I think if they announce that, I swear, I'm gonna cry (and I apologize in advance to anyone who will be near me cause I'll probably not controle myself.... :lol: )

Don't, we can cope with anything when such level of awesomeness is on stage! :awesome:

^+1000000

That's even better if they played either saturday... or sunday!!

Can you imagine CP + KOL + Elbow?? :bomb:

OMG :awesome::stunned::freak::o

Just reading that makes me... :dozey:

It would be HEAVEN :awesome: but I think that my body (voice+legs) couldn't take this much awesomeness.... I think if they announce that, I swear, I'm gonna cry (and I apologize in advance to anyone who will be near me cause I'll probably not controle myself.... :lol: )

+1000000

crying, screaming, dancing, jumping around :p

Why do the KOL don't wanna play in France? We are such a nice people :nice::cheesy::wacky:

KOL before CP??? I doubt it.

Why not ? It would be great !

Last night I've had a strange dream : we were in Arras, first raw, waiting for CP and then suddenly, there was a wedding in the middle of the crowd ??????? Weird, really really weird ! I was happy to wake up !

Why not ? It would be great !

Last night I've had a strange dream : we were in Arras, first raw, waiting for CP and then suddenly, there was a wedding in the middle of the crowd ??????? Weird, really really weird ! I was happy to woke up !

if we are first row, anything can happen in the crowd, I don't care:lol:

KoL on the Sunday? Never! I very much doubt they're coming at all. Sorry folks. But Werchter and Rock am Ring/Rock im Park already have KoL AND Coldplay. You could go there, if you want to see both of them on a festival ;-)

Edit: And Pinkpop