✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-July-2011] Coldplay @ Main Square Festival, Arras, France

coldplay12

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

___ EDIT __

I saw on the festival website this morning that Two Door Cinema Club are now announced to play on the "Green Stage" instead of the Main Stage (on Saturday, 2nd). Last year, five bands played on the Main Stage (for the three days of the festival) so we still might have some big announcement coming up!

New acts announced

MainSquareFest

4 nouveaux noms annoncés pour la Green Room // 4 new bands announced for the Green Room : BEADY EYE, EELS, KASABIAN & ALOE BLACC !

Liam &co+ eels will play friday on small stage, Kasabian saturday, small stage too.

Kasabian were great at the gig in Cologne, Paris was disappointing...

They had problems with the sound system and appeared to only be there physically. :uhoh:

But I'm looking forward to them being there!

And EELS! :awesome:

I don't think we'll be able to catch Kasabian though when we're at the Main Stage. :disappointed:

Fingers crossed Chemical Brothers and Eels won't be on at the same time!!!

I think that now the main stage for saturday and sunday is full :/ But seeing Kashitian (which is a big band) on the green stage saturday and no name for that stage announced on sunday, 5% of my being is still hoping for KOL on that slot. Which, if it happens, would mean nightmare for queuing. So don't come KOL :P

I'm asking because last year, there were between five and six bands on the main stage, so we never know, more names might come up! ;) (I hope so!)

No please, no KOL on Sunday, unless it's for the main stage, cause I will not leave my spot, it's "Coldplay Day"! :p

I'm asking because last year, there were between five and six bands on the main stage, so we never know, more names might come up! ;) (I hope so!)

No please, no KOL on Sunday, unless it's for the main stage, cause I will not leave my spot, it's "Coldplay Day"! :p

5-6 bands on the main stage?...this leaves a chance for KOL on it afterall :sneaky: COME KOL PLZ!

^That's one of the reasons why I'm still hoping :P

2010 edition line-up: http://www.mainsquarefestival.fr/2010/fr/lineup/index.aspx

The difference: One headliner each day. You're expecting 2 for one now ;-) Sorry. but KoL are too big to play a co-Head. There's no single festival this year that booked them as a co. And when they're headlining Werchter, they won't get a smaller slot here

I'm only hoping for new names ;) (I know they won't be here, but I like to think about the possibility : -P)

But I wouldn't consider last year "line-up pattern" as 'one headliner per day'. Each day got pretty big bands at the same time: BEP + Jamiroquai, or Pearl Jam + Ben harper + M (he's really popular here in France and does big shows : -). So I guess we could have some other names for the main stage, my opinion only ;)

That'll be a bonus, cause I'm already more than happy to see both Coldplay and Elbow on the same night! ^^

No, just the Sunday. Already going to Rock am Ring with a lot of friends, as I do every year. And even if I could afford it, I wouldn't have the time for two 3 day festivals in that period of the year (exams in July -.-)

Anyway, Portishead are very interesting for me as well and are not touring thaaat much. So, Coldplay are not my only reason to go =)

No, just the Sunday. Already going to Rock am Ring with a lot of friends, as I do every year. And even if I could afford it, I wouldn't have the time for two 3 day festivals in that period of the year (exams in July -.-)

Anyway, Portishead are very interesting for me as well and are not touring thaaat much. So, Coldplay are not my only reason to go =)

Have fun at Rock im Ring! :nice:

I'm only going on Sunday as well, but now I'm beggining to think about going on Saturday as well... I still have a few weeks to decide (then I'll have to buy my train tickets).

Add me to the maybe list.

:)

Welcome on the list! :awesome:

Have fun at Rock im Ring! :nice:

I'm only going on Sunday as well, but now I'm beggining to think about going on Saturday as well... I still have a few weeks to decide (then I'll have to buy my train tickets).

Thanks =)

So it's either one or two days? Arcade Fire are definitely worth it =)

• 2 weeks later...