✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris performs at Gary Barlow's 40th Birthday Gig

Mimixxx

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

frolickinglamb717761.jpg

His voice sounds okish. Not his best but not as bad as Apple whatever it was.

And to all you assholes picking at him for wearing casual clothes, fuck off snobs he is perfectly fine.

Maybe hes just not materialistic and would rather put the energy into something other than something as useless, pointless and shallow as fashion.

Reminds me of when I was in highschool and bitches would give me looks cuz i wore a lot of band t shirts, jeans and beanies all the time (another thing I have in common with him)

So...Go him for caring more about the music or being a good person than clothing.

It just makes me respect him that much more.

...Um, I'm sorry but NO ONE is picking on him for wearing casual clothes. We merely commented on the fact that he's chosen to wearing his Springsteen shirt YET AGAIN. (A shirt that isn't just casual it's actually worn out and too big for him. Quite a contrast to Mr Barlow who was in a three piece suit, but whatever).

You know there is a possibility to care about how you look and still put energy into your music (Marcus Mumford comes to mind). I love Chris just the way he is but it'd be nice to see him dress up sometimes (he did for that black tie event with Alicia Keys last year, I think, and he has of course for the two charity concerts).

I just don't see why you have to be down on people all the time! Whether it'd be people who like fashion (I count myself one of them, I think it's a fantastic way of expressing myself - just like you use your band shirts) or people who like something else that you don't like. If you want respect you have to give respect as well. People can't like the same things - we're all different.

Long post, I know, but I got a bit upset.

There. 'Nuff said.

Anna I totally agree with you, I like fashion, I like to put together outfits that I think will look great, I like to put on a bit of make up and will wear heels for a big night out, it gives me a little bit of confidence, but I don't spend any significant amount of time on it and it doesn't make me shallow, I'm not too proud to go out in a pair of ugg boots, sweat pants and scraped back hair either.

It's all about what makes you feel good.

Anyway, Coldplay.com posted a little blurb on this:

Hear Chris perform at Gary Barlow's birthday show

January 21, 2011 10:34 am

Back For Good duet is a highlight of special bash

news_line.png

garyandchris.jpg

Good morning. Last night, Chris was a special guest at the 40th birthday concert of Take That singer Gary Barlow, which was held at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London. The pair duetted on Take That's Back For Good, in the same venue where Gary joined Coldplay for the song in February 2009. Until Jan 28th, you can hear last night's performance on the BBC iPlayer, wherever you are, by clicking here and skipping to 1h 8m.

Anchorman

ps - The picture above shows Gary greeting Chris when he joined Coldplay for the Crisis show in Liverpool, again to perform Back For Good, just before Christmas,

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=693

well, talking about fucking chris martin or being a blind fan who thinks CM is perfect is worst than talking about his clothes. calling people assholes, etc when they just posted a little comment is rude, problably no one takes the clothes topic that seriously, those are just harmless comments.

Also, Chris has a terrible fashion sense, so what? It's not that bad considering he's a musician and not a fashion designer, get over it.

His voice sounds okish. Not his best but not as bad as Apple whatever it was.

And to all you assholes picking at him for wearing casual clothes, fuck off snobs he is perfectly fine.

Maybe hes just not materialistic and would rather put the energy into something other than something as useless, pointless and shallow as fashion.

Reminds me of when I was in highschool and bitches would give me looks cuz i wore a lot of band t shirts, jeans and beanies all the time (another thing I have in common with him)

So...Go him for caring more about the music or being a good person than clothing.

It just makes me respect him that much more.

First of all, I'm not a snob. Just ask anyone around here who knows me.

I'm totally fine with the casual clothes, I kind of like that. But just buy a new t-shirt once in a while!

...Um, I'm sorry but NO ONE is picking on him for wearing casual clothes. We merely commented on the fact that he's chosen to wearing his Springsteen shirt YET AGAIN. (A shirt that isn't just casual it's actually worn out and too big for him. Quite a contrast to Mr Barlow who was in a three piece suit, but whatever).

You know there is a possibility to care about how you look and still put energy into your music (Marcus Mumford comes to mind). I love Chris just the way he is but it'd be nice to see him dress up sometimes (he did for that black tie event with Alicia Keys last year, I think, and he has of course for the two charity concerts).

I just don't see why you have to be down on people all the time! Whether it'd be people who like fashion (I count myself one of them, I think it's a fantastic way of expressing myself - just like you use your band shirts) or people who like something else that you don't like. If you want respect you have to give respect as well. People can't like the same things - we're all different.

Long post, I know, but I got a bit upset.

There. 'Nuff said.

+1!

That's all folks :D

Because of the Twitter comments from last night, I was expecting something on the level of the Apple Keynote Address, which was a lowpoint for his performances if you as me, but I didn't think this was so bad, really! It has its redeeming moments to make up for the one or two rough patches.

I find it endearing that he owns three shirts and can't dress his way out of a paper bag, and I enjoy good-naturedly mocking him for it, but you'd think for something like this he'd at least do all black or something rather than a t-shirt that's seen the inside of a washer too many times in its decades of existence :P

Chris can't dress to save his life. He's always mis-matched, disheveled, and puts on a tee-shirt when he should be wearing a shirt (for this occasion). No one is asking him to dress like Beckham, hell no. He's above fashion and don't care? Why is he wearing earrings then? He just doesn't like clothes and while that's not a big deal, he looks ridiculous half the time.

Fashion is great, and I was always told to put my best foot forward.

I'm not really bothered by the clothes as much as the hat. I don't get the hat. The hat the hat the hat. I mean really? The hat? If he's trying to look as cool as Jonny with that hat, it's not working.

I like the hat! :)