✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands that you !HATE!

Chloe_Martin

The point of whether bands or singers are pretty or ugly was raised, therefore it's relevant.

If you dress up like that in the public eye, you have to expect criticism. That's just the way it goes in the entertainment industry.

Wearing a dress made of meat, for example. What on earth was that all about?:stunned:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true that , and if you like the music a lot , you start finding the members pretty , even if they aren't really ...

well , at least , I think I have that :p

for instance, I think Noel G is good looking , not many girls understand me ! :lol:

it use to happen, thought not for me since years ago. i could think we'll as an add to their creativity and talent they don't look bad, but not as to the point of a crazy teenager fangirl, you know. Plus today for me it feels weird, so i just care more for their talent and that's it.

is sad when it feels like that's the extra that ends being the must to be in the music most of the times today.

no of course not, i agree.. of course you don't have to be good looking to be a song writer

i like a ton of music..just the ones that i absolutely looove have to have something more than just great music for me..

all the ones i admire have to have a message, or indeed be talented or creative, do a lot of stuff, have other artistical interest, and as song-writers seem honest and poetic.

well if you think appearance it's not important you shouldn't use appearance as an argument, it's just stupid.

Gaga and bieber are actually talented, they can sing and they make music that lots of people enjoy, it's ok if you don't like what they do but there's no point in talking shit about them all the time.

it use to happen, thought not for me since years ago. i could think we'll as an add to their creativity and talent they don't look bad, but not as to the point of a crazy teenager fangirl, you know. Plus today for me it feels weird, so i just care more for their talent and that's it.

is sad when it feels like that's the extra that ends being the must to be in the music most of the times today.

I care about their are talent the most f course...

But I mean , like if you're in contact with one of those band you like/love ..

because of their music obviously , you don't mind how they look ,

and if they aren't that pretty , you just don't see their "not nice lookingness"

because of their talent ...

but I wouldn't love a band cuz of it's looks ...

It's more pleasant to watch their video's of course :p, but looks don't matter ...

The point of whether bands or singers are pretty or ugly was raised, therefore it's relevant.

If you dress up like that in the public eye, you have to expect criticism. That's just the way it goes in the entertainment industry.

Wearing a dress made of meat, for example. What on earth was that all about?:stunned:

Lady Gaga is more than a singer. She's an entertainer, just like Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was not exactly the most beautiful person, does that mean he has no talent? He wore some crazy outfits for his time, does that mean he can't sing?

Lady Gaga is more than a singer. She's an entertainer, just like Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was not exactly the most beautiful person, does that mean he has no talent? He wore some crazy outfits for his time, does that mean he can't sing?

:thumbsup:

Comparing Michael Jackson in his heyday (i.e. before he went off the rails) to Lady GaGa is like comparing chalk and cheese.

He had already more than proved himself vocally before he went down the "circus" route and started to rely more on costumes and dance routines.

Michael Jackson was a musical prodigy. It's just a pity he ended up the way he did and became more of a pantomime act and an object of ridicule.

As the years went by, it just became impossible to take him seriously any more, which is a great shame.

Comparing Michael Jackson in his heyday (i.e. before he went off the rails) to Lady GaGa is like comparing chalk and cheese.

He had already more than proved himself vocally before he went down the "circus" route and started to rely more on costumes and dance routines.

ok

The Thriller music video wasn't before he "went down the cirus route and started to rely more on costumes and dance routines". :|

And how are they different musically? They both were wrote very modern pop music for their time, were a bit eccentric, wore costumes, danced, and were extremely popular.

Again, whether or not you like his or her singing is one thing, after all, we all have personal taste, but their appearance has absolutely nothing to do with their voices.

"Thriller" was the start of the circus route. After that, things were never the same. And once you go down the commercial pop route and start wearing ridiculous costumes, the image does begin to overshadow the music itself, unfortunately.

If you think your voice/music is good enough in its own right, then gimmicks aren't needed.

It's a simple as that.

Michael Jackson's best album was actually "Off The Wall", which didn't rely on costumes or gimmicks in any way whatsoever. It was all about the music.

"Thriller" was the start of the circus route. After that, things were never the same. And once you go down the commercial pop route and start wearing ridiculous costumes, the image does begin to overshadow the music itself, unfortunately.

If you think your voice/music is good enough in its own right, then gimmicks aren't needed.

It's a simple as that.

ok

the commercial pop route bla bla bla. It's a job, do you work for free or what?

Music is an art, coldplay wears costumes (viva clothes), gaga does too, what's the problem about that? I mean, coldplay had fireworks and butterflies in the last tour.

Gaga is a pop artist and she's good in what she does. I think the haters are just lame, if you dislike her then don't follow her career and that's it.

It's a simple as that.

The "circus routine" that brought him worldwide fame and the best music video of all time is bad? Oooooookaaay. I'll take your word for it. :wink:

Of course if your voice/music is good enough in its own right then that's great, but who wants to spend $100 for two hours of an artist singing behind a microphone, and only singing? No dancing, no energy, nothing at all to make there show interesting, is all fine by you? Well, have fun at a gig like that, I'm sure it will be one of your most treasured memories.

Although Coldplay did indeed wear a "uniform" on their last tour, they had already more than proved themselves through their music years before.

I can't say I was even fan of the whole "uniform" thing anyway, as Coldplay don't need to go down that road.

Their music speaks for itself.:smug: