✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Bands that you !HATE!

Chloe_Martin

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, the rest of the bands in the world can be criticized but not Coldplay?

Of course not, Coldplay does everything right. :rolleyes:

Yeah, cos those are logical reasons to "hate" a band.

Yup. Artists can't

a) Wear interesting/different clothing

b) Dance

c) Make use of countless techniques to make their performances more interesting, including, but not limited to:

1. A different stage design

2. Crowd involvement

3. Pyro

UNLESS YOU'RE COLDPLAY, THEN JUST IGNORE THOSE RULES BECAUSE THEY DON'T APPLY TO YOU.

And if you're not Coldplay, then oh well, just stand behind a mic and sing because if your music's good enough you don't have to do anything at all to make your show interesting!

Any questions, PM Mark, he'll be sure to explain the rules of a good show to you!

Yup. Artists can't

b) Dance

c) Make use of countless techniques to make their performances more interesting, including, but not limited to:

2. Crowd involvement

3. Pyro

UNLESS YOU'RE COLDPLAY, THEN JUST IGNORE THOSE RULES BECAUSE THEY DON'T APPLY TO YOU.

And if you're not Coldplay, then oh well, just stand behind a mic and sing because if your music's good enough you don't have to do anything at all to make your show interesting!

Any questions, PM Mark, he'll be sure to explain the rules of a good show to you!

I actually found Coldplay's costume thing too awful. I will never deny they have good shows and know how to entertain people, but that's far from saying they're the best in what they do and that they're a major example of being a good band :/

Guest howyousawtheworld

I absolutely hate Thom Yorke but I admit Radiohead are a good band. Overrated but good. I find Sting a massive arsehole yet I adore The Police. So it's not about the personnel. It's about the music.

I just noticed how many of your posts I'm quoting, Alexa. :lol: Sorry.

I actually found Coldplay's costume thing too awful. I will never deny they have good shows and know how to entertain people, but that's far from saying they're the best in what they do and that they're a major example of being a good band :/

I agree, I didn't really like their costumes too much.

Although I have to say that I think they are a good band, because even if you don't like their music, they really do know how to make someone's evenings better by being at their show.

To me, being a good band isn't completely about the music, a band must also be able to perform well.

What I don't really understand is why people hate bands/singers just cos they wear shit things like a meat dress or if they're just a tad annoying in general.

This.

I absolutely hate Thom Yorke but I admit Radiohead are a good band. Overrated but good. I find Sting a massive arsehole yet I adore The Police. So it's not about the personnel. It's about the music.

Well whether you like either of those or not, the fact is that in both cases, the music itself has been of paramount importance, not whether they dress like clowns or something.;)

The likes of GaGa would be nothing without their "act". That's the difference.

Oh Coldplay critics again :thinking:

I dont like gaga style ,music etc

Bieber is for little girls

And Tokyo hotel :lol:

wow great arguments, "I hate something because of lol"

Yup. Artists can't

b) Dance

2. Crowd involvement

3. Pyro

I love you Christina :heart: Coldplay is actually good live but they screw things up sometimes and include lots of things, it's not just music.

OH WAIT! When I saw Travis live they had boxing costumes at the start of the gig :lol: OMG TRAVIS... COSTUMES xD

I love you Christina :heart: Coldplay is actually good live but they screw things up sometimes and include lots of things, it's not just music.

OH WAIT! When I saw Travis live they had boxing costumes at the start of the gig :lol: OMG TRAVIS... COSTUMES xD

:heart:

Haha. :wacky:

I just noticed how many of your posts I'm quoting, Alexa. :lol: Sorry.

I agree, I didn't really like their costumes too much.

Although I have to say that I think they are a good band, because even if you don't like their music, they really do know how to make someone's evenings better by being at their show.

To me, being a good band isn't completely about the music, a band must also be able to perform well.

This.

It's fine.

Exactly. If they play songs like shit live then lol, like a few days ago I was listening to a concert (won't name the band cos some might kill me) and it sounded SO bad :/..

It's a mix of everything. They can be amazing live but never interact with the audience which makes it shit, or give a good show but play like crap.

Obviously bands can't be perfect, but hating a band based on nothing is absolutely stupid, even more if they haven't even tried to listen at least to one album.

Oh lore :inquisitive:

I hate Bono but u2 did great things

I really hate the oasis brothers too.

Yeah, they've all let themselves down at times, but once again, both U2 and Oasis have been able to let their songs do the talking, so they can be excused the odd bit of "assholery".:P