✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-July-2011] Coldplay @ T in the Park, Balado, Kinross-shire, Scotland

Mimixxx

LIVE COLDPLAYING CHAT DURING T IN THE PARK! (ADDED 9TH JULY)[/size

---------------------------------------------------

Arctic Monkeys and Coldplay will headline this year's T In The Park festival alongside Foo Fighters.

t-in-the-park_300x300_crop_le-300x300.gif

Beady Eye, Pulp, Hurts, The View and My Chemical Romance are among a host of other acts who have today (February 22) been announced for the event. See below for the line-up so far.

Arctic Monkeys are set to play two big 'homecoming' Sheffield shows in June, but beyond those gigs T In The Park is their only other scheduled UK show of 2011 so far.

The band are currently finishing off their fourth album in Los Angeles with producer James Ford.

All three headliners have topped the bill at the event before - Coldplay in 2003, Foo Fighters in 2005 and Arctic Monkeys in 2007.

The Scottish event takes place in Balado on July 8–10. See Tinthepark.com for more information.

Tickets go on sale at 9am (GMT) on Friday (25). To check the availability of T In The Park tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

http://www.nme.com/news/arctic-monkeys/55078

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay have just announced they're playing the Saturday:

Tlogo.jpg Headline slot for T In The Park announced

February 22, 2011 12:03 pm

Coldplay to close the Saturday night at this year's festival

news_line.png

Good afternoon. We're very pleased to report that Coldplay will headline this year's T In The Park festival. The band will close the Saturday night of this year's event, on July 9th.

The festival takes place in Kinross, Scotland. Tickets, costing £190 weekend / £75 day, go on sale on Friday 25th February at 9am, from www.ticketmaster.co.uk.

For the full list of Coldplay's confirmed 2011 festival shows, click here.

Anchorman

It's interesting that they are booked for all these summer festivals as the headliners, yet the last article from Parlophone say the new album won't be out until autumn....

Are they really going to be performing "old" songs from their 4 albums at these festivals? I think not. I'm guessing the guy in the interview doesn't know exactly when the album will be released, or he was trying to throwing people off, so the release will be a big surprise.

11318332-in-the-park-20011.jpg

Geoff Ellis exclusive eFestivals interview

T in The Park organiser talks about this summer's event

eFestivals interviewed T in the Park organiser Geoff Ellis yesterday and we talked about the headliners, the line-up, the site, ticket touts, and even the BP Pipeline.

Well done on the headliners, how long have you been trying to get them as headliners?

It's a long process we've been talking to Foos for quite a long time, and with Coldplay we were actually talking to them about headlining last year. Sometimes, people's plans change and they say that they're not going to be available one year but the year before instead, and that was the case with the Foos. So, we've been talking to them for a long time, but with headliners you tend to do that, and you start to become aware of who's going to be around for the following year when you're booking the current year's line-up.

You've had to keep them under your hat for a while then.

Yeah, (laughs), it's the same with the rest of the bill. It's a bit of a relief today to come out with it, and obviously when any band has been in Scotland, like for instance My Chemical Romance were playing recently, and said from the stage, "See you all in the summer." But, they didn't didn't actually say they were playing T in the Park. You have to try and keep everything under wraps for as long as you can really. We've announced 50 or so bands today. We have around 200 acts playing T over the course of the weekend, there's still plenty more to be announced, including the newer cutting edge bands who tend to get announced a bit nearer the time.

Do you have a time penciled in for the next one?

Probably in a couple of weeks, we'll have a few more announcements. The T-Break bands and the BBC Introducing Stage tend to get announced around May time. I think you'll see a steady stream of bands announced between now and mid-May.

And who is headlining which day?

Arctics Friday, Coldplay Saturday, and Foos on Sunday.

Can T goers expect any changes on site?

Yeah, we'll be looking at it. The site evolves each year, so there will be some changes. There'll be nothing disappearing, but you might find that there's more than one entrance between the campsite and the arena. That's something that we're working on at the moment that we think may be an enhancement to the audience experience. So, we're looking at improving the site, having more art installations, a lot from last year, and probably more than we had last year as well.

Healthy T will be back, and be the source of the best food around I think, at any of the festivals, and that's been really well received. The Citizen T initiative, will be taken forward this year. That's a three initiative to try and get people to take more responsibility for themselves and their fellow campers. People use the bins more, and we had a Citizen T campsite where everybody agreed to the 'Citizen T manifesto' and obviously that area will become bigger this year.

Last year was mainly to publicise it, and this year we'll expand the field, and hopefully in three years time the whole will be the Citizen T campsite with nobody dropping any litter. I think the more people look after the site, themselves, and anything else, the better the environment is. People are living there for the whole weekend so why not have a nicer environment to stay in. Peer pressure is a very good thing. When we started the cup recycling suddenly people bought into it straight away and kept on doing that. I see no reason why people won't do that with litter, or anything else. If people see people doing things then they tend to follow suit, and then the more antisocial behavior becomes more unacceptable. We have a good set of fans that come to T so I'm sure they'll embrace the initiative.

How long do you think it will be before tickets sell out on Friday?

I've got a figure of 40 minutes in my head, but I never like to tempt fate. It's the lowest amount of tickets we've ever had to put out in February, because we've done our pre-sale after the event, and they all sold, about 35,000, and we sold some more before Christmas in a one day 'Beat The VAT Increas' thing without knowing who was on the bill, and now we're going up with just under 30,000 tickets on Friday, so I expect them to go very quickly now that we've announced the bands.

Are that figure separate to the number available to Vodafone on pre-sale?

That's in addition to that. There's a limit to the number available on the Vodafone pre-sale as well, but it does give people an opportunity to buy ahead of everybody. Again T in the Parkers have already had that opportunity to buy tickets through the two pre-sales that were done so far, anyway.

They're clearly going to sell out, have you given any thought to putting protections in place to prevent the secondary market and tickets being sold at inflated prices?

I don't think we can put that genie back in the bottle. I went in front of the Parliamentary Committee to try and stop ticket touting, but the Government just wouldn't introduce legislation. So, our biggest concern, not just us but the whole industry is all these fake websites that purport to have tickets that don't even deliver on the ticket. It's one thing paying over the odds for a ticket, but it's another paying over the odds and you don't even get a ticket. That's even worse, and very damaging.

That can be stopped if internet service providers, search engines, and publications were all a bit more careful about who they gave facilities to, and who they took advertising from. If you go onto any search engine and put in T in The Park tickets, or Reading tickets, or V tickets, Glastonbury, or anywhere there will be some of these sites that come up. We do our best to get them closed down, but they just pop again with TinthePark2011tickets.com or something like that. Then somebody will get duped by it, it will get closed down, and then they'll open up again. They register in places like Hungary, or Canada, places where they can't be detected by UK police. It's the same people doing the scams for all the festivals and all the major tours, and if the credit card companies didn't give them merchant facilities then they wouldn't be able to rip off the people as they are doing.

It's frustrating and that's the thing that we've got to tackle now. These people are hiding behind the touts effectively. All we can do is tell people to beware of these sites. We can only close them down if they're using our IP, if they call themselves TinthePark or use our logo because the law is on our side. However, I don't know if you've ever tried to get a bogus site taken down, but internet service providers are very slow to do it, and you have to think that maybe they're profiting from it. We have to get the police involved more often than not these days, a legal letter is not enough these days, and the police have to make the demands. But, as soon as they take them down, they then set them up with a different name again. If it doesn't have T in the Park in the title we can't close it down, the police have to. But, this is an industry wide problem and not just a T in the Park specific one, particularly events that are in high demand.

If ticket touting had been made illegal then they wouldn't be able to operate because they wouldn't be able to dupe people, but because ticket touting is legal, you've now got a lot of big American companies coming in to the UK to operate secondary sites. I don't think that can be changed, it's now part of life. The chance was there for Tessa Jowell and co. to deal with it, and we sat in front of a Select Committee which was as far as we could take it as an industry, and we weren't successful unfortunately.

Talking of high demand, do you think T in the Park would sell out even if it didn't announce the big acts?

Well, we've sold nearly 60,000 tickets without announcing any bands, so I think the answer is yes. But, you can't short change your audience and we have to deliver a great line-up. People have now come to expect not only the three headliners, but something I saw mentioned on your site today, are 'sub headliners'. A phrase I've never heard of before. Last year, because we had Jay-Z, The Prodigy, and Black Eyed Peas none of which remained stage headliners but were capable of headlining the festival, people were saying "Who are going to be the equivalent this year?" And, people have seen it with Blink 182, Pulp, and acts we haven't announced yet. I saw one comment which said, "If you'd told me that Pulp, Blink 182, and My Chemical Romance would all be playing T in the Park this year, but none of them would headline, I would have laughed at you." And there you go, none of them are headlining, and yet they're all playing. To me the festival is all about strength and depth. It's about having your Brandon Flowers, Hurts, Deadmau5, Beady Eye, Tinie Tempah, The Script, Plan B...

And I know you're looking forward to Tom Jones.

I think it'll be the 'Green, Green Grass of Balado'. I think it will be a fantastic moment. I think the tent will be packed. Many of those a T in the Park will nave have had the opportunity to see Tom Jones, and I think they'll have a bit of fun, and he's approached it with the right attitude, and I think it will be a great moment. But, there's plenty of contemporary acts, and plenty of leftfield acts as well, like Bright Eyes, Eels, Stornoway, Everything Everything, Miles Kane, Hurts, The Vaccines, there's all of these acts. If you're not a big fan of mainstream music, well there's plenty still there for you.

Have you got any of these on festival exclusives?

Errr good question. We ended up with Eminem last year on an exclusive and that wasn't the plan. I'm not sure, it's the only place in Scotland they'll be playing but whether they'll be doing other festivals. I guess for none of them it's going to be their only UK appearance, but it is going to be the only time you can see all of these acts in the UK. Certainly there's no other festival that's going to have the same headliners, and sub headliners if you like.

I read about the Health and Safety Executive recommendation with regard to the BP Forties oil pipeline, it comes around every year, is it likely to be a real issue?

It comes around every ten years because there's one part of the land that we use is subject to planning permission, and the HSE are consulted because of the pipeline. We have conversations with them and Perth and Kinross Council who are the licensing authority, and the people who give planning permission. They had given the planning permission, they've taken note of HSE's comments, and experts independently that they have taken advice from as well. This is the same pipeline that runs through Scotland, there's lots of developments on it. Aberdeen Airport runway is on top of it, there's a Primary School on top of it, if it wasn't safe, then it wouldn't be happening.

T in the Park is completely safe, and we're going ahead as planned, it sounds as though it's a bit of a storm in a tea cup. The main thing for a festival is the Entertainments License and if it wasn't safe, we wouldn't get one. We've had one granted every year without any issues, and we currently have a three year license, so there's no threat to I in the Park, and I'd like to reassure people on that score.

The final batch of tickets for T in the Park 2011 will go on general on sale at 9am this Friday (25th February) and eFestivals will have links to buy them then.

Tickets for T in the Park 2011 will be priced as follows:

A full weekend camping ticket (Fri-Sun arena access) £185

A full weekend with Thursday camping (Thurs - Sun) £195

A weekend (Fri-Sun) with no camping £175

A Saturday or Sunday day ticket £77.50

Saturday and Sunday combined ticket £155

Parking tickets which must be bought in advance £18.50

Campervan ticket £110

Lockers (with phone chargers) £15

No under 5s. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult 21+ with a full priced ticket. Tickets for this year's T in the Park have already sold out.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/titp/2011/interview-geoffellis.shtml

Coldplay’s Text In The Park

coldplay-682l_1257347a.jpg

COLDPLAY finally fulfilled an EIGHT-YEAR dream yesterday - after a TEXT MESSAGE sealed their return to T In The Park.

They'll close the Main Stage on the Saturday night - the same slot rapper EMINEM took care of last year.

The eco-friendly gang have been desperate to come back to Balado after their headline performance back there in 2003.

After it, the lads all chilled out in their hotel, gobsmacked at how good it all looked on the telly.

T boss GEOFF ELLIS said: "After they played that year, they went back to their hotel and sat up, watching the late night highlights on BBC.

"CHRIS MARTIN sent a text message to our guys here saying how amazing it looked and how it captured the spirit of their performance.

"He also said in the text that they couldn't wait to come back - and now they are."

It will crown an epic summer for the band, who'll also headline Glastonbury the month before T. Joining them is PLAN B - riding high after landing his first Brit award last week.

It'll be his T In The Park debut as a solo artist. He turned up a few years ago but at that point was just a respected underground rapper knocking about with pals CHASE AND STATUS - who are also on the bill this year.

Bags of other top names were revealed at yesterday's launch party at The Lighthouse in Glasgow. Also on their way are BRANDON FLOWERS, THE SCRIPT, PENDULUM, WHITE LIES, CRYSTAL CASTLES, HURTS, EELS, 2MANYDJS, YOU ME AT SIX, BRIGHT EYES and DEADMAU5.

Plenty more will be announced over the next few months, too.

MIKE SKINNER plans to use the occasion as THE STREETS' retirement party. It will be an emotional moment with smash hit Dry Your Eyes sure to be taken literally - as fans shed farewell tears.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3427712/Coldplays-Text-In-The-Park.html

T In The Park

Just booked my tickets to T In The Park!!!! :laugh3:

Can't wait to see Coldplay, they will have played loads of festivals by 9th July so should be on top of their game! Only question is, WHERES THE NEW ALBUM? ? ? ? Surely they must be confident of releasing it before the festival season!I believe they are pretty much done with the album, just fine tuning it now so its ready!ALSO unlike previous albums, they have came out and announced there headlining every festival going, which to me means they may have a pretty big sounding album! ! !

Just booked my tickets to T In The Park!!!! :laugh3:

Can't wait to see Coldplay, they will have played loads of festivals by 9th July so should be on top of their game! Only question is, WHERES THE NEW ALBUM? ? ? ? Surely they must be confident of releasing it before the festival season!I believe they are pretty much done with the album, just fine tuning it now so its ready!ALSO unlike previous albums, they have came out and announced there headlining every festival going, which to me means they may have a pretty big sounding album! ! !

ahhh brilliant well done both! :D

T In The Park Sells Out

Ninety minutes for the Arctic Monkeys / Coldplay / Foo Fighters headlined event.

T in the Park tickets sold out this morning, ninety minutes after going on sale this morning, according to the festival's organisers.

The event, which takes place between 8th and 10th July at Balado, Kinross-shire, is headlined by Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Foo Fighters, and will also see appearances from Weezer, Bright Eyes and the summer's comeback kids Pulp among many others.

A statement from T's Festival Director, Geoff Ellis reads: "We are delighted to have an exceptionally strong line-up for 2011 but you can't be complacent, it's still as momentous for us to sell out now as it was the first time around and we're thrilled. It's great to know 85,000 music lovers think we've made the right choices and that they are as excited about the gates opening on 8th July as we are."

More details on the festival - including the full line-up thus far - is available at tinthepark.com.

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/news/t-in-the-park-sells-out

T In The Park Sells Out[/size]

Ninety minutes for the Arctic Monkeys / Coldplay / Foo Fighters headlined event.[/b]

T in the Park tickets sold out this morning, ninety minutes after going on sale this morning, according to the festival's organisers.

The event, which takes place between 8th and 10th July at Balado, Kinross-shire, is headlined by Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Foo Fighters, and will also see appearances from Weezer, Bright Eyes and the summer's comeback kids Pulp among many others.

A statement from T's Festival Director, Geoff Ellis reads: "We are delighted to have an exceptionally strong line-up for 2011 but you can't be complacent, it's still as momentous for us to sell out now as it was the first time around and we're thrilled. It's great to know 85,000 music lovers think we've made the right choices and that they are as excited about the gates opening on 8th July as we are."

More details on the festival - including the full line-up thus far - is available at tinthepark.com.

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/news/t-in-the-park-sells-out

It's sold out, but if you look on the touting websites there are thousands of tickets available for double the price!

Guest howyousawtheworld
:D

I've never actually been to Scotland before :wacky:

Get the sunscreen ready!

No I'm sure the weather will be lovely. Even Saturday through to today here was utterly beautiful weather wise. No better feeling than the feeling of spring crawling up on you.

I went there (I mean in Scotland, not T) last august and I was freezing my ass off, I swear I don't how you manage to go around in short sleeve with that temperature, I was dreaming the 30 °C they were having back home in Italy :blank:

Other than that I loved it, especially Edinburgh :nice:

• 3 months later...

Win a VIP Weekend Camping Ticket for 2 courtesy of HMV

T in the Park is gearing up to be the weekend of the summer on 8th – 10th July and we have 2 pairs of VIP weekend camping tickets to give away so you can be a part of it! The festival has been crowned Music Week’s Festival of the Year and the line up is being hailed as the best yet with headliners Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay and Foo Fighters being joined by The Strokes, Beyoncé, Pulp, The Script, Plan B, Slash, TinieTempah, Tom Jones and Jessie J to name just a few more top acts appearing at Balado across the weekend.

Aside from boasting a stellar line up, festival organisers DF Concerts and founding partner Tennent’s Lager have thought of everything and there’s plenty to check out over the weekend including Smiffy’s Fancy Dress Friday. The official theme this year is 80’s Retro – leotards and neon clothing at the ready!

For your chance to win a pair of VIP weekend camping tickets just sign in and answer the multiple choice question correctly.

click here for full terms and conditions (over 18's only)

Good luck!

Closing date: 30th June 2011 at 8am.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=5391&WT.mc_id=101780

1. Entry to the T IN THE PARK 2011 competition is made by filling in the required fields and answering the question correctly. The competition will run from 15/06/2011 to 30/06/2011 inclusive. No purchase necessary. For free entry, send your name, address, email and telephone number handwritten on a plain piece of paper by pre-paid post to T IN THE PARK COMP, hmvtickets, The Promotions Dept, HMV, Film House, 142 Wardour Street, London, W1F 8LN, to arrive before 30/06. Only one plain paper entry per stamped envelope.

2. Submission of an entry constitutes acceptance of these rules and any instructions or requirements set out in any promotional material related to the prize draw. In the case of conflict between these rules and any other instructions or requirements, these rules shall prevail.

3. Entrants must be over the age of 18 and resident in the UK and Channel Islands and have a valid hmv.com account. The prize draw is not open to those who are employees, agents or representatives of the hmv group of companies or their respective advertising and promotional agencies, any other person connected with this prize draw or members of their respective immediate families or those domiciled with such families.

4 Two winners will be randomly picked from an independent random draw on 01/07/ 2011. Winners will be notified via email and mobile telephone (to the email/phone number account registered with the Promoter on their hmv.com account) within 24 hours from 10am on 01/07/ 2011. The sending of an email to the email address registered on the winner’s hmv.com account will be sufficient notification for this purpose and the Promoter will not be responsible for any failure by a winner to receive that email. Entrants must ensure their contact details are correct in 'my account' on hmv.com including telephone number in order for contact to be made. Please note it is essential that you provide the correct email address, otherwise the Promoter may not be able to contact a winner for this prize draw and therefore the entry will be considered null and void.

5. The Promoter must receive confirmation of the winner’s prize claim within 3 days of the Promoter sending the notification and respond to, or the winner’s claim will lapse and automatically become void. If the entry selected is invalid, adjudged void or a prize claim lapses, another entrant may be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries at the Promoter’s sole discretion (but the Promoter shall have no obligation to do so).

6. 6 The two selected winners will receive:

2 x Pair of VIP tickets, a tent and 2 packs of complimentary Tennent’s Lager Be Chilled (Total 4 tickets, 2 tents, 4 x be chilled 4 packs)

7 Prize terms and conditions: entrants must be aged of 18 or over.

8. The winners must be available for press relating to the prize draw. By entering the prize draw, entrants consent to the use of their names and place of residence for publicity purposes relating to this Promotion in any media carried out by the Promoter, without payment or compensation.

9. The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.

10. For the name of the prize winners, please send a stamped self addressed envelope marked T IN THE PARK COMP, hmvtickets, The Promotions Dept, HMV, Film House, 142 Wardour Street, London, W1F 8LN within 28 days of the draw date. No other telephone contact or correspondence will be entered into except with the winning entrant.

11. These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.

12. All instructions relating to this promotion form part of the terms and conditions.

13. The Promoter’s decision in the exercise of interpretation of any rights or discretion in connection with these terms and conditions shall be final and binding. Customers who register on hmvdigital.com will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and to their interpretation under English law.

14. Entrant’s may be contacted by the Promoter in the future about their new products and or services available. Entrants who do not wish this to occur should tick the box specified.

15. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law (but not otherwise) the Promoter assumes no responsibility and is not liable for: (i) the accuracy or otherwise of the prize description or illustration, (ii) any representation, warranty, condition or guarantee in respect of a prize, (iii) the non-availability, failed, loss, late receipt, interception or damage of any entry, prize-claim, prize, notification or other communication, (iv) any circumstances beyond its reasonable control; or (v) any taxes, fees, charges or other costs which winners may be required to pay any time in connection with a prize.

16. The winner and their guest will be solely responsible for all additional costs incurred. The purehmv member is also responsible for travel to and from the airport in the UK, meals and refreshments.

17. Promoter: HMV, Film House, 142 Wardour Street, London W1F 8LN.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/2011/06/24/guy-and-dolls-coldplay-s-guy-berryman-to-play-twice-at-this-years-t-in-the-park-86908-23223683/

Jun 24 2011 Rick Fulton

Coldplay's Guy Berryman will have his work cut out at this year's T in the Park - he's hoping to perform twice. The 33-year-old festival local boy from Kirkcaldy will be headlining with Chris Martin and the boys on the Saturday.

But beforehand the band's bass player is hoping to get on stage with American sisters The Pierces, whose career he resurrected when he produced their breakout album You & I. The girls, still on a high after it reached number four in the charts, are the latest act to be named for next month's T, when they play on the Saturday.

Allison who sings and plays guitar alongside sister Catherine, said: "We've talked about him coming on stage and playing a song or two. He's told us about T in the Park and said he loved going home and playing one of his favourite festivals."

The Pierces had split up after slogging away for nine years when Guy approached them in 2009 to produce new material. It would become You & I, their fourth album that went to number four in May. Allison said: "Honestly, he saved us. Our success now is all because of him. We had given up. We didn't see any hope and couldn't see where the next step would be, so we split up. If he hadn't come along, Catherine and I would be doing solo projects. We're hoping to do our next album with him as well. We've started talking about it, it's just a matter of when."

Guy and his production partner Rik Simpson took the sisters, originally from Birmingham, Ala-bama, into the Electric Lady Studios in New York. here and in Coldplay's studio, The Bakery in north London, they worked on You & I's summery folk-rock tunes. They will be the perfect pastoral pleasure for T in the Park, which begins on July 8 and features Arctic Monkeys, Foo Fighters and Coldplay as headliners. The gorgeous sisters will join Beyonce, The Saturdays and KT Tunstall to add extra glamour to the weekend's line-up.

And Allison, who has been living in London with Catherine while promoting and touring their album, swore: "We promise to bring some Alabama sunshine."

She also promised they wouldn't let their standards slip at Balado. Allison said: "If it's raining on stage I will not be wearing wellies."

She added: "We have heard some great things about T. It is one of everyone's favourites. "We've played in Glasgow and Edinburgh already and know the Scottish audiall as sexy ences are the best so we can't wait to see what a Scottish festival is like. In general, festivals are much more raw and you never know what you're going to get. There are more chances of things getting wrong but that makes it more exciting."

Unlike most squabbling siblings in bands, such as Oasis and The Kinks, The Pierces aren't at each other's throats. Allison said: "We fight but we don't get physical or hit each other. We really love each other and have learnt to fight maturely."

She's laughing now. The sisters, both in their early 30s, have been singing together since they were kids "as soon as we could talk", and playing professionally for 12 years. They will be in London until the end of the summer and will be waiting for Guy to work out times he can leave his day job as Coldplay's bassist to produce them. It's something they thoroughly enjoyed last time. Allison said: "He's not a really hard task master but very focused and lives for music. Something people don't know about him is that he plays pretty much instrument.

"He played most of the electric guitar on the album, he played pretty much all percussion, he started out as a drummer, and a little bit of keys. "He's incredibly talent and very inspiring."

They will be hoping Guy can steer them to American success. Like the Kings of Leon and The Killers, they've had to find success first in the UK. She said: "You & I feels like a new beginning. Every record we did we kept saying this is our last chance, but we keep getting more chances. The success in the UK doesn't surprise us because we've been through so much. But we are so happy things are going well now."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/2011/06/24/guy-and-dolls-coldplay-s-guy-berryman-to-play-twice-at-this-years-t-in-the-park-86908-23223683/

Jun 24 2011 Rick Fulton

Coldplay's Guy Berryman will have his work cut out at this year's T in the Park - he's hoping to perform twice.

The 33-year-old festival local boy from Kirkcaldy will be headlining with Chris Martin and the boys on the Saturday.

But beforehand the band's bass player is hoping to get on stage with American sisters The Pierces, whose career he resurrected when he produced their breakout album You & I. The girls, still on a high after it reached number four in the charts, are the latest act to be named for next month's T, when they play on the Saturday.

Allison who sings and plays guitar alongside sister Catherine, said: "We've talked about him coming on stage and playing a song or two.

"He's told us about T in the Park and said he loved going home and playing one of his favourite festivals."

Ooooh! Yay! I get to see him twice then. :dazzled: