✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-July-2011] Coldplay @ T in the Park, Balado, Kinross-shire, Scotland

Mimixxx

I'm with Guy and ticking_clocks!

But I prefer Shiver to Everything's Not Lost.. For me that song is just a bit.. uhm.. boring? They could have played both Speed of Sound AND Lovers In Japan instead of it, and still just use a minute or so longer.

LOL. So true, not so much the boring part, but the length! I Would prefer LiJ, Speed of sound or shiver over Everythings not lost.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna duck my head and run out of here after I say this, but I agree with him..

I prefer CoL to Shiver..

Aw, no, I wasn't making a point about what anyone prefers :)

I was just meaning that Guy is/has been an ass about Shiver...so much so that I'm amazed it's on the set at all.

(Having said that I think both the majority of fans (including casual) and newbies would enjoy that amazing new version of Shiver a lot more.

But I prefer Shiver to Everything's Not Lost.. For me that song is just a bit.. uhm.. boring?

I can tell you've never heard ENL live!! It's not my favourite song of theirs by far, but I've seen them more than ten times live and heard ENL just once, and have to say it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen them do (apart from Warning Sign, perhaps) :heart:

Yes,for me Everything's not lost is a bit boring...I prefer Trouble instead of EnL

I dont like this festivals setlists so much :/

Trouble is also unbelievably good live. They played it a lot at the very start of the Viva tour :)

I love the setlist! But I just wish for 42, that song is epic, studio and live.

Agreed on that, 42 is absolutely epic and one of the best songs of the Viva era :)

I prefer CoL live to Shiver live but prefer Shiver's studio version.

I would prefer something like Lovers In Japan or Princess of China instead or even play CoL AND Shiver but drop Lost! unless they are using the massive balls, they should of released them at Glastonbury despite the flags, would of being interesting to say the least :P

I can tell you've never heard ENL live!! It's not my favourite song of theirs by far, but I've seen them more than ten times live and heard ENL just once, and have to say it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen them do (apart from Warning Sign, perhaps) :heart:

I agree, ENL live is awesome!

*Hi Pete*

Oh ok well everybody has there preference.. and I do agree, I'm sure shiver would please more people, plus it's so old its like new to new fans! And the new live version is amazing. I guess not everyone can get what they want, not even the members of coldplay themselves! lol

I liked it on the Live 2003 DVD, but at least they got the crowd going then. When they played it at Glastonbury, it seemed that the audience didn't know the song and that everyone just waited for it to finish. If it was 2 minutes shorter it would work even with a quiet crowd, but I feel it's just to repetitive (the guitar part), just like In My Place. Very entertaining at the start, but when you listen to exactly the same thing over and over again you want something new! So I feel it's just too long, so eventually I get bored and start to wait for a new song.. Sadly.

just wants to see Coldplay live again. :cry: they could sing Zingzillas songs so long as i was there on front row!!! :lol:

Same here, Jen!!! And I looked up the Zingzillas :lol: Most of my music these days comes from kids shows :shame: :P

To everyone at T in the Park tonight - hope you have a great time! :dance: