✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-July-2011] Coldplay @ T in the Park, Balado, Kinross-shire, Scotland

Mimixxx

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVED the show tonight! Coldplay was just amazing. Chris' voice sounded fantastic and there was only one minor error throughout the whole show during GPASUYF, but it was fine, Chris shaked it off and kept going. :D Fantastic playing by all four boys. I thought it was really sweet when Chris put Guy in the spotlight during Us Against The World. Guy was all smiley--> :D It was also sweet that he dedicated Fix You to his mum. Coldplay showed lots of energy tonight and they looked very happy to be playing. The crowd was fantastic as well jumping and singing along. I was watching from the comfort of my room but I was singing and dancing along as well to every song. :) I'm also very glad that BBC decided to show the whole show instead of the good chunk they kept mentioning. :P Truly, another great show by Coldplay tonight, and I can't wait to see them live again in person.... :wacko:

Every show I've seen they have been amazing!!!

I'm so happy to be able to see the shows through live streaming. Thanks to those who make it possible. I am grateful!

Now I can't wait until LP5 and a US tour...although US crowds are never as amazing as European crowds.

And i also respect and understand your point of view, but when compared to Glastonbury, Gothenburg and Werchter for example, i think this performance doesnt necessarily stand out for me, all the more so even though it has been specifically televised.

Fair enough.

That's the beauty of art - appreciation of it is (and always should be) totally subjective. I haven't seen Gothenburg and Werchter (I confess I don't need to see every televised performance on this festival tour, nor am I passing judgement or looking down on anyone who has been watching all the streams) but I prefer tonight to Glastonbury - for one the sound mix has been vastly superior, in my opinion...

Hmmm, would have to disagree there. It was very good/great quality for me. This coming from stream 2 on magictv.

I guess different computer/servers/websites interact differently. Usually this will stream anything even when multi-tasking,lol.

But the band were amazing!! Have I ever mentioned I really FREAKIN/ LOVE COLDPLAY??? :D

This was incredible! Couldn't agree more when people say that it was one of their best. Glastonbury succeeded this one for me, but it was nonetheless spectacular. As previously stated, Chris' voice continues to sound great--loads better than it did near the end of Viva (though, I still thought he sounded wonderful). The Travis cover was lovely, of course. And I'm sure it meant a lot for Guy to play there as well. You could see how happy he was throughout the show and especially at the end (he was the last to go off stage and certainly didn't appear as though he wanted to!).

Makes me incredibly envious of anyone that gets to see them while they're playing this setlist. Shiver, Life Is For Living, Everything's Not Lost....If only RXP Festival hadn't been cancelled....(Yes, I'm still bitter.)

My thoughts:

Good concert, but the broadcast was too blurry.

Guy lied to us about Shiver.

What was the crowd singing during the drum part of GPASUYF?

Liked how Chris wanted everyone to go nuts when Guy joined along during UATW.

Absolutely love the pre-Viva piano part after Politik.

I couldn't stand that guy they kept showing I think three times during the concert, the one the host commented on.

I like the different songs Chris plays before Fix You.

I thought when Chris was swinging his jacket around during Fix You, he was going to hit Jonny and mess him up.

ETIAW, very good.

Overall rating: 8.0 Rock Am Ring was 10. I compare every concert to that.

Have to say that this concert was awesome to watch!

Jonny was in top form today, as well as the other guys. But man, that guitarplaying!

Best version of IMP that I've heard so far, with the 'oops' from Chris and the Beyonce reference with 'to the left to the left'. Also the crowd was alive and kicking ass =D

Overall amazing! People were very lucky to be there and to be able to see that live.

IMO Glasto & RAR was better but this could be because of the stream quality which wasn't perfect for me. :(

It's always hard to judge when you're not there in person yourself. Loads of the 'atmosphere' gets lost in transmission, so it might have been a million times better in reality ...

Saying that, I thought that Oeiras/Portugal was at least as good as TITP :)

The show was just amazing. On par with Glastonbury or maybe even better. The band played the best version of Major Minus since Rock am Ring and Fix You was also great with Chris dedicating it to his mum. I'm loving the new version of GPASUYF and tonight's version was the best yet, I've never seen Will pound those drums as hard as he did tonight on that song. Guy also got a huge applause as he was in his home country and was really energized tonight. I felt the band and crowd really brought it tonight. Chris hasn't sounded so good live since probably near the end of the AROBTTH tour in 2003. GREAT effort by the band tonight.

What a great performance from the guys! I was getting a bit worried that the entire concert wouldn't be broadcast (even moreso because the guys started late), but overall a very rewarding experience. The guys really seemed to be enjoying themselves (especially Guy!).

There was only one minor mess-up during GPASUYF, but everything else went very smoothly. Major Minus, Shiver, and Lost! sounded particularly good, and there was a very good singalong from the crowd with Viva. Politik was epic, as always, although there could have been better participation from the crowd on Everything's Not Lost (I suppose there weren't too many there that were familiar with it, though, since it isn't one of their more popular songs). The encore was spectacular, and I love that Chris sang a bit of 'Why Does It Always Rain On Me?'.

In my opinion, better than the Glastonbury performance. Well done, Coldplay!

I found the show absolutely amazing, loved each performance (as usual it's Politik the breath-taking one for me), and 'Why does it always rain on me' was an added value, it was so nice from the guys to tribute Travis, who are Scottish and among those bands who inspired them. The crowd looked great too, even though I have to agree with the guy who said that those close shots on ppl who did not know the lyrics were not that nice!

My review:

I really think this was better than Rock am Ring, because it seemed that they had more energy today, and they were also a lot tighter in their performance.

It was great to see them use their excitement in the right way, to make the music more powerful, and not as in Glastonbury, where they used all the adrenalin to overdo it and make mistakes.

The crowd sounded amazing as well. Although not singing along with Glastonbury-power, they really showed how excited they were and showed their appreciation to Coldplay. Also good to see that they never "fell asleep", they were consistently alive and it seemed like they enjoyed every song.

Jonny was great, Guy enjoyed himself, Will had a lot of energy and Chris was focused and didn't do any major fuck ups.

Shiver and Everything's Not Lost were the songs I doubted before the show started, but they both worked really well and surprisingly I enjoyed them really much! But I still missed Cemeteries of London, as well as Speed of Sound and Lovers In Japan.

Hurts Like Heaven wasn't as good as in France, and Major Minus not as good as at Glastonbury, but except from that, they did everything so perfect that I'll give them a 9,5 out of 10.