✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[9-July-2011] Coldplay @ T in the Park, Balado, Kinross-shire, Scotland

Mimixxx

Too tired to function.

I know you all saw it and yes it was awesome. 20x better than Main Square, it was a completely different band. Brilliant!

I agree. Chris appeared to be on cracking form, and infinitely more talkative and "spontaneous" than he was at Arras. Oh well, luck of the draw, I guess.

Saying that, Chris also seemed to be a lot less restricted on the "T" stage, making it easier for him to move and jump around, which must have helped.

Didn't t look like he had any cameramen around his feet, either.

As for T...think that's my first and last time there...

Same here with Arras.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay :D

and that crowd did look rough :shocked2:

They really were. They had this stupid Golden circle thing going on, whereby you had to queue after each act to get in, we were almost crushed to death trying to get in before Coldplay. People were surging and the barriers were really narrow, it was scary. The guards did absolutely nothing.

Some people were being sick or were too inebriated on whatever to function, others were launching drinks into the air and crowd surfing. One idiot was even standing on someone's shoulders. People were lurching so much we managed to get from row 11 to row 4 by the end.

Those who were compos mentis though were brilliant, it really was a spectacular crowd. They all went wild for Guy when Chris was being very sweet and bigging him up massively. The Why Does it Always Rain on me cover was inspired too.

Can't wait to watch the whole thing back.

But no T is definitely not for me, but it was an experience.

They really were. They had this stupid Golden circle thing going on, whereby you had to queue after each act to get in, we were almost crushed to death trying to get in before Coldplay. People were surging and the barriers were really narrow, it was scary. The guards did absolutely nothing.

The same as happened at PinkPop then. I hope this isn't a trend with festivals now. Sounds like a complete and utter joke.:dozey:

For this very reason, I'm glad I wasn't at either PP OR T (and I had seriously considered going to PP).

At least that didn't happen at Arras, for all its faults.

And if festival organisers are going to to that, they should make it clear on the tickets or website beforehand, so that people don't then waste their time queuing all day for a good spot, thinking it's theirs for the day if they want it. It's unfair.

Actually, if it had been done this way at Arras, it might not have been such a bad thing, as I wouldn't have had to endure the likes of PJ Harvey and Portishead at close range!:P

Some people were being sick or were too inebriated on whatever to function, others were launching drinks into the air and crowd surfing. One idiot was even standing on someone's shoulders. People were lurching so much we managed to get from row 11 to row 4 by the end.

Again, that doesn't surprise me in the least. When I see people even sitting on another's shoulders (as often happens at Glasto) I think it's bang out of order, unfair on those standing behind, and should never be allowed.

Of course, standing on somebody's shoulders is also extremely dangerous and could easily result in somebody being seriously injured.:dozey:

By the way, was it that lunatic guy wearing a hat and no shirt I spotted during GPASUYF?:dozey:

The Why Does it Always Rain on me cover was inspired too, particularly as I'm a big Travis fan, and first met Chris as he was leaving a Travis gig at London's Astoria.

I couldn't agree more. Chris at his "spontaneous" best. The standout highlight for me.

I also loved how he sang "I'm going to 'T In The Park' " at the end of "The Scientist". Simple, but very effective!

But no T is definitely not for me, but it was an experience.

Pretty much what I said about Arras. No regrets, but never again.

Incidentally, watching the boys at Glasto and T, and being at Arras, has reiterated to me how much I appreciate the older, classic songs when compared to the new ones.

I'm not saying I hate the new songs or anything like that, but it's still the likes of "In My Place", "Politik", "The Scientist", "GPASUYF" (particularly the latest live version, which is brilliant), "Clocks", "Shiver", "Everything's Not Lost", "Spies", "Trouble" and "Don't Panic" that do it for me every time they're played.

That goes for VLV and "Violet Hill", for that matter.

Saying that, "MX" makes for a pretty good opening song - IMO, much better than LIT. And ETIAW is a pretty good "party" song to play at the end.;)

Did anybody else just start clapping along, too, or just me?

Me too! :awesome:

Is it just me, or has Chris' voice been sounding more "consistent" lately?

This year his voice is perfect :wacky:

Chris asked Will to be quiet so they could listen to everybody sing :p

Yep :D

That was such an adorable ending. 'It's shameless to say, but it's true',lol. Love ya,Chris!! :D

Great of you, Chris :heart:

guitar before the ohh = :awesome:

:smug:

Life Is For Living :heart: Oh how I love this song :dazzled:

Couldn't agree more! I'm so happy they're playing it at the festivals, it's so involving and breathtaking:dazzled:

The tribute to Travis was so unexpected but amazing! Well done, the least they could do at a Scottish festival! Proud of the guys!

+1 :nice:

Fix You was amazing. Chris was so into it as always, as was the band and crowd of course.

His vocals on ETIAW has been solid so far too!

Fix You was so great, and ETIAW as well :smug:

MY ONE AND ONLY DREAM IN LIFE....

Hi,i saw coldplay at tin the park last night.WOW guys what a fantastic performance,i also saw coldplay at wembley 18 sept,2008.in my view coldplay are the worlds best band.Who agrees.Also i'm a musician/singer/songwriter/impersonator and i've been a massive fan of coldplay since the start,my fav songs are-Politik-etiaw-clocks-scientist-well i love all coldplay music.I have my own studio where i live in princes risborough,buckinghamshire,and as i'm utterley dedicated to the music of coldplay i perform live in my studio most days.i work really hard loving,performing,learning their music.MY ONE AND ONLY DREAM IN LIFE IS TO-MEET,SING,SPEND TIME WITH COLDPLAY.CAN ANYONE HELP ME FORFILl THIS DREAM.?????

Guest howyousawtheworld

Watched the performance on iplayer. Fantastic stuff. I think Chris's voice in this set was the strongest it's ever been. Probably the stongest vocal performance I've seen from him. The encore they gave was probably the best encore they've ever done and the small Travis tribute in there was really so great to hear (It'd be amazing if Chris and Fran Healy perform on a song together!). And Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - probably the best reception it's ever been given. It seemed they really had fun with that song.

And I thought the reception Guy got from his home crowd especially in Us Against The World and the end when Chris held his arms up when they applauded the crowd was really wonderful and touching. They were clearly proud of him!

It was good watching it, although some of the newer tracks were a bit too quiet to hear over the sound of fridges. Same set-list as Glastonbury (bar 1 snippet), so they get marked down on that, and compared to Arctic Monkey's set, the Arctic Monkeys were better

In fact, having now watched the whole set, I would go as far as to say it was one of Coldplay's truly great performances. They really were on cracking form.:cool:

Oh, and having heard "Charlie Brown" again, I reckon it has the potential to become one of their truly great songs. It has a great vibe about it.

Watched the performance on iplayer. Fantastic stuff. I think Chris's voice in this set was the strongest it's ever been. Probably the stongest vocal performance I've seen from him. The encore they gave was probably the best encore they've ever done and the small Travis tribute in there was really so great to hear (It'd be amazing if Chris and Fran Healy perform on a song together!). And Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall - probably the best reception it's ever been given. It seemed they really had fun with that song.

And I thought the reception Guy got from his home crowd especially in Us Against The World and the end when Chris held his arms up when they applauded the crowd was really wonderful and touching. They were clearly proud of him!

Actually Chris and Fran Healy DID perform together, once at a joint gig around 2001 or 2002.

Actually Chris and Fran Healy DID perform together, once at a joint gig around 2001 or 2002.

They have great respect for one another, which is fantastic, as I think they're both brilliant.

Fran's solo concert in Brussels on Valentine's Day was my live music highlight of the year so far.:cool:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I meant on a proper track like Chris has done with Jay Z (?), Kanye West or Michael Stipe (In The Sun cover). That would be brilliant.

I'd like to know more of that performance though!