✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-July-2011] Coldplay @ Splendour In The Grass festival, Australia

njshaw

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music industry's an incestuous place, my friend. Just because I don't book for Splendour itself doesn't mean I don't book for venues in the rest of the country that receive a lot (i.e. most) of the bands when they move around to other cities..

That's all I'll say. Take it or leave it :)

The music industry's an incestuous place, my friend. Just because I don't book for Splendour itself doesn't mean I don't book for venues in the rest of the country that receive a lot (i.e. most) of the bands when they move around to other cities..

That's all I'll say. Take it or leave it :)

I smell speculation, not actual trufax.

Chloe, I'm 14 too and my name is Chloe too xDD

OMGOMGOMG Kanye West and Coldplay at the same festival? I MUST be dreaming.

But as amazing as this sounds, I don't think it's worth it, you know the flights and apparently tickets cost like $350 or something.

AS MUCH as I want to go, I'll probably wait for them to come to Melbourne.

2010 TICKET PRICES

Event-only ticket (Camping NOT included):

* Event-only ticket - $350 (inc gst) + $10.20 booking fees (inc gst) = $360.20 online or $362.20 for phone bookings (additional $2 fee).

* Carbon Offset Event-only ticket - $353 (inc gst) + $10.25 booking fees (inc gst) = $363.25 onlineor $365.25 for phone bookings (addition $2 fee).

Event and camping ticket:

* Event and camping ticket - $450 (inc gst) + $11.80 booking fees (inc gst) = $461.80 online or $463.80 for phone bookings (additional $2 fee).

* Carbon Offset Event and Camping ticket - $453 (inc gst) + $11.85 booking fees (inc gst) = $464.85 online or$466.85 for phone bookings (additional $2 fee).

Not cheap! it's the second most expensive festival in the world after Fuji Rock in Japan. if they do manage to secure coldplay and kanye or even just one of them, the prices will go up as both of them will demand high appearance fees (i know you guys probably like to think coldplay are humble and not greedy but when you're stadium trotters its hard not to be like that)

just out of curiousity. assuming the rumours are true. how many of you are actually willing to spend $400+ just to see coldplay at this festival? and ignore the 30 to 40 other awesome indie bands at the fest over the 3 days?

Yes, I am. I wouldnt think twice.

Chloe, I'm 14 too and my name is Chloe too xDD

OMGOMGOMG Kanye West and Coldplay at the same festival? I MUST be dreaming.

But as amazing as this sounds, I don't think it's worth it, you know the flights and apparently tickets cost like $350 or something.

AS MUCH as I want to go, I'll probably wait for them to come to Melbourne.

WOW that is so cool,

where you from?

This would be fantastic. Road trip up to QLD to see the most amazing band in the world. Tickets are pricy, but I'm saving up now (just in case).

How quickly do you think tickets sell out?

last year was 2 hours. i'm expecting the same this year. basically you log on and wait in line for your turn to buy ( in a virtual sense)