✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-July-2011] Coldplay @ Splendour In The Grass festival, Australia

njshaw

Win tickets to Splendour In The Grass and flights to Australia

11527_102959_SplendourInTheGrassPR270511.jpg

Win tickets to Splendour In The Grass and flights to Australia

With Kanye West, Coldplay and Pulp playing Australia's Splendour In The Grass festival - who could say no to a few days in the sunshine watching some brilliant bands? Well the people behind the eleventh anniversary of the event, which will see 81 acts giving their all across three stages, are giving you the chance to grab tickets to the festival and flights to Australia.

Splendour In The Grass festival takes place from July 29 till 31 in Queensland and will see the likes of Devendra Banhart And The Grogs, Modest Mouse and James Blake play in the Australian sunshine.

For more information on the festival, visit http://www.splendourinthegrass.com

To win two camping tickets and two AirAsia flights, just log in at the bottom of this page and answer the question.

Competition closes Friday June 10.

http://www.nme.com/win/1844

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splendour in the Grass. Are you going?

So, Im posting this here as more people check this side. Let me know if you are going to Splendour? I thought it would be fun to get some Coldplaying tshirts made up like from Wembley, so we can dominate the front row! Who's in?

hello!

anyone knows if i can still find a hotel nearby at this point of time? and will there be any transport to fetch us back to the hotel?

they will announce bus info soon. it might not get you directly to where you want but should help you get part of the way there. if i were you i would try and find camping or caravan facilities that are near the site. but check out the website. it is really useful and informative.

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency in Coolum, which is a one hour drive away. We have a rental car and a car park pass.

you can add at least another 1.5hrs to that trip time just for getting out of the site each night. but i guess if you start your day late then getting back late shouldnt be an issue.

i'm very happy to be camping on site. got myself a $60 fold up 3 man tent for me and my mate. we'll probably get hypothermia sleeping in there but oh well its all about the music :P

it's getting close!! i just wish they would announce the timetable earlier so i know which bands i might need to familiarise myself with to keep myself occupied.

OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! I just won the Channel V competition with the Splendour VIP upgrade so I get to watch the Coldplay gig from the side of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! I just won the Channel V competition with the Splendour VIP upgrade so I get to watch the Coldplay gig from the side of the stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is very, very awesome news! (That is me also containing insane jealousy). I never know what to write in those "write 25-words or less" competitions. I can never decide which to be -- crazy fan-girl, heartfelt, or as normal-sounding as possible. Still, very happy and excited for you, Lucy!

We should get together! :cheesy: I'd like to meet some of my fellow Coldplayers.

I'm going with a friend who isn't exactly, shall we say, Coldplay-orientated, but I think she'd appreciate the experience in any case.

Not much longer now. Woo.

Thanks Ian !

I am STOKED! I F****** LOVE Coldplay! Cant believe Ive won again! It was the same guy at Channel V who called me 2 years ago when I won the Perth soundcheck, and he remembered me, lol. :stunned: Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! I seriously cannot imagine what it's like to watch from the stage. Have you done it?

splendour2011.jpg

Splendour releases playing times (Coldplay - Sunday 31st July: 10.45pm - 12am)

http://splendourinthegrass.com/assets/2011/SITG2011_PlayingTimes_MainStages_DL-sml.pdf (pdf download)

SPLENDOUR in the Grass organisers have released the playing times for the main stages one month out from the three-day festival. It comes as no surprise that international headliners Kanye West, Coldplay and Jane’s Addiction will be playing the closing shows at the Amphitheatre, which holds 10,000 punters.

In an interesting combination, Modest Mouse and The Hives will play before Kanye West on the Friday night. Jane’s Addiction will be supported by fellow rockers The Mars Volta and The Living End, and the Kaiser Chiefs and Pulp will help Coldplay close the festival on the Sunday night.

Gracing the GW McLennan Tent on Friday are Boy and Bear, Gotye and Mogwai, followed by Seeker Lover Keeper, Gomez and Regina Spektor on Saturday and The Panics and Devendra Banhart on Sunday. The high-energy Mix Up Tent will feature DJ sets in between each main act.

Aussie festival favourites Bluejuice and DJ Shadow play Mix Up on Friday night, followed by Architecture in Helsinki and PNAU on Saturday and Friendly Fires, Cut Copy and Bliss N Eso on Sunday night.

http://www.noosanews.com.au/story/2011/06/30/splendour-releases-playing-times/