✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-July-2011] Coldplay @ Splendour In The Grass festival, Australia

njshaw

I thought they'd be playing if not a full set, at least close to. I thought the main acts usually took the stage at around 10PM and were done sometime near 12AM, if I'm not mistaken?

not quite. headliners are splendour typically do an 80min set maybe a tad longer. which i guess isn't that much shorter than a normal cp concert.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, right. Thank you. For an hour and twenty minutes, that will be around 14+ songs, I'd assume. The concerts during the "Twisted Logic Tour" clocked in at around 17 songs over 1.5 hours, and for their last tour, pretty sure time on stage was almost 2 hours.

Suppose we'll see soon enough.

I'm working on my fellows here to get a group going up from Adelaide.

I'm still tossing up whether it's worth it, or whether to wait til they do their album tour.

I don't care what the Oracle says, if they're doing festival shows without playing any new material, I'll be sad..especially after $500 to get there etc.

Im in Adelaide too!!! There are a few of us.....

Network Ten have been in touch, they want some Coldplayers to interview as part of a story on the Splendour/Coldplay stuff. I've asked them to post here in this thread but in the meantime please let us know in this thread if you are interested in helping! :)

HELLS YEAH I'LL HELP

Guys this might sound a little stupid, but why is everyone saying they would rather wait a year to see Coldplay? I know they are releasing a new album this year, but does that mean a definite 2012 Australia tour for the album too?

Guys this might sound a little stupid, but why is everyone saying they would rather wait a year to see Coldplay? I know they are releasing a new album this year, but does that mean a definite 2012 Australia tour for the album too?

I'd rather pay $~150 to see Coldplay at their own show next year than $500 to see them and only three other bands I like at a festival.

It's not 100% confirmed they'll be returning next year but it'd be very surprising if they're not back before the end of next year. It doesn't take -that- long to tour the rest of the world.

I don't think a new album release this year means a definite tour of Australia in 2012 -- I'm more thinking they'll be back here in 2013; between travelling the world over and the mini-breaks they'll take, I think that would be a more accurate assumption.

Last time Coldplay were in my home state, I went to all of their shows, and I kind of promised myself that the next time they come out to Australia, I'll follow them around the country, then the time after that, go see them internationally.

So that would be great, if it worked out you were able to see them while you're over there.