✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-July-2011] Coldplay @ Splendour In The Grass festival, Australia

njshaw

OKay so they took out Lost! and replaced Shiver for Cemeteries of London, took out Violet Hill, and played Everything's Not Lost. That's it right?

No :blank:

They played Violet Hill.

They played Shiver but not Cemeteries of London.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No :blank:

They played Violet Hill.

They played Shiver but not Cemeteries of London.

Wait sorry I meant they replaced Cemeteries of London for Shiver. :facepalm: And I thought they had taken out Violet Hill because of the setlist picture that I saw on page 39, Violet Hill wasn't on there. :P

Guest howyousawtheworld

Anyone got any videos of the show on youtube? Missed it - had far more important matters to attend to...as in watching Jenson Button win the Hungarian Grand Prix!

Anyone got any videos of the show on youtube? Missed it - had far more important matters to attend to...as in watching Jenson Button win the Hungarian Grand Prix!

There should be updates on YouTube tomorrow latest.

VirginMobile will update their channel with some kind of 'best of ...' :)

Haven't checked yet whether someone else already uploaded videos of it though ... :\

You can see it on Guy's left

It's in between the screens. Normally they had a wall of screens but I think they didn't have enough space this time to put them all up

wall.png

I'll see if I can make a better screen capture further into the show

photo_t325.JPG

Coldplay closes Splendour

THE cold didn’t stop punters from packing into Woodfordia’s Amphitheatre to see Coldplay close Splendour in the Grass. The British rockers were in top form last night following glowing reports from Glastonbury.

Lead singer Chris Martin’s wife Gwyneth Paltrow was nowhere in sight when the band gathered backstage before their set. Where Kanye West and Jane’s Addiction had dancers in their shows, Coldplay opted for lasers, glow in the dark paint and a graffitied piano.

The crowd was more than happy to sing happy birthday to drummer Will Champion, who celebrated his 33rd birthday yesterday. Martin apologised after releasing Champion’s birthday balloons into the sky. “I shouldn’t have done that. This is an environmentally friendly festival,” he said. “We travelled all this way and I (expletive) it up with the (expletive) balloons.”

Martin dedicated The Scientist to fellow Brits Pulp, who played before them at what will possibly be their last Australian show. “Bands like that should never break up,” said Martin.

http://www.noosanews.com.au/story/2011/08/01/coldplay-closes-splendour/

photo_t325.JPG

Coldplay closes Splendour

THE cold didn’t stop punters from packing into Woodfordia’s Amphitheatre to see Coldplay close Splendour in the Grass. The British rockers were in top form last night following glowing reports from Glastonbury.

Lead singer Chris Martin’s wife Gwyneth Paltrow was nowhere in sight when the band gathered backstage before their set. Where Kanye West and Jane’s Addiction had dancers in their shows, Coldplay opted for lasers, glow in the dark paint and a graffitied piano.

The crowd was more than happy to sing happy birthday to drummer Will Champion, who celebrated his 33rd birthday yesterday. Martin apologised after releasing Champion’s birthday balloons into the sky. “I shouldn’t have done that. This is an environmentally friendly festival,” he said. “We travelled all this way and I (expletive) it up with the (expletive) balloons.”

Martin dedicated The Scientist to fellow Brits Pulp, who played before them at what will possibly be their last Australian show. “Bands like that should never break up,” said Martin.

http://www.noosanews.com.au/story/2011/08/01/coldplay-closes-splendour/

Last night, my expletive ass. It was this afternoon, I'm serious.