✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-July-2011] Coldplay @ Splendour In The Grass festival, Australia

njshaw

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

amazing show .. wow !!! i enjoyed it sooo much, singing-aling like a crazy ..

though some people with theirs comments on Youtube really annoyed me .. they were so arrogant and stupid:|

It's always like that. During Kaiser Chiefs they were like "Is this a new Cold play song???" :laugh3: And then they say Coldplay sucks and all that. Nothing new, I've seen a lot of those live-stream chats.

Please write a review, the longer the better! mucho gracias! :D

All the new songs sounded better than they usually do live, the video was really jumpy and disorienting but the energy of the band was like this was their first gig, the crowd was really into it, Will had a birthday, Chris threw his balloons in the air and then cursed staining their environmentally friendly image, the opening chords of Fix You turned into an Amy Winehouse - Rehab tribute, and altogether the show couldn't have gone better :)

Just putting it out there... Whoever was in charge of the cameras for the live stream has NO IDEA what they're doing! Seriously, they were practically showing footage of the toilets in the next village whilst the stage was going ballistic. We didn't see any fireworks, we didn't see any full stage shots - the best we got was some side-of-the-stage shot, we didn't get to see Will end the show with his drumming in ETIAW. It was all close-ups. What is this? Amateur hour?

Apart from that! WOOOOO! COLDPLAY ARE IN AUSTRALIA! Great show! Happy Birthday Will you champ! (ay, see what I did there?!) I'll be looking out for those balloons!

I'd like to add that I like Everything's Not Lost and Shiver back again. They always seem to switch Shiver around with Cemeteries Of London, another song I love, but not as much.

^Yeah, the filming was pretty bad imo. Always those close-ups. Kaiser Chiefs were shot way better.

amazing show .. wow !!! i enjoyed it sooo much, singing-aling like a crazy ..

though some people with theirs comments on Youtube really annoyed me .. they were so arrogant and stupid:|

thats why you ignore them...just full screen your player and you won't even see them :)

Caught the show from Everything's Not Lost onward. The show was at 8:45 a.m. EST for me and I couldn't get up that early sunday morning Highlights from that are obviously the AW tribute and the crowd. I havent caught a live show stream since the itunes fest but this crowd was something special. Could tell the band was really into it and was giving it a little something extra. Vividly remember the 'Balloons incident' (Chris releasing Will's B-day balloons and then regretting the environmentally unfriendly act), Chris's ad-lib at the beginning of Politik and long intro to Us Against the World. Only lowlight was not being able to stream properly in the beginning so i had to down the quality of the video and also the shoddy camera direction by the crew film this (too many crowd shots and overlay glitch during Charlie Brown). Just waiting now for MM to up the whole show so I can catch my favourite LP5 era song Hurts Like Heaven.

Just putting it out there... Whoever was in charge of the cameras for the live stream has NO IDEA what they're doing! Seriously, they were practically showing footage of the toilets in the next village whilst the stage was going ballistic. We didn't see any fireworks, we didn't see any full stage shots - the best we got was some side-of-the-stage shot, we didn't get to see Will end the show with his drumming in ETIAW. It was all close-ups. What is this? Amateur hour?

Apart from that! WOOOOO! COLDPLAY ARE IN AUSTRALIA! Great show! Happy Birthday Will you champ! (ay, see what I did there?!) I'll be looking out for those balloons!

The video was horrible. The whole first half of Fix You? Waving arms? And the jumpiness and all the cuts were just awful. My feed quality was awesome, no skipping, no cutting out, but the cameras were the worst. Disappointing.

It's always like that. During Kaiser Chiefs they were like "Is this a new Cold play song???" :laugh3: And then they say Coldplay sucks and all that. Nothing new, I've seen a lot of those live-stream chats.

it's just so stupid .. why they need to do like this .. not respectful at all and first of all they show that they're idiots .. :thinking: ok I need to calm down now :D.. too excited because of the show and I am being a bit emotional to everything

it's just so stupid .. why they need to do like this .. not respectful at all and first of all they show that they're idiots .. :thinking: ok I need to calm down now :D.. too excited because of the show and I am being a bit emotional to everything

I tried reasoning with them at first (it's like wrestling a stormcloud using chopsticks) and eventually discovered - to my utter joy - a sneaky little close chat button hidden in the corner. :D

But, I still squished the player so I couldn't see their comments!

And yes, a very exciting show :D

Yeah, the streaming was good. But seriously, all these shots of the crowd (and I mean the crowd way up the back where they're not doing anything) when there is intense energy on stage (like Fix You build up, ETIAW ending). Brilliant show though, really good to see them in such high spirits - I'm sure they're shot from all their travelling and probably having a hell of a time with jetlag.

Don't worry too much. Most people enjoyed the show, but didn't comment. Because those commenters seem to come right from the rectum of the internet.

My thoughts exactly ...!! :\

All this sudden cuts and overlapping & stuff made me feel really dizzy.

I don't mind close up shots from different bandmembers as long as they are lasting for a while and won't changed within a millisecond :(

Also, some whole stage shots would have been nice and fewer audience shots.

During Fix You they kinda just showed the audience and I didn't fancy seeing people leaving early to avoid the traffic, but I wanted to see the stage action ...

Oh well ... :(

These people are not watching the stream but just commenting to stir some shit ... :(

It's best to ignore them cause that's what bothers them the most.

My thoughts exactly ...!! :\

All this sudden cuts and overlapping & stuff made me feel really dizzy.

I don't mind close up shots from different bandmembers as long as they are lasting for a while and won't changed within a millisecond :(

Also, some whole stage shots would have been nice and fewer audience shots.

During Fix You they kinda just showed the audience and I didn't fancy seeing people leaving early to avoid the traffic, but I wanted to see the stage action ...

Oh well ... :(

totally agree. I think the director of whoever was in charge wanted to replicate the intense energy by using really fast cuts, flashing and unstable shots but it was just over the top. Like you, i would have loved to seen the stage action but instead we got close ups.

lol, here's the camera shots we saw when watching the stream

75% - Extremely close ups

10% - Crowd

10% - Audience

4.9% - Side shot (showing a part of the audience, chris' body and then a bunch of tents and toilets in the background)

0.1% - Stage Shot (i THINK we saw the whole stage at the start)

I saw the concert : good, specialy the Amy's dedicace by Chris (very gentleman)

but the video...not very good : too many "flash", too many audience on "fix you", not very pictures of several guys

is it a kangaroo as videoman ? (joke)