✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[31-July-2011] Coldplay @ Splendour In The Grass festival, Australia

njshaw

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, thanks guys .. I'll take ur suggestions it into account .. at some point the comments' box started to have loading problems .. so i was happy :D

and about the camera-men work .. what u say, i agree, though can't say i hated it .. somehow it reminded me live 2003 dvd (:? :S ) with those short and quick shots and close ups .. and I even liked it during Politik and Clocks .. i could feel the extra energy from the stage

It was Coldplay's shortest visit to Australia, but the celebrated English band had time enough to impress 30,000 fans as they closed the three-day Splendour in the Grass Festival

at Woodfordia in Queensland.

"It's not really the sort of place you'd come to for a day," said bass player Guy Berryman just before the show. "But we'll be back at some point in 2012 to do a proper tour."

The four-piece arrived in Australia on Saturday from Japan and leaves again today after their one-off headline performance at the festival, which included five songs from a new album

due for release in October. The new tracks, such as Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and Major Minus, bear all the hallmarks of the band's bombastic anthems Fix You and Yellow, which

were also fixtures in last night's show.

"When we started making this record we wanted it to be a small acoustic-sounding album," said Berryman, "but now it couldn't be further from that."

Coldplay last toured Australia in 2009, which included their performance of You're the Voice with John Farnham at the Sound Relief benefit concert in Sydney. "That was a lot of fun," Berryman said.

Including Coldplay, it was a day of Britpop at the Splendour site's main amphitheatre, with English acts Pulp, featuring Jarvis Cocker, Elbow and Kaiser Chiefs following local bands

the Vines and Cloud Control. Also featured over the weekend were American headliners Kanye West along with veteran rock band Jane's Addiction.

Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/splendoured-coldplay-drops-in/story-e6frg6nf-1226105594008

perfect show!!

Guys were pretty energic and also I was energic too :) I put on the headphone then started to sing...The songlist was same other concerts. Did you notice that videoshoot?? The shoot was amazing. Especially in major minus,what the hell was that?? I think guys should use this MM shoot for their clip.

Tonight's best performs are: God put a smile upon your face and politik (as usual) Chris throw away his guitar during gpasuyf and change the words during politik. ''Give me Splendour In The Grass on a night like this" and also we can clearly hear Jonny's voice, during politik.

I saw only one Happy birthday will poster :( there would be more..anyway Chris & guys celebrate their best friends' birthday in front of thousand of people...wow..

in the end beginning of Fix You : 'They tried to make me go to rehab but i said 'no, no, no' tribute to Amy Winehouse. I don't like Amy but this tribute impressed me so much. death and life.

now waiting for the hd video and perfect quality mp3 :D

Well that was freak'n awesome!!!

Aside from the seizure inducing video shots .....

But the guys looked great and the sound was amazing!

Look I'm Aussie and I have only ever seen a kangaroo once in my life -___-

You don't ride one to school??? :wtf: