✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Guest howyousawtheworld

I feel sorry for Debs. Seeing as she's been with them since the beginning and knows them so closely it can't be easy reading hardcore fans stinging criticism of the song. My view is that while it can bring in new listeners aka the dancers it alienates the Coldplay fan base.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel sorry for Debs. Seeing as she's been with them since the beginning and knows them so closely it can't be easy reading hardcore fans stinging criticism of the song. My view is that while it can bring in new listeners aka the dancers it alienates the Coldplay fan base.

Well she's clearly biased.

And not like this is gonna be a club hit or anything.

It's fucking pop.

Guest howyousawtheworld
It's sort of like Get On Your Boots by U2.

A song that isn't cool enough for the clubs.

And definitely not cool or enjoyable for the fanbase.

Just lost in awkward peril.

I feared that would happen today...and it did. But after Get On Your Boots I then heard Magnificent on top of the BBC roof and I was saved and the album was, after a few months and listens - bloody brilliant! Get On Your Boots on the album doesn't sound too bad but it was just an awful single.

I feared that would happen today...and it did. But after Get On Your Boots I then heard Magnificent on top of the BBC roof and I was saved and the album was, after a few months and listens - bloody brilliant! Get On Your Boots on the album doesn't sound too bad but it was just an awful single.

Yeah exactly, in the scheme of the album it made much more sense. Really brilliant moments on an album can help you forget about the not so brilliant ones. Hopefully that is the case with this song.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I just discussed this on the Coldplay section but should Coldplay go back to working with Ken Nelson producer of their first two albums and a couple of X&Y songs?

I just discussed this on the Coldplay section but should Coldplay go back to working with Ken Nelson producer of their first two albums and a couple of X&Y songs?

All they need to do is leave EMI once they've fulfilled their contract.

Fin.

Guest howyousawtheworld
All they need to do is leave EMI once they've fulfilled their contract.

Fin.

And form their own independent label?