✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Guest howyousawtheworld

Only heard 30 seconds of that song but it genuinely does sound better than ETDIAW already! Jonny IS all over this album maybe?!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my computer speakers are crap but it sounds a bit like Human (The Killers :uhoh:) I'll search my headphones to give it another listen

It kind of does. :thinking:

You know what? This song is 10 times better than ETIAW.

JkNNF.jpg

The future may be bright!

Guest howyousawtheworld

People will say it sounds like U2 but I don't care. It sounds great.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Sounds better but well, we can't judge yet

True. But I expect it will be pretty good.

Guest howyousawtheworld
you don't know how much I want to hear a good new coldplay song

Hopefully this time round. Did you not like anything from VLV? Not even Reign of Love?

Hopefully this time round. Did you not like anything from VLV? Not even Reign of Love?

I like Life in Technicolor (both versions), Cemeteries of London, Death And All His Friends and Strawberry Swing

I can't hear enough of that 55-second clip to judge anything :uhoh:. I was really hoping there'd be a mole miked to the gills or something so we'd have more to go on than we did this morning about how the future looks. They played SEVEN NEW SONGS (was it seven? I was out and that's what I was told). That's most of an album! I just wish more evidence was online, but we have tomorrow's livestream I guess.

Also...I listened to ETIAW in the car tonight while I was driving...and I enjoyed myself massively...I almost feel like I need to defend liking it so much, which is a problem in itself, but I just feel like dancing and celebrating something while listening to it. Too bad I think Chris got Apple and Moses to write the lyrics.

Well I just got a message on facebook from a fellow member here who went to the festival. He didn't care for ETIAW either, but he really liked the other stuff. I'll put (some of) his comments in a spoiler in case there are things you'd rather wait to see/know.

- Confettis make a return - only in a different form..new confettis are shaped in X's.

- Balloons make a return - only in different colors..red, yellow, blue, green.

- I hated the Teardrops blahblah song..a major dissapointment for me. Maybe I should listen it again couple times to comment though..as I'm difficult to please. But read the next one..

- Fuckin LOVED the new song with walking man! Remember that colorful light guy walking in the teaser video..that turned out to be the new background visual video for one of the new songs..and that song is amazing!! Not sure about the name - but as he starts to walk..than runs..than flies! Song is getting faster and faster. Loved it.

- VIVA LA VIDA makes a return with a different ending..it starts like the usual one and ends with a slow piano solo of Chris.

- In one of the songs..Will plays the piano and sings with Chris.

- There were tons of new songs.

- FIREWORKS!

- Lasers..everywhere.

- Stage is so colorful..at first you might think they went overboard..but you get used to it. And I kinda liked it.

"Hurts Like Heaven" is the one with the walking man!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoQXTnZni8E]YouTube - ‪Hurts Like Heaven - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏[/ame]

(holy hell, another terrible name...but I'm liking what I can hear of this! Waiting for the blowback from this one for being too poppy too, though)

A comment I just read on YouTube: "How did Will not veto this?"

BEST. COMMENT. EVER.

Too true. People think that Chris Martin is the reason why the band is so bad now, but you also have to think about the other members who are approving this garbage.

Now we know why Will looked so angry and ashamed in those pics they posted the other day...

255042_10150634420725253_15253175252_18886461_3937036_n.jpg

"I'm going to fucking tear your head off if you take this picture."

252515_10150637738495253_15253175252_18922249_3109187_n.jpg

"I can't fucking believe I'm doing this; someone cover my shame with special effects."