✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Multi-quote time!

Is that towards me :thinking: I've just learned that this might not be directed to me :lol:.

Dead at u thinking I'm wasting too much energy on this , that I'm defensive or that I really care. I have been making silly posts and playing with what you said the whole time :laugh: while you are writing essays each time u reply.

Goodnight :) . I gotta wake up early for the ETIAW premiere

Of course it's towards you. Who else would it be directed towards?

Only people who are defensive use that as an excuse. Thank you once again for proving me right. While I'm thinking about it..."dead at u?" Haha, what is that even supposed to mean? It makes no grammatical sense in English. I normally am not so brash about pointing stuff out like that, but as this was an attempt to insult me (which, by the way, was piss poor and failed horribly), I thought I'd make an exception. :nice:

Translation: "I give up, Violet. Your posts are too well-constructed and thought-provoking for me to properly combat. I concede to your greatness."

Also, I'm sorry I missed this feud. Just got off work.

One more thing - I brought this up way back when early song titles were being rumored for LP5, but if the song were simply titled "Teardrops", it would probably be getting less flack in its pre-release state. Parachutes had simple song titles. They work.

:blush: :hug:

Yeah, I agree. "Teardrops" sounds a LOT better.

They have a habit of releasing their worst song on the album as their single, so hopefully there will be some greats on LP5. :D

I disagree with that, but OK.

it's clear that you don't have a clue about good music

It's clear that you don't know that the idea of good music is completely subjective.

I think I've become more accepting of different styles of music BECAUSE of Coldplay and this board, which includes finding value in a lot of things I would have dismissed as too commercial and crowd-pleasing before.

I approve of this post. That's a lovely way to think about it.

The song was totally worth all the anticipation and it reassured my high hopes for the album. Yes, it was a change of direction, but I heard a lot of promise.

Oh wait, that was Violet Hill's pre-LP release.

Mhm. I love "Violet Hill" to pieces. :heart:

Hmmm that is something rather sexy about a American female loving the word Tw*t. ;)

That sounds creepy. :uhoh:

I prefer c*nt thank you very much

I hate that word. :sick:

I am going to say what I said in the Coldplay thread here...

I'm just finding it meh.

It's not terribly offensive to music... But at the same time there is no hook, nothing that will grab me and say 'yes, this is Coldplay, listen to it again and again'.

I'm hoping it will grow on me, but I don't know.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Multi-quote time!

Of course it's towards you. Who else would it be directed towards?

Only people who are defensive use that as an excuse. Thank you once again for proving me right. While I'm thinking about it..."dead at u?" Haha, what is that even supposed to mean? It makes no grammatical sense in English. I normally am not so brash about pointing stuff out like that, but as this was an attempt to insult me (which, by the way, was piss poor and failed horribly), I thought I'd make an exception. :nice:

:blush: :hug:

Yeah, I agree. "Teardrops" sounds a LOT better.

I disagree with that, but OK.

It's clear that you don't know that the idea of good music is completely subjective.

I approve of this post. That's a lovely way to think about it.

Mhm. I love "Violet Hill" to pieces. :heart:

That sounds creepy. :uhoh:

I hate that word. :sick:

I think Waterfall would have sounded better. But 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall'? Sounds like the title of a leftover/deleted song from Pinocchio.

Well, I was slightly disappointed during my first listen to ETIAW. But, now that I've listened to it again a few times it's really starting to grow on me.

It's definitely not a musical masterpiece and I am a little disappointed that they sampled another song. It also sounds a little overproduced (oh, the joys of Brian Eno) for my taste; I think they were at their best in the Parachutes and AROBTTH eras when it was more natural sounding.

Criticism aside though, I know that I'm already starting to like the song and that it will make an appearance on my summer playlists. I am really looking forward to hearing some live performances as they won't have that over-produced sound. I definitely would not say this is their best song, but it's very catchy and fun so I'm going to try and set my judgements aside and just enjoy it.

I can't help but think every time I hear this song that it is a failed attempt at Snow patrol's "just say yes". Which is a superior song in so many ways.

"Just Say Yes" at least has a decent hook. Not my favorite SP song by a longshot but is catchier than ETIAW.

I finally braved the murky depths of the Coldplay section (our sworn nemesis to the north who I believe is plotting nuclear war) and there seems to be a lot of arguments about how because it's the lead single, it's supposed to be peppy and poppy. Obviously people don't remember Shiver, which was also a lead single.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Well, I was slightly disappointed during my first listen to ETIAW. But, now that I've listened to it again a few times it's really starting to grow on me.

It's definitely not a musical masterpiece and I am a little disappointed that they sampled another song. It also sounds a little overproduced (oh, the joys of Brian Eno) for my taste; I think they were at their best in the Parachutes and AROBTTH eras when it was more natural sounding.

Criticism aside though, I know that I'm already starting to like the song and that it will make an appearance on my summer playlists. I am really looking forward to hearing some live performances as they won't have that over-produced sound. I definitely would not say this is their best song, but it's very catchy and fun so I'm going to try and set my judgements aside and just enjoy it.

It's catchy and upbeat but the melody doesn't hold much weight. Which is a surprise for me because I think Chris Martin is a great melodist. I'm not even certain this song is going to be on the album. It doesn't really go along with the "experimental acoustic" feel they were going for. I hope they play some new songs at the festival tonight to get a better gauge of what the album will be like.

"Just Say Yes" at least has a decent hook. Not my favorite SP song by a longshot but is catchier than ETIAW.

I finally braved the murky depths of the Coldplay section (our sworn nemesis to the north who I believe is plotting nuclear war) and there seems to be a lot of arguments about how because it's the lead single, it's supposed to be peppy and poppy. Obviously people don't remember Shiver, which was also a lead single.

I wouldn't say Violet Hill was either.

I think Waterfall would have sounded better. But 'Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall'? Sounds like the title of a leftover/deleted song from Pinocchio.

Ehhh, perhaps. At any rate, its current title is the worst.

Derp. That's the point.......

Ummm...good for you, then?

LOLWUT. Lead singles aren't "supposed" to be anything. That's ludicrous. Even if it was, you make an excellent point with "Shiver."

I wouldn't say Violet Hill was either.

Of course it wasn't; its sound is too dark.

Guest howyousawtheworld
I would almost like a part of this song except the only good part is the guitar part and they didn't even write that part.

I mean it just boggles the mind

Really? Who did they take it from? I know they took from Peter Allen's I go to Rio but the guitar part? Don't know about that one. And I don't know much about the dancing in the video either. Just hope Chris Martin doesn't bring out the maracas.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgq1g-2cQ54]YouTube - ‪Peter Allen - I go to Rio‬‏[/ame]

OK, now that I've listened to this song twice, I can make a proper assessment.

It's a grower, that's for sure. I liked it better after hearing it the second time. I rather love the guitar bits.

With that being said, however, I'm quite annoyed with Chris Martin's vocals. The balance is off, the beginning is a bit repetetive, and the "WHOA"s and the waterfall bit at the end are annoying. I don't get it.

With that being said, however, I'm quite annoyed with Chris Martin's vocals. The balance is off, the beginning is a bit repetetive, and the "WHOA"s and the waterfall bit at the end are annoying. I don't get it.

Crowds like "WHOA's". Just look at any crowd during the VLV tour.

This set of "WHOA's", of course, isn't nearly as infectious.

See what you made me do just now, Coldplay? You actually made me compliment "Viva la Vida" so that I could further insult your latest song. :laugh3: