✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yeh the thing is a acoustic version of ETIAW - those lyrics would stand out even more. :(

An acoustic version of ETIAW just wouldn't succeed unlike most of their songs.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I can still see this song being used in Wimbledon tv montages or when someone wins Britain's Best Pudding or whatever cooking competitions are on tv these days.

I can still see this song being used in Wimbledon tv montages or when someone wins Britain's Best Pudding or whatever cooking competitions are on tv these days.

YES. Montage galore.

And I have a feeling it will be used on Entertainment Tonight every night for at least the next month.

Oh and if they end up performing in the opening ceremony of the Olympics next year (as rumored), this is likely what they will be performing.

YES. Montage galore.

And I have a feeling it will be used on Entertainment Tonight every night for at least the next month.

Oh and if they end up performing in the opening ceremony of the Olympics next year (as rumored), this is likely what they will be performing.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Guest howyousawtheworld

All they have to do if they are going to do the Olympics is perform Clocks complete with the great green laser show ala Brits 2003/Live 2003. There are moments which have you hooked to a band and that performance at the Brits over 8 years ago was one of those moments. I was astounded!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfdwOlK3RaU]YouTube - ‪COLDPLAY - CLOCKS - LIVE AT THE BRITS 2003‬‏[/ame]

Guest howyousawtheworld
Yeh I know about that but who's to say they will use this song - besides London 2012 is gonna be a waste of time anyway. Instead they should have spent the money on supporting more home grown talent so we can win more than a handful of medals.

Getting Coldplay to perform at the Olympics won't hinder the development of young athletes in this country!

I agree with Christina, it doesn't sound natural.

Someone mentioned it earlier either in this thread or in the coldplay section, but a few months ago I ( along with probably many other fans) got the impression that the band was going back to be more intimate with their fans. It was mentioned and I felt that was the general vibe. People, rightfully, gave them a bit of stick for not playing a lot of the music while on tour.

I don't know, I was hoping that they would have taken that into consideration and brought it back to the simple band layout. That may be boring to some people's standards but it suited them as a band. And with this new song, besides his voice it doesn't sound like Coldplay.

But that's just my opinion.

Guest howyousawtheworld
LoL

I didn't mean that I meant the whole project as a whole.

Getting the opportunity to host the Olympics meant pouring more money into the development of young sports persons in this country. It was a large chunk of the budget so it isn't a waste of money. If we didn't get the chance to host the Olympics the youth wouldn't be getting supported. We should be honored to host the Olympics and I for one am looking forward to it.