✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

I agree with Christina, it doesn't sound natural.

Someone mentioned it earlier either in this thread or in the coldplay section, but a few months ago I ( along with probably many other fans) got the impression that the band was going back to be more intimate with their fans. It was mentioned and I felt that was the general vibe. People, rightfully, gave them a bit of stick for not playing a lot of the music while on tour.

I don't know, I was hoping that they would have taken that into consideration and brought it back to the simple band layout. That may be boring to some people's standards but it suited them as a band. And with this new song, besides his voice it doesn't sound like Coldplay.

But that's just my opinion.

I agree. I had high hopes for something a bit more stripped-down and back to basics, but the second I saw the 2 promo photos and the artwork for this song, I knew that probably wasn't going to happen.

I'm still liking the song quite a bit for what it is, but my absolute dream would have been to see a more simple, less flashy bit of artwork and a simple photo of them in normal clothes...and a song that sounded like it was four guys in a room trying to churn out some beautiful sounds from the heart, not for the market.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I had high hopes for something a bit more stripped-down and back to basics, but the second I saw the 2 promo photos and the artwork for this song, I knew that probably wasn't going to happen.

I'm still liking the song quite a bit for what it is, but my absolute dream would have been to see a more simple, less flashy bit of artwork and a simple photo of them in normal clothes...and a song that sounded like it was four guys in a room trying to churn out some beautiful sounds from the heart, not for the market.

Agreed. The recent photoshoots are just so anal - no wonder they are mocked so much.

Getting the opportunity to host the Olympics meant pouring more money into the development of young sports persons in this country. It was a large chunk of the budget so it isn't a waste of money. If we didn't get the chance to host the Olympics the youth wouldn't be getting supported. We should be honored to host the Olympics and I for one am looking forward to it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I just had my first listen and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I would have liked it three years ago, when I was getting into music and coldplay but now it just doesn't seem good enough. Thats probably because it isn't good enough but I can see myself hating the song any more than some of their worse older stuff but I don't really listen to coldplay much these days anyway. I still think there will be some good songs on the album, I wouldn't write the whole thing off yet.

Despite all the signs pointing at it being shit...

I still had hope. That maybe they could pull it out.

Or at least it could be one of those guilty pleasure songs.

What the fuck guys.

What the fuck.

I don't even see this as a radio hit, so what the fuck are they thinking.