✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

I only listened to ETIAW once and didn't like it at all. I know I should give it another listen but I don't really wanna... But I quite like the new videos posted in the Rock im Park thread. "Hurts like Heaven" seems great and I really liked the other one even though we only have the beginning.

I'm a lot more exited for LP5 now, I hope they just made a mistake by choosing ETIAW as their first single... The rest seem promising enough.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a fan of a band doesn't mean we have to like every single thing they release, especially if the song they release is horribly written and produced like Every Teardrop is a Waterfall was.

its a great song IMO

Guest howyousawtheworld

Well I've listened to Hurts Like Heaven (terrible name) and I have to say I like it. I liked it a lot. Very 80s rock pop but at the same time it's something I could even imagine Arcade Fire doing but seeing as The Suburbs wasn't looked too favourably by some on here, for some reason, that's not a good thing either. I think some of you always expect melacholic piano led slow burners so have a very narrow view of what Coldplay should and shouldn't be doing which is a shame really. You may not like the Coldplay of the past few years and that is absolutely fine and understandable but there are others who think there new work is fantastic. But still we have to wait for the new album to see whether it holds much weight.

Being a fan of a band doesn't mean we have to like every single thing they release, especially if the song they release is horribly written and produced like Every Teardrop is a Waterfall was.

Every fangirl on this forum needs to learn this.

What do you guys think of the new songs? :\ Sounded pretty average to me. I don't know what it's called, but the one where Chris keeps repeating the same verse over and over again ("Hurts Like Heaven", me thinks?) gave me a headache.

they've long left that world of alternative music acts[/color][/b]. their competition now is beyonce, lady gaga, fallout boy, nickelback, kings of leon, black eyed peas and the other chart toppers going around. but the thing is, even when i put the song in that context. it still sounds pretty terrible.

Interestingly enough, iTunes labeled ETIAW as "Alternative".

I call bullshit. wtf iTunes?!?

Guest howyousawtheworld

I've seen a few really good quality videos of the new songs.

They sound like what the band WANTED X&Y to be. Really really good stuff. And it's great seeing Chris on the acoustic more. And isn't this a refreshing change from yesterdays single.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWe-kNpz14]YouTube - ‪Us Against The World - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏[/ame]

where the hell are their new "costumes"?

y'all say that it's gay, l wanna know how gay it is.

I find it hard to appreciate ETIAW, lol even the other 'fans' are already doubting their admiration for Coldplay. l wasn't expecting it to be better than VLV since they are going through this "second trilogy" phase, whatever you call it.

and we all know that this phase is just.......

They sound like what the band WANTED X&Y to be. Really really good stuff. And it's great seeing Chris on the acoustic more. And isn't this a refreshing change from yesterdays single.

YouTube - ‪Us Against The World - Coldplay live at Rock im Park in Nuremberg 2011‬‏

I watched this one, Cartoon Heart, and Hurts Like Heaven. Not really sold on HLH right now but it's better than ETIAW. But so is the sound of kittens burning. Thanks for setting the bar so low with that one, Coldplay.

This one and Cartoon Heart are refreshingly decent. I hope this track ("Us Against the World"? I can't keep track of these awful names.) remains acoustic on the album. I know Coldplay sometimes strips down certain songs for live shows.

Still think I'll get a much better impression with today's webcast. I'm over the shock of Every Teardrop now (though not looking forward to "rocking out" to it live). Let's move forward, for better or worse (can it get worse?) :)

Guest howyousawtheworld
Jonny's guitar parts are the best i've heard from him in a while. Chris, however, is barely singing at all

The one in Hurts Like Heaven sounds very John Squirish

Okay reading good reviews about the new songs actually lightens my day a bit.

Well you know, after went through a massive load of negative criticisms, I really needed good news. :tongue:

The quality of the videos is really bad, I can't tell if the songs are good or not. But I'm looking forward to hear the new songs, hoping that they will be pleasing enough to cover the flaws done by ETIAW.

Thanks for all the kind words on ETIAW..I wish we could release all the new songs tomorrow, but chris just wrote a new one ! pH

:surprised: