🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything before this era I pretty much love. There was some stuff on Viva la Vida and Prospekt's March I wasn't nuts about but it still sounded good. It still sounded high quality. They're kind've going the opposite of that now. :bigcry:

I enjoy "Hurts Like Heaven" and I love "Us Against the World". Other than those two, I'm pretty sure this album's going to be pretty damn bad. :sad:.

I don't know what happened.

When "Christmas Lights" came out I was the happiest girl in the whole world. I was giddy for this new album. 'Cause I was thinking "If this is the kind've new music they're making, the whole album is going to sound wonderful!"

Apparently, they decided real drums aren't cool anymore and Lady Gaga-like lyrics are good and synthesized sound that drowns out any sort of singing or musical beat is the way to go. Holy fuck, are they wrong.

I mean, there's "electric" and there's "laziness". Coldplay's become the latter.

Anyhoo, there's a lot more I could say but I don't want to get in too crazy of a rant.

I haven't listened to them in a really long time, to be honest. Mostly from sheer frustration and disappointment in this new sound. It's just, it's not fair. I don't think I've ever seen a band collapse as hard as they did and of course, it has to be my favorite.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Christmas Lights? It was lovely as a stand alone single but if Coldplay stuck to that sort of level they might as well not bother anymore. If they did go that way you'd still get the same people moaning about what they've done and saying it was totally wrong. There really is no pleasing some people any more which is absolutely fine because we all move on in our tastes and such. You can try and succeed and you can try and fail. But at least you've tried. I think they've tried on this and I think they'll succeed. Bar ETIAW I have really enjoyed all the other songs I've heard from this era. Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown in particular are just two songs that are blissful to listen to. They are fantastic pop tunes that are honest and even fun. For me at the very least it keeps things refreshing but at the same time keeping features which are still so obviously Coldplay. As the BBC put it it's a change in dynamics rather than the dynamics of change. It's encouraging seeing the Beeb and the likes praising the album and it has certainly raised my hopes for the record.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Princess of China is pretty bad....

It sounds weird. And it doesn't make much sense to me the Rihanna collaboration. Baffled, head scratching and all.

And yeah - it needs more bass.

But boy if you didn't like ETIAW you will NOT like this. I can see why people will like it but I can see why people will despise it! It will send people into a fit of absolute anger.

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's alright for a song I was dreading. That said my itunes just shuffled it's way to Don't Panic after it finished. Wow the difference.