✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New Coldplay eh?

MrMagpie

Guest howyousawtheworld

Coldplay really should do a small gig performing their songs in their most purest form. Not many bands do it better. Yes the stadium spectaculars are something but their is something magical about their sound and Chris's voice when stripped back. He has the most perfect, beautiful voice when doing so, something whic is lost in the hubbubb of a lot of production lately.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that was a very lovely, stripped down version of HLH! After all the production on that song (which I happen to like) it's nice to know that it can be stripped down to its barest essentials and still sounds amazing.

^

I'm all for Coldplay doing some smaller gigs like that. And I wish I could be there for some of them! After watching that video show some of the audience listening to them play HLH, it got me a bit steamed. They were like lumps on a log. I mean, how can you not even be bobbing your head?! I guess that's just the musician in me. When I hear a beat, I instinctively move.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Mylo Xyloto is like the a sequel to a movie that really didn't need one.

That's a good way to describe it. A bit like Temple of Doom to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Some memorable bits but otherwise very shallow compared to it's predecessor. Thankfully The Last Crusade was great IMO.

That's a good way to describe it. A bit like Temple of Doom to Raiders of the Lost Ark. Some memorable bits but otherwise very shallow compared to it's predecessor. Thankfully The Last Crusade was great IMO.

Fully agree with this :nod:

Chris Martin on Radiohead:

Pitchfork: Bands like Radiohead and U2 are famous for reinventing themselves while maintaining a huge audience, which is an especially impressive trick to pull off. I feel like Coldplay kind of does that, but have you guys ever thought about going for a more radical musical change? Does that appeal to you?

CM: The way we differ from Radiohead-- who are unquestionably brilliant-- is that, at the end of the day, I'm still a slave to catchy songs. I love sing-alongs. And within the limits of that, we'll try anything. But we're in the middle because I love "Last Friday Night" by Katy Perry almost as much as "Karma Police", and if you want to straddle that line, you have to take the slings and arrows.

Thom [Yorke] has a different philosophy, and that's why they're as great as they are. They're a lot braver, in a certain sense. They always challenge the hell out of you. When Kid A came out, I listened to it once and was really angry. I was like, "Where are all the stadium songs?" And then, sure enough, it becomes your favorite. That's so wonderful.

Reinventions like Kid A or Achtung Baby were natural, but we wouldn't do that because it's already been done. We're trying to keep changing in our own way-- we're definitely a very different-sounding band now compared to the first album or the third album. I know we can never be in those guys' spheres, but we have our own thing, which is OK.

And if you do not respect pop music at all, you're an idiot?

heh I guess that's what I said...

If you don't respect pop music at all, it just seems pretty immature (to me). You don't have to like it.

It's well written & produced, it's catchy and there's some great pop star at the end to sing it. It's good :uhoh: